bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 19, 11 12:47 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Reviews for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 19, 11 2:45 AM
I'm surprised that there are no reviews here yet, but there are several in the Comments thread.

The developer is HdO, and that says it all for most gamers.

The main problem with these games is that each and every one of them is exactly the same. Poor graphics, clunky controls, nauseating opening screen, and it's hard to tell if there is a story because the gameplay is sooooo frustrating.

As always, I would never order you to hate a game based on my opinion. Give it a try and make your own decision, because some of you might actually like it.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 19, 11 3:11 AM
Sinshack, I'm with you. I could tell by the screenshots who made the game and I'm just going to avoid frustration of any kind and not install the game.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Jul 19, 11 3:28 AM
The only bit of 'puzzlement' I had was to wonder if I had downloaded the wrong game. I thought maybe the greengrocer would turn into a vampire etc.

I managed to stay awake for 33 minutes but then boredom kicked in.

Sorry folks it's a NO buy for me. The story line should 'grab' right from the beginning.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 19, 11 4:00 AM
This is one of the worst hogs ever. I don`t recommend even trying this game.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 19, 11 4:36 AM
OMG! Another HdO game and seems to be an old game too!!! Why BFG? can't you bring something more interesting, there're FAR too many HdO released in these oast few months

Luckily, this game seems to be the best game in the whole series (didn't mean that this is a good game!). Still poor graphics, bad control and poor animations but the story sounds very interesting. Unfortunately, the gameplay itself is very confusing, you don't know what had happen, for me i think i can understand the story better if i read the blurb other than play the game LOL.....definitely a pass for me!

Grades:

Graphics: E
Story: B
Music: E
HOG Scenes: E
Gameplay: F
Overall: E

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 19, 11 4:40 AM
Another Hd0 game. I tried! I really tried!
It is hard enough to figure out how to get your profile in and get the game started. If you make it passed that part you are asked to find routes and monuments on a Paris map. I think just familiarize yourself with Paris. I got through that with a lot of unneeded clicking. I know nothing of Paris
If you have made it this far you are asked to take a subway train to Monte Marte. I think. Anyway, I found the landing I believe I was supposed to be on but never did find a train. Went in circles for a few minutes hoping to find something. Never did.

This has the same controls as all Hd0 games and I have never been able to figure them out. I always try to complete the hour demo just to give a game a fair chance but I can't play the game if I can't run the controls.
Hd0 always gives the illusion that you can pan left or right but actually it's more like moving a photo because if you scroll the picture moves right off the screen.Why?

Anyway. I think that BF should put a disclaimer on Hd0 games in the description. I wouldn't waste my time or download allowance. I have tried to play every Hd0 since I have been a member and still can't figure out how to work them.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 4:55:07 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 19, 11 5:29 AM
Well I tried; I managed to last the full hour & I almost fell asleep. The story has no joy or horror or romance; it is a sort of teen girl’s idea of love in Paris, except that you have to keep taking the most boring trips around subways to find your train. After half a dozen or so journeys going nowhere in particular & doing nothing in particular when I got there I really never wanted to see these trains again.

There are precious few H0s and even fewer mini-games; just endless travelling from one station to another to spend a minute or two looking at scenes of Paris & picking up a few hidden objects, some are lists of items & some are shadow pictures. The scenes are not even really good drawings, these would not want to make me visit this beautiful city, better graphics would have helped.

You start off with a few hints, I really cannot remember how many but you have to find a star in a scene & click on it to gain more.

I finally met ‘the boy’ in the art studio & got to travel with him to a cemetery where his family are interred; the oldest in Paris apparently. It looked more like a concrete jungle that is met at the bottom of an underpass.
The girl draws his picture & he is overwhelmed, presumably because as a vampire who cannot look in a mirror he can’t remember what he looks like by which point I really don’t care for her or him or the game; thus ended my demo.

I have a free game credit from last month but will not be wasting it here.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jul 19, 11 5:35 AM
Oh boy, I must be really dense because after I figured out how to put my name in, that was as far as I got. I could not figure out how to use that map to get to the the subway, or where ever I was supposed to go. This developer really needs to learn how to make a game that you can actually play. I believe in trying a game because I know how hard a developer works making it, but this one didn't even try.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Jul 19, 11 5:38 AM
I bought this game quite a while ago. It was so difficult it became a 'dare' to me. I had to finish it!! It took a long time w/o a walkthrough or any help, but I finally finished it. A long, complex game with much figuring out (gee, a lot like real life!). After it was all said and done, I had a great sense of accomplishment and I did enjoy it, as one does after completing a difficult, challenging task. Say, climbing Mt Everest or something.

[Post New]by lefteyeshut on Jul 19, 11 5:43 AM
Didn't like this game at all. Some items were hard to see and not sure what i was suppose to be doing at times. The graphics are not that great and story line is slow and uninteresting.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jul 19, 11 6:15 AM
It seems fairly obvious that HdO does not pay any sort of attention to player reviews once they release a game. Maybe this is more of a comment, but should the developers even care this is the thread they'll read according to the powers that be at BF. The mechanics of every game they put out is the same and why HdO believes that it's okay for every screen to jiggle a little is beyond me. If HdO wants me to give them a chance they really need to change how they create their games until I see something different I will delete every HdO game that gets released.

Have Fun Y'all

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jul 19, 11 6:26 AM
Maybe, since there are SO many negative reviews and comments for this developer, BFG would be wise to take a pass on all future games from them. Hint.

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jul 19, 11 6:33 AM
if this is so bad ,the next ones have got to be an inprovment
lets hope

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 19, 11 6:41 AM
this game will be a no buy for me. to much time trying to figure out the subway system and getting from point a to point b. finally got to part where you had to move tank. got it all the way to the right and was moving peices abouve it when game ended. subway should have been left out of game. sorry.would have loved getting to the cemetary.

ps: everyone stay cool and hydrated. drink plenty of water and please don't drink alcoholic beverages outside in this high heat we're having. and keep your kids safe. fill tub with cool water and let them play in that. you can always mop up the water. children are precious.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Jul 19, 11 6:42 AM
I have to agree with everyone else HdO games are a confusing mess! come on BF these game arent fun!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jul 19, 11 7:04 AM
yuk, this is a horrible game. I don't think I've ever hated a HOG like this one and I hope I never do again.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Jul 19, 11 7:11 AM
I couldn't figure out how to get out of the train station. Everywhere I clicked, it brought me back around in a circle. I love VHOGs, but this is a terrible game. Sorry.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 19, 11 7:30 AM
praireraven wrote:if this is so bad ,the next ones have got to be an inprovment
lets hope

All HdO games are bad and they never improve so I'm hopeless on these games now!

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jul 19, 11 7:53 AM
Thank you fellow fishies for your great reviews.Nothing to add .Agree HdO
shouldn't be allowed to play in our pond Doof

Go to: