DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 12:16 AM
Hi there all,
Ooh another game with a vampire theme, but wait ... there is more... no steak knives but another game from the HdO vault (2010) and again I have the information from another H0 fan that this game is the same as the others put out by this company.
OK, by my reckoning, we still have 4 or 5 more to go.
If you think I am being too harsh about this game (I have not tried it and will not be even wasting my DL limit with this), please feel free to try it yourself.
If you manage to overcome the sea-sickness from the Main Page and collect all of the teeny, items in the timed H0 mode .. find collecting 12 eggplants (or whatever) interesting .... all power to you.
As usual, I recommend that you try before you buy - especially if you are like me and have PC credits just itching to be used.
I was really hoping that this company had started to develop better games ... well, maybe with the next one.
DLO.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Comments for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 19, 11 12:19 AM
There are no words to describe this game except awful. This has to be the worst game in many moons. I am not going to trust Mudrock’s reviews again. The music made me want to stick pins in a voodoo doll of the creators. The beginning of the game you actually had to locate places on the map of Paris. OMG, get real! I had been warned by some who had written on Mudrock’s column how bad the game was, but of course, stupid me had to try it. It also keep freezing up. I really liked the trip in the metro station in Paris. You had to follow the signs to get to your location in Montmarte. Nothing but HOGS and it is also very short. Grade: F (told you that you guys would push it)

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 12:28:07 AM PST

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Jul 19, 11 12:23 AM
Gee, I wonder who made this...

Bad game, bad graphics, bad playstyle, bad user interface, nauseating transitions...

Wait, it's starting to smell like...HdO.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Jul 19, 11 12:26 AM
Murdoch works for BF to promote the games, he is certainly not going to say if a game is crappy. They are all wonderful in his eyes and if I had his job I would say the same things. Come to think of it I wouldn't take his job, it would force me to do nothing but lie. Having knowledge of what is REALLY going on in the world today regarding the new world order, HAARP, depopulation and a whole lot more, ding, ding, took me long enough to figure out what is behind these games. If anybody else has figured this out I would love for you to PM me about it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 12:27 AM
Hi there sunnyglow,
I'm very glad to see that someone who actually took the plunge to trial this game has offered their comments.
Not sure if its Mudrock's fault though - BFG did "purchase" (or whatever) the distribution rights to HdO games!!
Hmm.
DLO

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 19, 11 12:33 AM
HdO means NONONO...downloaded it before I read y'all's comments...so I decided to try. NO and no and no. Same ole HdO...these devs haven't learned anything at all. Night all.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jul 19, 11 12:33 AM
I tried this game and it is ridiculous. After spending 13 minutes on that stupid subway map, I exited and deleted. This isn't a game. It's pure annoyance!!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 19, 11 12:33 AM
(Disclaimer--I have not experienced this release (Note: I didn't use the word "game," because that word usually implies some sort of fun.) (The alleged developers of this apparently have a proven track record--some people believe that track is run by candlelight in a basement, using paint-by-numbers kits.)

At a website that is named after the longest river in South America, there are two gamer reviews for this thing--I urge folks to check out those comments b4 demo-ing or (Heaven forbid) buying or redeeming a PunchCard Coupon. "...Paris Stories" was a D/L almost a year ago at the above site, and warranted two reviews, neither of which are pretty. Just sayin'...

(I'm sure I'll be taken to task by someone for commenting without trying--I only want to give a heads-up and to let folks know that I did some research when I saw this title in Mudrock's predictions yesterday.)

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Jul 19, 11 12:34 AM
I can't even figure out how to get started in this game. What????

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 12:35 AM
puppycake wrote:Having knowledge of what is REALLY going on in the world today regarding the new world order, HAARP, depopulation and a whole lot more, ding, ding, took me long enough to figure out what is behind these games. If anybody else has figured this out I would love for you to PM me about it.

???
The name in this case is Mudrock, not Murdoch!! No tapping of phones here.
I think your post is misplaced on this occasion as this is a games forum.
Post your concerns in the CCC forum if you wish to continue this conversation.
Cheers

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 19, 11 12:36 AM
I tried, I really tried (I have a wonderful (not) summer cold and need to be amused).

I played the teeny spot the stations puzzle, and managed to get to a platform in the Metro, whether it was the right one or not I don't know - nor do I care.

It's another Hdo-no for me I'm afraid.

Tried it, deleted it.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 19, 11 12:39 AM
Oooooh Noooo! Hdo game, run for your lives. Don't look back, just run as fast as you can. Someone save us all from Hdo games. lol lol

I can't even review Hdo games, they say enough for them selfs.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 19, 11 12:39 AM
Thanks for the comments. It's a HdO, so I am not going for a DL. No buy for me.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 19, 11 12:40 AM
Lasted 4 minutes - awful music/graphics. And haven't we had this one before? Or something similar??

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 19, 11 12:41 AM
puppycake wrote: Having knowledge of what is REALLY going on in the world today regarding the new world order, HAARP, depopulation and a whole lot more, ding, ding, took me long enough to figure out what is behind these games. If anybody else has figured this out I would love for you to PM me about it.
Here we go again!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 19, 11 12:42 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
puppycake wrote:Having knowledge of what is REALLY going on in the world today regarding the new world order, HAARP, depopulation and a whole lot more, ding, ding, took me long enough to figure out what is behind these games. If anybody else has figured this out I would love for you to PM me about it.

???
Cheers

Hey Puppycake--What the ??? Last time D-L-Oz and I checked (NO--NO ONE is a forum cop!), this thread is about BFG's TGT, not for expounding on the fate of the world!

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Jul 19, 11 12:43 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:

???
Cheers

It's quite alright, I'm done. I mean I am REALLY done.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 12:44 AM
elldee2728 wrote:(clipped)
(The alleged developers of this apparently have a proven track record--some people believe that track is run by candlelight in a basement, using paint-by-numbers kits.)

Hi there Elldee,
This section is priceless!! Do you mind if I add it to my list of "great quotes from others for maybe use at another time" (of course with proper reference to yourself)?
Cheers

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Jul 19, 11 12:45 AM
Please BF no more HdO rubbish. This crap really doesn't deserve the name "game!"

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 19, 11 12:47 AM
nanalinnell wrote:I can't even figure out how to get started in this game. What????

Hi there nanalinnell,
If the Main Page is the same as the others it has a ( ) scrolling menu that you need to "catch" at the right time to enter your name and try to "hit" the play button.
CHeers

Go to: