bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Jessica's BowWow Bistro

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 20, 11 1:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Jessica's BowWow Bistro? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jessica's BowWow Bistro

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 20, 11 1:27 AM
The game name sounds crappy but actually the game is very cute, the sequel to Jessica's Cupcake Cafe'. I don't quite like the first one, this one seems to be a little bit better! You bake food for dogs, there're lots of equipments and menus but you can only make one kind of biscuit each level! (More you can make in the later levels). Graphics are cute and lovely but after 5 levels i feel really bored Kids may like it but not me!

Grades:

Graphics: B
Music: B
Story: B
Features: B
Fun: D
Gameplay: C
Overall: C

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 20, 11 2:55 AM
I liked the first game and like this game too, but I liked the first game a little bit more. I don`t care very much for the idea to bake cakes for dogs lol. I wouldn`t buy it for the full price, but if we have the next sale or if it becomes avaiable one day as a Daily Deal.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jul 20, 11 6:35 AM
This style of TM isn't my cup of tea, so it would be unfair of me to review that aspect of the game. I will say I like the dog theme. I'm a dog person so it's cool. The music is a bit annoying, but there is an option to mute the sound. The game does fill my wide screen. (16"). I don't know if it's automatic or not. Some time back I followed the suggestion of another fishie, I don't recall who, and right clicked on my desktop. About 2/3 of the way the down I highlighted Graphics Options and another menu opens up with three choices. I clicked on the top option: Scale Full Screen and sense then more of my games have filled the widescreen. Hope this helps.

Have Fun Y'all

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Jul 20, 11 9:54 AM
I loved it! If you like the first game, you will love this one. I liked the music. I played out the trial in one sitting, and I usually don't do that. I like the recipes that you get when you complete a level. I bet my dogs will, too.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 20, 11 10:05 AM
Very good game, you have to really have your thinking cap on for this one. Remembering what color icing goes on what shape, keeping the burgers and chicken sandwiches made for the owners, etc.

Thank you Big Fish, for something rather than a hog. I do own some hogs like the one with a western theme and the like. But there are those of us who are not fond of the dark and underworld stuff.

I never say anything about the other games, and do not feel it is fair to "review" or constantly say, "Well, this just is not my cup of tea" if it is a genre or type you don't buy and don't like, why run down other genres, I do not understand it. I do not go the hog forums and run them down, like I see so frequently on the TM forums. Don't like it, don't say anything. So, now got that off my chest.

And yes, there will be some who cannot help themselves, but I love you anyway.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jul 20, 11 10:24 AM
Cute game! Colorful too

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Jul 20, 11 11:30 AM
lilTweet7 wrote:Cute game! Colorful too

I think so too. I'm going to buy it.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 20, 11 1:52 PM
I also like the game. Lots of fun!

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Jul 20, 11 3:57 PM
I love TM games, they are usually the only Genre I play and or buy. Am very disappointed with the offerings of TM games just lately, in fact am getting to the point I am thinking of cancelling my membership.
I understand that there has to be more than one genre offered, but just lately it seems that TM games have been very thin on the ground, and the 2 we have had are rather childish and or are of no interest to me.
Sorry BFG you are sadly lacking from my point of view.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jul 20, 11 4:38 PM
I really liked Jessica's Cupcakes so I was happy to see this new game with her. It really is cute...cute graphics, music, noises....except the dogs constantly yipping is a little annoying, but I have found after a while I tuned them out. I do like her dog as your helper...new touch. What I like about it is how organized you have to be and how quickly you can play. This is a buy for me.

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Jul 20, 11 7:09 PM
I liked this game. I also liked Jessica's Cupcake Cafe but found it a bit difficult as I got closer to the end of the game and so wasn't able to finish. In this game it might be a little too easy (certainly much easier than JCC) because even though I think I'm struggling and a couple of people are ready to storm off I still get Gold level. I'm about to start level 21 and have gotten gold on every level so far.

The graphics are nice and while the music is a little repetitive and annoying I soon tuned it out. I really like being able to save the dog treat recipes (there are 64 in total) to my computer,

However I do not like that right before level 21 the conversation between the two ladies has some misinformation in it about what is toxic to dogs. Yes, raisins, grapes, onions and chocolate are toxic but garlic and avocados are not. The leaves of avocados are toxic but not the fruit itself. I have many dog books stating this and also a dog recipe book as well. I'd would rather they say something is toxic when it isn't than say something isn't when it is. I hope they do better research next time and also change the false information if they upgrade it or re-release this game.

Despite the one little quibble I give this game "A Buy".

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 4:32:21 AM PST

[Post New]by gamerforever on Jul 20, 11 7:27 PM
I agree with Peachy. The lack of TM games is getting ridiculous and the last few really haven't been up to standards as of late. What is going on with everything being hidden item games? I'm seriously considering canceling my subscription as well. I can put the $7 in my tank to help with the high cost of fuel instead of giving it away and getting nothing in return. I've been so desperate for TM games I thought about purchasing this one to get my fix but doubt I will. It's a cute game but not sure I want to waste a game credit. Come on BFG. You can do better. Realize there are us fishies who want a variety of games.

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Jul 20, 11 8:59 PM
Loved it and bought it. Cute game. Sure, a little easy, but sometimes I like easy. I don't remember hearing the dogs bark at all. Guess I love dog too!

[Post New]by ItsJust4Fun on Jul 20, 11 9:36 PM
I agree too with those who are tired of not many TM games.... I have been waiting and it seems I spend more time waiting for a game to come then not and I am considering cancelling my membership..... I only play TM games and sometimes the adventure type, but overall, just TM and I have increasinly become disappointed with the lack of TM...... If it doesnt chance soon, I will look elsewhere....

[Post New]by taube22 on Jul 20, 11 9:37 PM
I bought the first one and loved it and this one is very similar, but I don't think I will buy it. One of the things I loved about the first one was being able to 'design' the cupcakes that would be sold that level, and this doesn't seem to be a feature in this game. I like the control and creativity, and figuring out how to make the most expensive cupcakes possible, lol. This sequel has almost exactly the same game mechanic (which I love, and think is a good way for TMs to go) but it's missing that aspect!

I don't mind when devs make basically the same game with a new theme change, assuming it's a good game, but if they make the same game *minus* features the first one had, what's the point? I'll stick with the one I have already. This could still be a great game if you didn't like the design part or don't own the first one, though.

futte369
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by futte369 on Jul 20, 11 11:40 PM
Mybe I am stupid but I cant put some on the frosted bone. I bake the bones and then I cant put some on them why?

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jul 21, 11 6:59 AM
Got this game from another site almost completed. Your dog helping to fill orders with the bonus is a nice added touch. There also is a nice variety of things to cook for your human and doggy customers, but something is lacking. I just couldn't stay interested enough to want to keep playing. So it's play a little, go back in a couple days and play some more...we are really in need of a good TM game. I hope what's been offered lately isn't going to be the norm for TM games. I'm just about ready to give up all my memberships into game companies because I'm tired of just settling for a game to have something to play and buy that really great one a couple times a year from the company that makes it.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jul 21, 11 7:54 AM
This game was released at the same day on another casual gaming website .

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Jul 21, 11 11:46 AM
Fun but far too easy. Got to level 28 in the hours trial, with all levels well above expert score (I don't think I scored less than at least 100 over the expert, sometimes over 300 more).

Not one I'll buy as I believe i'm halfway through in an hour.

Go to: