TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 21, 11 12:58 AM
Crisp, clear and gorgeous graphics, interesting story but can be confusing (many dialogues). This game concept is somewhat similar to Grim Facade, when you go to another location, the evil will appears and the run away leaves some trouble behind for you to get pass, makes the game more exciting! Too many HOG scenes for me, most of items are easy to find but many are hard to find, HOG scene after HOG scene While HOG scenes in this game make the game a bit boring, puzzles in this game are great, super fun and interesting. I will buy it when the SV comes out, but not for CE!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: B
Music: A
Puzzles: A*
HOG Scenes: C
Fun: B
Gameplay: B
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Note: Just add an update that i've already purchased the game cuz i have nothing to play - hope it worth the price!

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 3:07:30 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 21, 11 1:33 AM
Hi TeamSD,

thanks for opening the thread, I've just gone ahead and stickied it

Fishies,

What do you think of Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood Mystery Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 7:43:37 AM PST

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 21, 11 2:19 AM
I played for 40 min. There where a lot of HOG. Puzzles are very easy, to easy! Hint and skip buttons recharges very quick.

The game did't not grab me. I found it a bit boring. No buy for me this time.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 21, 11 2:49 AM
Re eviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit
by Poutoule on Jul 21, 11 1:38 AM
Clear graphics.
No voices, music OK.
You interact to find H0, but it's so easy you get frustrated. H0 easy to find.
Story so so.
SG included.
Found one mini game which my granddaughter would have solved.
Boring.
No buy, not even as a DD.

Had posted that in the other "Review" thread, but a fishie told me it might get closed...

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 2:49:44 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 21, 11 2:58 AM
TeamSD, could you please rename your thread to match the title of the game? It's not Brotherhood Mystery, it's Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake.

That's why I started the other Review thread, because they usually don't sticky a thread that doesn't have the correct game title. It's too confusing for those who are looking for the game.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 2:59:30 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 21, 11 3:07 AM
sinshack wrote:TeamSD, could you please rename your thread to match the title of the game? It's not Brotherhood Mystery, it's Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake.

That's why I started the other Review thread, because they usually don't sticky a thread that doesn't have the correct game title. It's too confusing for those who are looking for the game.

Oh! thanks sinshack, my mistake

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Ed

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 21, 11 3:12 AM
(originaly posted in the other Review thread)

Just a few notes to get started:

1) The subtitle is "Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake" so you just might expect to find a few snakes in it! In fact, there are a couple on the "loading" screen.

2) It's a Hidden Object game, so you just might find Hidden Object screens. Just sayin'.

I'm not too sure about this game just yet. I might have missed something, but I can't find a control to make it wide screen. I get huge black bars on the right and left edges. No voice-overs, and the music - which they encourage you to leave on - got annoying quickly, and I keep it turned very low.

There is a Strategy Guide (look for the "Guide" in the lower right corner) that is accessible during the demo period, but it only shows one chapter so you can't tell how long the game is.

I also expect to be reading a lot of complaints about police procedure - or lack thereof. (highlight for slight spoiler) When you, as the Paranormal investigator, arrive on the scene and drive INTO the area cordoned off by the yellow police tape, it was bad enough. When the police officer makes the comment that the coroner will be arriving soon so there's no reason to maintain the crime scene, I almost screamed. Then a key witness was allowed to leave because she didn't feel like talking yet!!
So far, I'm just not getting that CE feeling. It's a good game, it might even be a very good game, but I can't see paying double for it.

ETA: I completed the sample trial, and I'm still not impressed enough to buy it right away. I'm going to wait to see how long the game is and how long the bonus chapter is, because it seems like a very short game from the sample. I could be wrong - please let me know if I am!

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 3:16:15 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Ed

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 21, 11 3:26 AM
I will wait for the SE on this one. I played the demo in 51 minutes; and I take my time just looking at everything in each scene, as well as doing the actual tasks required. The Strategy Guide does not let you see how many chapters are in the entire game; and that always makes me a bit leery of the length of the game. The graphics are clear, the music is fine, the hint recharges very quickly, and the mini-games were not too difficult. (The mini-games do have a "skip" button.) There is a map, but you cannot travel to the various locations by clicking on them in the map. For those who find retracing pathways to locations tiresome, this will not be a good choice for you. The Hidden Object scenes are not overly cluttered, and you do have to actually think your way through some of the situations. As you go through scenes, hidden object or otherwise, you will have some items added to your inventory. When you have collected everything you need for any particular task, they will appear together in a pop-up window in the middle of your screen with a "Combine" button, so you can put them together to use. The storyline is interesting, and the dialogue is short and to-the-point. There is no choice of skill levels. I would give this three out of five stars.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 6:16:02 PM PST

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jul 21, 11 3:49 AM
Nice, clear graphics, and well, that is about all the good. The music was so annoying, I do NOT like snakes and really dumb police. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this game.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 21, 11 4:51 AM
It's colorful, but I like voices. The H/O scenes were so so, the music did not annoy me, but I can't say it added anything in particular either. It looks like a fairly interesting game, but nothing that says "CE," so I think I'll wait for the SE to come out.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 21, 11 5:02 AM
Wow! I must be the minority here. I really liked the demo!
I started off with problems and I do have some complaints. I couldn't use the custom cursor. It floated and there was a horrible lag. I did use regular cursor and the game was playable. With that you really have to pay attention to what you are doing.
The story was great in my opinion. I love to solve murders.
The graphics were clear and the soundtrack worked well with the game. I do wish it would have had voice overs.
The hidden object scenes were well done, frequent and make you look harder than some for items. They included one interactive item per scene that was far to easy to get.
The mini games were fun if a bit on the easier side.
I didn't check the guide to find how far I had made it during the demo so have no idea on length.
I guess to sum it up; I really liked the story line but the actual game play could have been more difficult. I would have liked to see more investigation and fewer HOGs.

Since good hidden object adventure games have been scarce I was excited to see this one. Unfortunately because all that are coming out lately are CE's I can't justify buying this one right now. I will have to wait for SE. I have a large list of games I am waiting for SE's of.

From what I played in the demo I would give this a 4 out of 5.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Jul 21, 11 6:03 AM
Have started playing the demo but not enjoying this game.Pauses between change of location very few puzzles and lots of over cluttered HOG scenes with items too difficult to find.Dont think this is worth the price of a CE edtion but could be considered at SE price.Also reading some of the other comments does not seem a very long game either
Will have to give this game a miss.Perhaps we will get another better CE game on Sunday as they appear to be coming at 2 a week recently.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 21, 11 6:21 AM
So it seems another game that should not have been a CE. This is getting ridiculous.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Jul 21, 11 6:31 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I played for 40 min. There where a lot of HOG. Puzzles are very easy, to easy! Hint and skip buttons recharges very quick.

The game did't not grab me. I found it a bit boring. No buy for me this time.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Jul 21, 11 6:32 AM
This game is confusing and did not interest me. A NO BUY for me!

It went from very simple (Hidden Objects) to extremely confusing (all the dialogue). Ceased being interesting and fun after the 1st 5 minutes.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's E

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 21, 11 7:35 AM
sinshack wrote:

I'm not too sure about this game just yet. I might have missed something, but I can't find a control to make it wide screen. I get huge black bars on the right and left edges.

Hi sinshack:

I'm not sure if you figured this out yet but usually when this happens to me which this game filled the screen just fine for me. Anyway when I've experienced this for games as my normal setting (resolution) for my computer is 1600x900 and usually have to change it to 1280x1024 by doing a "right click" on my computer going into the graphic properties. Mine is a 20 inch monitor screen so you may have to adjust yours to a different setting. This is what has worked for me.

I hope this helps.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's E

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 21, 11 7:57 AM
Now for a review which is only for the trial of the game.

While I found this a little confusing at first but got the hang of it pretty quick. I really liked it. The graphics I found to be pretty good except for a couple of HOG scenes. Interesting story.

I didn't have any problems with the game filling my monitor as I mentioned earlier but I did have to adjust the brightness on my computer as a couple of scenes for HOGS was dark. This also had quite a few HOG scenes. The hint which threw me off a bit as I'm use to it being on the right side of my screen. This is on the left and a candle that charges up pretty quick. I only had to use it a couple of times. I also didn't notice any penalty for miss clicking as I did click around on the screen just to see what would happen.

.I'm also not really a puzzle type person but what I've played of this so far pretty simple.

One thing that made me LOL was when you start the game it recommends to play with the sound on but yet there are no voices in this game. I do wish there would of been voices in the game. If you want to follow the story you have to read the dialog.

I wouldn't consider this one of my best game plays ever but I liked it overall and if you're looking for a game more on the relaxing side.

Now just trying to decide if I want to go ahead and purchase or wait for the SE. If I go ahead and purchase will fill up a punch card.

ETA: Well since there is a little over a week left of the month I think I will wait to see what other games will be released and this will decide on whether or not to purchase or wait for the SE as I do like this well enough to buy it so I can finish filling up my punch card.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 8:06:41 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jul 21, 11 7:58 AM
Just finished the trial though it wasn't finished.....just the hour. I agree with others who said there were too many **** scenes, as there are. Haven't incountered too many snakes yet but they don't really bother me anyway.

I can't see this being a CE. The storyline is good, as is the graphics and music, but some voice over would have given this game a much better appeal.

I also agree with another reviewer who commented that a lot of the CE's have become slightly inflated SE's, and not worth the price of a collector's edition. Too bad as I think this could have been a really outstanding game, given the proper attention.

Again, it's a no buy for me.

Linny394
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Linny394 on Jul 21, 11 8:26 AM
Overall I think this is a decent enough game. Certainly not what I would think of when I hear "Collector's Edition" but good all the same. The graphics were excellent, and the hog scenes were neither too simple or too difficult (meaning I had to use the hint once or twice to find something well-hidden). Although I've only played the demo so far I can tell that it is definitely not going to be very long (since the demo only took 30 minutes). However I still think I'm going to purchase it since the story is intriguing enough to make me want to keep playing.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jul 21, 11 9:43 AM
The Snake in the title kinda threw me off. But what the heck I'll play the demo. I just might like it. Then I had a bad feeling for the game on loading it. I thought not another voodoo, potion, stick pins in the doll kind of game! Got a way into the demo and had to quit, it was so boring. So I guess its a no buy for me. But some of you might enjoy it.

Go to: