lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

game crashes

[Post New]by lindimae on Jul 22, 11 8:36 AM
Hi Is anyone having problems with the game I play for a while then the game goes blank and when I restart, its from where I started half an hour ago, it's so annoying as just getting interested and bingo nothing.Seem to be constantly going over the same thing twice and sometimes things in the inventory have mysteriously disapeared!!!!!!!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

Re:game crashes

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 22, 11 9:02 AM
I didn't have any kind of problems when I was playing the demo.

Try reading this FAQ:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

[Post New]by superglo on Jul 22, 11 8:45 PM
I am having the same issue. I have reloded the game etc...and it still crashes. I need help.

melody222
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by melody222 on Jul 23, 11 10:18 AM
Hello yes I am having the exact same problem, and for all the almost 7 years I have been playing Big Fish games, this is the very first time a game has consistently crashed on my over and over again everytime I open it to play. THE DEMO DID NOT DO THAT AND THATS WHY I BOUGHT THE GAME. I cannot risk the stability of my computer by playing this game anymore. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled the game many many times, and it continues on crashing.

I am asking for a refund and get something else. I love big fish but this game which I would love to finish will not work for me.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

My game is crashing frequently also

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 23, 11 12:05 PM
Apparently there are "save points" so when the game crashes it starts at your last save point. Only have played for about an hour and had 2 crashes. Lets see a fix for this soon please! [b]

[Post New]by dolphin376 on Jul 23, 11 12:07 PM
Yes it keeps happening to me???? WTH

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jul 23, 11 7:02 PM
I am apparently fated to never see the end of the epilogue.

The game itself only quit on me once. The epilogue has now quit on me no fewer than 4 times. And the save point for the epilogue is the beginning. So you have to play the whole dratted thing over, every time it quits.

it quit in 4 different locations, so I can't say it's related to any one thing in the game.

I am now very irritated, and rather than throw the laptop across the room, I am off to read a good book. I do feel ripped off, though. Did anybody beta-test this game before release?

[Post New]by Colin1974 on Aug 2, 11 11:09 AM
Exactly the same thing happening to me. Game randomly cuts out and returns to game manager. Keep saving the game by quitting every time I have completed a task but this is not foolproof and is time-consuming. First BF game that has done this to me, but it iss annoying - especially considering that the game cost over £10 for collector's edition.

[Post New]by ddames on Aug 2, 11 7:46 PM
Same here. The game keeps crashing, I even uninstalled and re-installed both Abobe Flashplayer and Shockwave and re-installed my video driver and still the same thing. BFG customer service is top notch, so I beleive after they read these comments that they will do all they can to fix the problem or refund us. I guess I'll try and play another gamein the meantime.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 3, 11 3:19 PM
Hi fishies!

The best way to get help with any technical issues is to contact our Customer Support team directly.

You can do so by first clicking on the green to the right, and then on the 'Contact Us' link, which you'll find on the bottom-left of the following page. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat from your My Game Club. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

In the meantime, here's a link to one of our Help pages that addresses these types of issues.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Also, since we already have a thread in this Game Forum dedicated to technical issues, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up, but please feel free to re-post your issue HERE.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Go to: