TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Finished it!

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 21, 11 4:05 AM
As i said in the reviews thread before that this game is not great and i fonna buy it when the SV comes out but not CE. But because this is a very good game (not great) plus i have nothing to play so i decided to purchase it!

Pretty disappointing, great crisp and clear graphics, love the puzzles but too many HOG scenes and the game also pretty easy! The bonus chapter even worse There're only two new locations and two new HOG scenes other than that same locations and same HOG scenes (replay it again???). Puzzles in the bonus chapter are also repetitive The game is pretty SHORT too, i can finish the main game within about 2 and a half hour (or a little bit more) and the bonus chapter only last 30-40 mins..........It may worth the SV price but not $14.....

For the bonus features there're lots of wallpapers, soundtracks (more than other CE). There's strategy guide as usual and also about 10-15 replayable mini games!

PS. This is why i hate my impatient behavior, i can't ever wait for the SV to come out LOL

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 4:07:05 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Finished it!

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 21, 11 4:10 AM
Well done for finishing. I have not made my mind up yet. LOL!
Can I just point out that it is an SE and not an SV? Hope you do not mind.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 21, 11 4:13 AM
peglegann wrote:Well done for finishing. I have not made my mind up yet. LOL!

I saw many people called it SE and many people called it SV so i don't know which is right cuz Standard Version and Standard Edition are pretty the same But SE sounds to be more relevant to CE!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 21, 11 4:39 AM
Thanks for the information, thats very important for many fishies. I think I will pass on this game, because it is much too short for a CE

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 21, 11 4:42 AM
That is very quick!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 21, 11 5:25 AM
TeamSD wrote:
peglegann wrote:Well done for finishing. I have not made my mind up yet. LOL!

I saw many people called it SE and many people called it SV so i don't know which is right cuz Standard Version and Standard Edition are pretty the same But SE sounds to be more relevant to CE!

You are quite right, I did not think about the word "version" Please forgive me?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 21, 11 7:48 AM
Totally agree with everything you say, TeamSD. Not long enough to warrant the extra money but like you I bought it out of desperation for something to play.

I'm still hoping for Royal Envoy 2 to come out soon. The first one was a CE worth paying the extra for.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 21, 11 8:26 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Totally agree with everything you say, TeamSD. Not long enough to warrant the extra money but like you I bought it out of desperation for something to play.

I'm still hoping for Royal Envoy 2 to come out soon. The first one was a CE worth paying the extra for.

I could not agree with you more!!!!

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 21, 11 9:37 AM
This was a good game but to be frank not total good value as a CE. The game was completed quite quickly although I have often found that the CE editions could and should give more than they generally do.

This is a good game for HOG fans and whilst the theme is dark it is not too gruesome for those who do not like them

All in all not bad

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 21, 11 11:07 AM
seems to me the title is longer than the game itself

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 21, 11 11:42 AM
ROFL, bella!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jul 21, 11 11:49 AM
Bella, too funny!!!!!!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 21, 11 11:52 AM
my biggest peeve with ce,s lately is short main game and short bonus, i expect at least 5 or 6 hours total play for a ce, this short trend started with book of air, and is now the same for many ce,s. i used to be the biggest purchaser of ce,s till i just felt ripped off over and over by the length they are trending to

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 21, 11 1:14 PM
Hey fishies!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this game with us

I just wanted to let you know that we have an official 'Reviews' thread stickied at the top this game's forum page, and we ask that you post any reviews for this game in that thread only.

If you were just looking to chat with other fishies about this game, please feel free to visit the 'Comments' thread.

To keep things tidy in here, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to re-post your thought in one of the above threads.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: