bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 21, 11 1:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here on

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jul 21, 11 3:10 AM
Once again, I have a CE or regular game that doesn't even open for me. I'm running IE 9, win 7 and have all capabilities on this gamer specific Asus computer, yet in the last couple of months, there've been numerous games that react the same way, or I encounter access error violations. I've worked with BF helpdesk so much, we're personal friends, and despite their best efforts, the problems have never been resolved.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here on

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 21, 11 3:17 AM
Hi there LadyBlue,
I too have an ASUS laptop (which I love), but have noticed that if I have my web browser open, some games flash in the GM and they don't appear to be running. Have you tried running the games after shutting down the internet?
Cheers

megagray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by megagray on Jul 21, 11 4:23 AM
I seem to have the same problem - Windows 7 and the game downloads and installs but when I click "play" the screen flashes and no game appears - if I try clicking "play" again - a message comes up saying the game is running and to close the running game before trying play again.
I have uninstalled and re-installed twice - still not working!

[Post New]by tata1120 on Jul 21, 11 5:55 AM
Just bought this game and I'm not happy. After the first two **** are done and I'm looking to get rid of the crows as I go to the left or right of the screen with the policeman the game closes. What's that about. Please help. Thank you.

[Post New]by jilliepepper on Jul 21, 11 6:36 AM
Hi I got that problem i went to the right side of policeman it close down, I started again i went to the left side of him and it close down again,

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 21, 11 7:08 AM
I had no problem at all going to the right or left of the cop. Did this happen while you were playing in trial or or after you purchased. I would be pretty upset if this happens after I purchase game. I also didn't have to change screen resolution. As an after thought have you also gone into internet options and deleted your temp. files, history, cookies, etc. this might help.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jul 21, 11 7:42 AM
I have a different Problem..... I tried to go up a 'street and the game ended, very fast just the game manager was left. I tried again... went a different way.. guess what?? Same thing happened.
While I'm here, the game welcomed me back...I'm sure I've never been there before.
Annie

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Jul 21, 11 7:43 AM
My problem is that the cursor doesn't move right. There is a delay of a second or so from when I move my mouse to when the cursor moves, and it seems to veer wildly around. I was completely unable to play the first game (with the cells/microbes). Anyone else having that issue?

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here o

[Post New]by momshere on Jul 21, 11 8:24 AM
vkacademy wrote:My problem is that the cursor doesn't move right. There is a delay of a second or so from when I move my mouse to when the cursor moves, and it seems to veer wildly around. I was completely unable to play the first game (with the cells/microbes). Anyone else having that issue?

Me too! At first my mouse was working fine, but as soon as I started that first game with the PCI thing, the mouse just veers wildly all over the screen and after that, the mouse continues to do the same thing on any selection screen. I like to have never QUIT the game because there were no keyboard options and the mouse just danced all over. I couldn't even get to the options screen to see if there was a way to turn off the game mouse.

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here

[Post New]by momshere on Jul 21, 11 8:45 AM
momshere wrote:
vkacademy wrote:My problem is that the cursor doesn't move right. There is a delay of a second or so from when I move my mouse to when the cursor moves, and it seems to veer wildly around. I was completely unable to play the first game (with the cells/microbes). Anyone else having that issue?

Me too! At first my mouse was working fine, but as soon as I started that first game with the PCI thing, the mouse just veers wildly all over the screen and after that, the mouse continues to do the same thing on any selection screen. I like to have never QUIT the game because there were no keyboard options and the mouse just danced all over. I couldn't even get to the options screen to see if there was a way to turn off the game mouse.

OK yeah, went back in and disabled the custom cursor at the opening screen under settings. The mouse was better after that. Have not played a "microbes" game again yet, so the solution is probably inconclusive.

[Post New]by pammied on Jul 21, 11 11:01 AM
I'm having the same problem, but I couldn't switch to the regular cursor. My cursor was running all over the screen. I tried going out of the game then back in, same problem.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 21, 11 11:40 AM
well, I see a "Full screen" checkmark under Settings, but it's really NOT even near full screen. In other words: HUGE black borders all around. Yes, all 4 sides.

The "full screen" changes to window mode when the box is unchecked. The window size is about the same as the game area I see in "Full screen" mode - just a BIT bigger than the GM.

Win XP, NVIDIA grafix card, widescreen monitor, no idea which resolution and certainly not in the mood to fiddle around with resolution settings.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 21, 11 12:40 PM
Received a sytem error alert when I finished the first HOG scene and tried to exit right to next scene. Then screen went black but music was still playing. Had to back out and close the game manually. '
Usually when I have this kind of problem, I don't contact BFG about it unless the game has hooked me. I wasn't that impressed with what I saw in the first 10 minutes before problems occurred so I just deleted it.

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Jul 21, 11 1:08 PM
I start the game......go to exit that scene via left side of screen an game starts over again....and same thing happens with right side of screen....has taken all of my demo jus re-playin first scene and going out of game an coming back in and re-playing first scene......what is going on?????? lately these new games have all had a technical problem!!!!!!

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jul 21, 11 1:17 PM
very funny ladyblue0321. you have a great sense of humor and sounds like patience. I haven't played this game and may not from the reviews i've been reading. maybe they'll get things straightened out soon.

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here o

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Jul 21, 11 2:14 PM
jilliepepper wrote:Hi I got that problem i went to the right side of policeman it close down, I started again i went to the left side of him and it close down again,

I have got the same problem.I have recently come back to BFG after getting tired of ALL there tech problems and i was hoping that it wasn't still plagued with tech problems...but unfortunately , nothing seems to have changed..Dissappointing BF

[Post New]by bullhooker on Jul 21, 11 2:31 PM
I got the four stars and when I attempted to approach the cathedral fence the screen crashed. Anyone got a clue what i should do now.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 21, 11 3:38 PM
Blue screen horrors
this game throws men not just into freezing..which Golden Trails does over and over again, but this one stops my computer into the evil blue screen and even to the black one where it asks me if I want to go into safe mode. For pete's sake!
I'm running Nvidia, it's up to date, Xp with plenty of ram..this is not just obnoxious, but scarey!
spent an hour with a patient BF emploee who told me to first download a beta nvidia..well, it doesn't run with XP..then to go in to safe mode and find an earlier nvidia that will run these games.
I upgraded nvidia in the spring because the old version wasn't up to par.........
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
kris

[Post New]by abbotsford on Jul 21, 11 3:54 PM
The cursor does not work on this game. Seems a lot of people have the same problem. Does anyone check these games before posting them?

Go to: