sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 21, 11 1:23 AM
Just a few notes to get started:

1) The subtitle is "Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake" so you just might expect to find a few snakes in it! In fact, there are a couple of the "loading" screen.

2) It's a Hidden Object game, so you just might find Hidden Object screens. Just sayin'.

I'm not too sure about this game just yet. I might have missed something, but I can't find a control to make it wide screen. I get huge black bars on the right and left edges. No voice-overs, and the music - which they encourage you to leave on - got annoying quickly, and I keep it turned very low.

There is a Strategy Guide (look for the "Guide" in the lower right corner) that is accessible during the demo period, but it only shows one chapter so you can't tell how long the game is.

I also expect to be reading a lot of complaints about police procedure - or lack thereof. (highlight for slight spoiler) When you, as the Paranormal investigator, arrive on the scene and drive INTO the area cordoned off by the yellow police tape, it was bad enough. When the police officer makes the comment that the coroner will be arriving soon so there's no reason to maintain the crime scene, I almost screamed. Then a key witness was allowed to leave because she didn't feel like talking yet!!

So far, I'm just not getting that CE feeling. It's a good game, it might even be a very good game, but I can't see paying double for it.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 21, 11 1:38 AM
Clear graphics.
No voices, music OK.
You interact to find H0, but it's so easy you get frustrated. H0 easy to find.
Story so so.
SG included.
Found one mini game which my granddaughter would have solved.
Boring.
No buy, not even as a DD.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jul 21, 11 2:00 AM
sinshack wrote:Just a few notes to get started:

1) The subtitle is "Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake" so you just might expect to find a few snakes in it! In fact, there are a couple of the "loading" screen.

2) It's a Hidden Object game, so you just might find Hidden Object screens. Just sayin'.

I'm not too sure about this game just yet. I might have missed something, but I can't find a control to make it wide screen. I get huge black bars on the right and left edges. No voice-overs, and the music - which they encourage you to leave on - got annoying quickly, and I keep it turned very low.

There is a Strategy Guide (look for the "Guide" in the lower right corner) that is accessible during the demo period, but it only shows one chapter so you can't tell how long the game is.

I also expect to be reading a lot of complaints about police procedure - or lack thereof. (highlight for slight spoiler) When you, as the Paranormal investigator, arrive on the scene and drive INTO the area cordoned off by the yellow police tape, it was bad enough. When the police officer makes the comment that the coroner will be arriving soon so there's no reason to maintain the crime scene, I almost screamed. Then a key witness was allowed to leave because she didn't feel like talking yet!!

So far, I'm just not getting that CE feeling. It's a good game, it might even be a very good game, but I can't see paying double for it.

Perhaps the NOPD are a little more "laid back" and don't mind a contaminated crime scene.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 21, 11 2:11 AM
Sinshack, poutoule and Rose, you may want to copy your reviews over to the stickied thread, as this will have the big lock on ot soon.
Nice reviews, I am holding off on this game for a while, too easy and possibly too short.

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Jul 21, 11 6:44 AM
I am not sure where to post this comment. I can't seem to locate the other pipe to the organ. I am still searching, and I know it has to be here somewhere. Does anyone have a clue where to find it?

Wanda

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 21, 11 1:27 PM
Hey fishies!

It looks like the reviews thread was accidentally created twice. We'd like to keep all of the reviews together in one place, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up.

But your reviews are important to us too, so please feel free to re-post them HERE if you haven't already.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Go to: