Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

Final Ratings?

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 17, 11 9:32 PM
Okay, I've saved the world three times now by defeating both alien bosses, but I don't understand why I have only gotten the high score of 78 percent. I have cleared most of the dark areas (some islands, you can't clear, obviously), have all of the jewels, have completed all of the quests, etc. (Also, I'm playing TT Gold since finding those jewels in the original was a mega-pain even with the videos; I don't know if that makes a difference in the final scoring.)

Is time a factor? I'm pretty thorough in my preparations for battle and probably could survive with fewer military units, but I do love those shaman once they get thunder magic on Volcano Island!

I read on the Enkord website that you can go back an improve the first islands with new items you have discovered, but does anyone know which items are best to build? Tetala and Dolphin Island, for example, are too small to hold more than a fraction of the new items. If they weren't such pretty islands, I would wish for a bulldozer!

Edited to add: I posted this question on the company's forum for the game, and the moderator told me that buildings and population increase your score, but that longer time game decreases it. He also said that my top percentage (78 percent) was pretty high for the game, but I do know that some people have gotten in the 80s and a couple 90 percent. So, I'll keep working!

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 3:28:45 PM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Final Ratings?

[Post New]by cstdenis on Sep 9, 11 6:48 AM
Hi Lucy, yes I was wondering that myself. I just finished the game for the third time and got a score of 87 percent (I think that's the highest I've ever gotten). Maybe because I knew which strategy to use, I could build the right buildings first then move quicker to finish off the boss.

My problem is that I love exploring ever nook and cranny, so I go back to every ilsand I possibly can and swim til there is no black left at all. I know, kinda' boring and anal right? It really bugs me that I can't swim on Liana and Guru's island - I want to see what's behind that black area!

I hadn't thought about going back and building more buildings on the earlier islands. Maybe I will try that next time. Can't play for a while though because if I play too soon after I just finished, I remember everything too much. I will have to wait at least 3 months before I go again.

Go to: