bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 20, 11 1:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:Post any Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge technical issues here only

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 20, 11 3:11 AM
I have a problem with downloading the game...I have a very fast server, but this game installs so slow, that I wonder why... The first 40 percent were there in a few minutes and now I'm on 50 percent and it doesn't continue...well, it continues, but so slowly that I ask myself when it will be installed...
I already deleted the game and tried again, but I have the same problem !

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jul 20, 11 3:34 AM
Same here Raska.

After over 3 hours now I am only 65% downloaded.

I have paused it while I rebooted my home hub & I have run some internet connection speed tests, the slowness is not due to faults my end.

I also tried it on my daughters PC & that download was just as slow so it is very unlikely to be a PC fault on 2 separate computers.

It is a humungus size file, but even Sims3 downloaded quicker than this

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 20, 11 5:22 AM
True. My sims were installed in no time, hehe...
Paused here too after 55 percent. Then ran again and it went fast but when the game had to validate, the program didn't react anymore... I'm trying for the third time and if it doesn't work properly, I'll try tomorrow...lol...

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 5:25:30 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jul 20, 11 5:48 AM
It is downloaded & installed after over 5 hours !!!!!

I am posting this here in tech & in comments as I hope this will be useful to both bigfish (as there is a problem) and others.

Download took for ever. I eventually clicked that by pausing & unpausing during download got things moving a lot quicker.

For the majority of the time I have been down loading this to 2 different lap tops on & off & there was never a change in d/l speed whether I was d/l to one or two at the time.

When the download had completed, it then went on to validating, for ever & ever. It seems my game manager had stopped working. Exactly the same happened on my daughters PC.

When I restated the game manager, the game then installed. Then offered me direct X & WARNING the bing bar too.

The game does play now so I'm off to demo & I'll report back later, but this installation thing is a real pain, esp as you have to buy it to download it in the first place.

Jojo

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 20, 11 8:51 AM
Same here, but only after 3 times of installation and lots of "pause" "unpause" ... And since I read everything carefully I didn't install that "stupid" bingbar...

Srutko1226
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Srutko1226 on Jul 20, 11 10:25 AM
I tried downloading this game twice this morning. It hung at 48 percent. I did try pausing it but then it only worked once. I'll try again later.

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Jul 20, 11 3:27 PM
I am unable to launch the game. When I try to, I get an Access Violation error.

The first time I downloaded it, I skipped the DirectX installation because I have the latest version already. When I got the error, I uninstalled it and downloaded it again (all almost-1-gig of it). The second time I tried to proceed with the DirectX installation but it failed. Now I'm getting the error again.

I really don't want to download the files a third time - I don't have unlimited data usage on my internet account... Any suggestions?

*edit*
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 3:41:33 PM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jul 20, 11 4:33 PM
This game downloaded and then when it was installing froze up. It continued but then started downloading from the beginning again. I'm downloading it once again. What's the deal with this? I've never had any problems with large file downloads before.

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Jul 20, 11 5:46 PM
The third time (ugh, that's almost 3 gig downloaded this morning ) DirectX installed successfully. I normally run the BFG Client in compatibility mode, so I turned that off before the third attempt. The game launched this time, but when I closed it and tried to re-opened it, I went back to getting access violation errors...

So frustrated!!!

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Jul 20, 11 6:10 PM
... and works again after a re-boot. I guess that will have to do...

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Jul 22, 11 5:11 AM
After several hours downloading this game yesterday, I got to "validating" and then it said "Error Downloading". Now I have to start all over again!

[Post New]by Chenata on Sep 16, 11 5:47 PM
I am having the same issues as others. I have downloaded re downloaded and the direct x always will not install. My connection is on and everything else downloaded easily. But the direct X is not working, and I cannot play the games. Any advice?

[Post New]by agryglewski on Mar 14, 12 7:07 PM
My game is having a glitch error right at the tea ceremony part of the game. I've tried it with three different games and it is still not working. When I put the correct name tags with the correct objects, nothing happens. When I click the question mark and she repeats the names, the name tags are never removed.

[Post New]by Felistorm on Dec 5, 12 12:45 AM
Can't get it to play. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but after taking forever it will finally play sound with no picture and it sounds as though it opened several times even though it was only clicked once. (the sentences she says are repeated several times over and sometimes half layered over each other) There was an error message as well. Something about tried to load from 0.000 something.... We've tried rebooting and everything else. Not sure what to do at this point.

[Post New]by Felistorm on Dec 21, 12 10:18 PM
This is the error message I get "Error Access Violation at 0x00481784 (Tried to read from 0x00000000) Program Terminated" I have received no reply and still can't play the game.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Apr 2, 14 2:10 PM
direct x will not install on my laptop either !! It just keeps failing, something about direct x not being trusted. I didn't realize I needed to install DX to play this game. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and still DX won't finish its installation. Any ideas for me ?

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Apr 2, 14 2:56 PM
directX installation for this game keeps failing. This time I wrote down what I get as a message. " A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographics Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid " Ok, I have no idea what all that means. I just know how to click on play game and that's it. I checked my laptop and I have direct X 11 installed already. Can somebody please help me ? I also got error code ND-12126

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 2:56:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Chanelnumber5 on Oct 7, 14 8:31 AM
One of the security cards in the whatsit 3000 series disappeared after I had played around with the Tetris shapes for a bit. It's not in my backpack, it doesn't reappear when I came back to try again. I figure my odds are not good in getting a reply on a two year old game, and nobody else seems to have this problem.

So I simply want to know if this is a technical error on the game's side, or a stupidity issue on mine.

Thanks,

Chanel

Go to: