schubert2
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Hint to make playing Hidato Adventures Much More Enjoyable

[Post New]by schubert2 on Jul 20, 11 10:17 AM
This is a great logic game. One hint to make the game much more enjoyable: To make picking the next number tile to place easier, completely ignore the tile selection chooser at the bottom of the screen. Instead, simply click on a gold tile on the board. You will now be able to place the next available tile above the gold tile clicked on. If you want the next tile available below the gold tile, simply click on the same gold tile again. So much easier! Don't click on silver tiles (tiles you've placed) or your tile is removed. If this happens it's no big deal, just click on the same area to replace it. Before I discovered this method of picking tiles, the game play was cumbersome. Using this method makes the game elegant in its design. Enjoy!

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Hint to make playing Hidato Adventures Much More Enjoyable

[Post New]by moochorama on Aug 23, 11 3:16 PM
Great tip, thanks! This made gameplay so much better; I was using the tile selector thingy when I demoed the game and thought this would slow me down unneccessarily. Bought it now and am having a lot of fun with it. You can also put little locks on the silver tiles by right clicking on them, so you won't pick them up again accidentally. If you choose to clear the board you also have the option to keep the locked tiles.

Go to: