Retiredmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Game freezes up

[Post New]by Retiredmom on Dec 31, 08 6:43 PM
The cards are really hard. I skipped them. I have had some success with the fireballs and 3 locks. Get down to the last lock and when the fireball is in the top row, my games freezes and the games shuts down. Has anyone else had this problem. Have sent message to customer service.

Re:Game freezes up

[Post New]by swtpea2024 on Jan 1, 09 10:26 PM
I have the same problem. I get an error message that says the"access violation"
Any luck with customer service?

[Post New]by swtpea2024 on Jan 1, 09 11:41 PM
Hi,
Just an update. I downloaded a new adobe flash player (free) and the silly game has stopped freezing!!!!!
Go figure.

[Post New]by luchok on Jan 7, 09 6:59 PM
I downloaded the latest flashplayer and still am getting the access violation message--game worked fine until I got to the second lock puzzle. Odd thing is that it doesn't freeze at the same time and the access violation code it gives is always different.

CReagan55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by CReagan55 on Jan 8, 09 1:49 AM
I am also having the same problem. I even reinstalled the game, per the game help section and it's still doing the same thing. Still getting the violation error at the second lock. I think those of us who are having this same problem should get our money back, or be able to get another game to replace this one. Please let me know if anyone has gotten this resolved.

[Post New]by luchok on Jan 9, 09 4:56 AM
My latest info--I have downloaded the latest flashplayer, graphics driver, and active X and still freezes. I started over and discovered it also freezes on the first card puzzle--got through the initial quatrain puzzle fine which indicates it freezes on anything involving movement. The first time I played it went through the moving puzzles fine until I got to the 2nd loacks puzzle. Will never understand why a program stops working whenh I haven't downloaded anything new since it was installed.

patscable
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by patscable on Jan 27, 09 11:42 AM
I also have trouble with the game freezing up. I get to the second fire ball game and it freezes. Anyone found out why let me know.
Seems that there should be an solution. I have all the download mentioned in the other chats but still it freezes and says error. ?????????

misskanga
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by misskanga on Jan 31, 09 6:36 AM
This game is driving me nuts.... I keep getting the same thing... undo 1st lock then freezes on the 2nd lock and shuts down... I have tried leaving the game alone for a couple of weeks and going back to it but hey **** it still happens... u can re download as many times as u want but it still happens.... I now think we should get a free credit for this game as it is un playable!

[Post New]by debbie43 on Feb 1, 09 8:13 AM
I have sent e-mail to customer service no reply
I have 3 games going buckingham palace, robinson crusoe, and syberia 2 and they all freeze on me I get so far and then the screen goes multicoloured lines and i have to shut comp down it is driving me mad

[Post New]by ilmaMH on Feb 14, 09 1:52 AM
I have the same problem: the game freezes or I get an error message. It's not the first game from Big Fish which freezes, I asked help from the tech support. The answer is to update my video driver but I tried to do so but I got the message that my drivers are already up to date. So it doesn't help at all. I wonder if I should buy games from Big Fish anymore...

[Post New]by campaigner on Mar 24, 09 4:37 AM
Anyone heard anything from customer service?
My game freezes at the first fireball puzzle.
I don't get an error message it just freezes my whole computer and my driver is the latest.
I think we all need a game credit.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Dec 26, 09 2:02 PM
Same thing happens to me on my laptop Windows 7.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 8, 10 7:10 PM
same thing happens to me twice on the three lock fireball, as there has been some passed since this has been reported I would have thought there would have been a patch by now!

And for another game I had problems with (windows 7) I did their felix download thingy and everything is up to date.

[Post New]by susanmowat on Aug 15, 10 10:15 PM
Having the same problem...anyone get any help on this yet?

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 10:16:30 PM PST

tinsel34
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tinsel34 on Aug 17, 10 11:59 PM
having the same problem with both nostradaus games ,cant even load either and all my drivers and flash are upgraded .

lvgma
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lvgma on Aug 19, 10 5:32 PM
I am having the same problem, in the same spot. If you will notice the first complaint
was made in 2008. I think it would have been fixed by now or taken out of the
"lineup". I am really aggravated about this. I used to trust BFG, but I am seeing them as just greedy now. I am sorry to see this happening.

[Post New]by cboike on Sep 20, 10 1:34 PM
I have had the problem with this also, I tried the other games i have bought and all of them are freezing up on me. I have brand new lap top everything is updated so no clue what else to do but I am not happy.

kit1717
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kit1717 on Sep 26, 10 4:46 PM
I was having similar trouble with this and other games freezing up or exiting. After taking a rather long route of making sure flash, video, system files, etc., etc., were all up to date, I finally got some truly expert help. It ended up being my virus protection software! (I had to uninstall, not just turn off, my virus protection software for things to start working again.)

My virus PC protection software had been doing a good job for many years, but after working with the provider for months, I was still having issues. I finally uninstalled that brand and tried another long-existing brand--and still had issues.

My expert recommended I obtain one of the newer brands of virus protection software (Microsoft lists several that are OK). After doing as recommended, everything began working just fine. My system even starts up faster.

I got the newer brand of protection software a couple months ago and have not had a single problem with BigFish games since! Go figure.

Go to: