bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Mayan Puzzle

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 18, 11 12:27 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mayan Puzzle? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mayan Puzzle

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 18, 11 12:42 AM
You have to get rid of tiles in a given number of moves.

Took me one move to uninstall the game : EXIT....

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jul 18, 11 1:21 AM
This is a fun game, at least to me. It starts out simple but soon gets more difficult. You have to maneuver blocks in such a way as to match them and clear them from the board, and you only have so many moves in which to do it. It definitely gets me thinking. I made it to level 19 when my time ran out and the time went by so quickly. I played in classic mode and it wasn't timed and really you need time to figure out how to get those gosh derned blocks to fall in such a manner as to match up and vanish from the board! I will give it some further thought as to whether I will purchase it at this time.

Jin

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 18, 11 4:46 AM
This game has great graphics, bright and colorful. Good effects and animations. Good concept gameplay, the first level is easy but it keeps getting harden and harder. Music is annoying for me and there're nothing much for the story. Another good Match3/Puzzle, but too stressful for me!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Music: C
Story: Nothing much???
Bonuses: B
Gameplay: B
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 18, 11 6:51 AM
Poutoule wrote:You have to get rid of tiles in a given number of moves.

Took me one move to uninstall the game : EXIT....

LOL! Oh god, I like it...

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 18, 11 7:14 AM

I actually liked this game. It reminds me of Qbees2, another game I have with similar moves.

I admit that, through no fault in the game, I only got thru round 7. And that was after multiple tries.

So, really, the reason why I'm not buying the game is that I'm not smart enough to do well at it and I'd rather not be reminded of that fact....

P.S. Great music, though....

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 7:16:44 AM PST

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Jul 18, 11 8:51 AM
I will probably buy it, even though it makes me feel pretty dumb.........LOL

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 18, 11 12:28 PM
This is not a Match-3 game.

It is a puzzle game. Whoever wrote the game description on the game download page and referred to it as a Match-3 game is doing the game a disservice. Someone at BFG should correct the description.

I love puzzle games but I was only able to play about 20 minutes of it this morning before I went to work. It really makes you think and I love a good challenge. I'll be back to comment more after I return home from work and can play it more.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 18, 11 1:00 PM
I gave it about five minutes...several levels and then met one I couldn't get. Just wasn't interesting enough for me to keep trying.

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Jul 18, 11 2:11 PM
This is definately a Puzzle game not Match3. Maybe a buy as D/D but not at full price.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 18, 11 3:55 PM
I played the hour demo just in classic mode - so that's all I'm commenting on...

Frustrating puzzle game. If you get stuck, you receive one hint per 20 tries on the puzzle you're stuck on. By the end of the demo, I was past 40 tries on the level, and still had no idea how to solve it with the 2 clues I got.

The music and graphics seem fine to me. But no story line or anything, just the puzzles. The map shows 50 levels and I think I was somewhere near 20 when the hour was up.

I already own Qbeez 2, and haven't played that one clear thru yet, so I don't think I need to get this one too... But if it comes up as a daily deal I might grab it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 18, 11 4:07 PM
I played and won the first 7 levels, yawned twice, deleted it.

Zoolady
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Zoolady on Jul 18, 11 4:17 PM
I played for a little while but got tired of being told I "Failed" so deleted it.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 18, 11 4:38 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a puzzle geek.

I am enjoying this game just because I love logic puzzles. I am also posting video solutions on youtube. If you get stuck you can check out my videos before you get frustrated.

I also think the game developers should have given more liberal hints. 20 tries for 1 hint is too tedious. But I still bought it because .....
I am a puzzle geek!

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 4:38:41 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 18, 11 5:53 PM
I don`t like this game very much. Its not my cup of tea. But if you really like brainteaser game, you should give this game a go.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 18, 11 6:37 PM
I've seen this type of game before and it's very restricted in that there's only one solution and you have to discover the correct combination of blocks to slide and the proper sequence. I got to Classic level 19 before I threw in the towel.

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 6:37:44 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 18, 11 6:55 PM
I have only played to level 25 in the Classic mode because I am creating videos as I go and I have seen one level that has more than one solution.

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 8:15:25 PM PST

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jul 18, 11 11:55 PM
Had big hopes for new M3, but sorry this is too rigid, difficult and slow. Nice visuals though. I hope these devs make another game of this quality but a bit more fun.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Jul 19, 11 4:08 AM
I love M3 games but this one - PASS big time. I've played for four minutes, got to a level where I've tried 10 times 10 different ways to solve it, been told 10 times I've Failed so no, I don't need to play this any more. Way too irritating! It's back to all the Puzzle Quests, Jewel Match Sleepless Star and Cradles of Rome for me.

[Post New]by mausienanna on Jul 19, 11 6:12 AM
BORING! 10 mins. of my life i'll never get back!!

Go to: