cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 21 July 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jul 21, 11 12:01 AM
Any comments fishes?

jadanosh
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Todays DD 21 July 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by jadanosh on Jul 21, 11 12:39 AM
I purchased this game a long time ago at full price, and have gone back to it again and again. It's a classic, and one that I still enjoy. It's a bargain at $2.99. Very relaxing music, the graphics are good, and it gets harder little by little so that you don't get overwhelmed. Love it!!! Happy gaming fishies!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 21, 11 1:41 AM
Jadanosh said most of what I would have said. A few more comments:

There are several in this series, and I've replayed all of them - well worth the full price IMO. This is a picross type puzzle game. There's no timer while puzzling, but the "you finished" screen does show the time it took you to do the puzzle.

Gemsweeper is more fun if you like timed games, but that one suffers from not being able to turn the timer off, and also from not being able to redig favorite puzzles - you have to do the puzzles in the order given. In this series, it's easy to go back and do individual puzzles, either for pleasure or to try to beat your time or in my case try to get it done without any mistakes.

[Post New]by beatlefan_59 on Jul 21, 11 5:18 AM
I also purchased this game as one of my first being a Big Fish Member. I have played it over and over. It never gets old. This is an awesome deal, and I encourage everyone that doesn't already own it to do so now. I have this one, 2, and 3. Didn't get 4 because of the reviews. But the first three . . . . . All keepers.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 21, 11 8:02 AM
Nothing to add except that the soundtrak is the best. By the way, no timer.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 21, 11 1:30 PM
I have Gem Sweeper and enjoy playing that so will give this a try too and buy it at the DD price. It's a game you can play when you just want to unwind from all the HOG's. I always think there isn't something new out there and then we have this game.. Try it and I think a lot of you will enjoy..

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Jul 30, 11 11:29 AM
I too was glad to find this game. I used to do them the old fashioned way with pencil on paper. It is a nice change of pace from the time management, the adventures, the HOGs. But since everyone else did a good job of saying the positives, I will just make one little criticism. When I got to the extras, I was a bit disappointed to find myself a beginner again (10 x 10 - and very simple at that). I was hoping that with the extras it might be just that much more challenging. But all and all, it's fun to play and my complaint is a minor one - there were more than enough good puzzles to have an endless amount of fun.

Go to: