bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 23, 11 12:15 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 7:18:45 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Review for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 23, 11 12:21 AM
Wow! A good SE for a change. Have quite a few free games and this one looks worth the effort. The graphics are very clear and sharp. Probably will be more HOGS than usual, but it does look like it will be challenging as well. There is voice, surprisingly, since we don't get voice on the CE's. Go figure. Will definitely use my free game coupon on this one. Looks fairly good. Grade: A

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jul 23, 11 12:33 AM
I agree! Crisp graphics, not too shabby HOGs, mini-games are fairly easy and I like the avaliability of the voice. It'll be a buy for me!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 23, 11 12:39 AM
I love adventure games. And the first one " Millenium Secrets: Emerald Curse", is a great game also. Be sure to check it out. I think this sequel looks great. But it is a adventure game and not a hog. It does have hog scenes. The graphics are good and I love voice overs and this one is good. This is definetly a game worth owning and I'm adding it to my library. For sure check this game out, even if your not an adventure game fan. This one is alot easier than some. Great game, Thanks BF!

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 23, 11 1:08 AM
I like the first one and I like this one. Puzzles are good. I played for 30 min. and only one HOG sofar. It's a buy for me.

Thanks BF!

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 23, 11 1:11 AM
Seems like many people like this game but not me, i deleted it after about 20-30 minutes of gameplay! Graphics are great actually, good story but the navigation and the zoom in/out bit makes me feel dizzy! The gameplay is also not that good, no buy for me maybe as DD!

PS. I love the look of characters and the voice overs!

Grades:

Graphics: B
Music: B
Story: A
HOG Scenes: B
Puzzles: B
Fun: D
Gameplay: C
Overall: C

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 1:15:15 AM PST

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jul 23, 11 1:33 AM
A buy here as well, 8 maps and I only just started map 2 after an hour

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 23, 11 1:52 AM
This one looks to be a winner.
I love HOGS but this one grabbed me
I still have 25 minutes left on trial and am digging for my punch card code already
I guess many of us have worked with someone that had us do the dirty work while they took the glory LOL.
It looks like empathy can be a good sales tool for a game

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 1:55:02 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 23, 11 1:59 AM
Yippee an adventure game that comes with an Advanced setting . I was enjoying myself so much that I forgot to make any notes apart from the fact that I wasn't too keen on the noise when picking up objects when I first heard it but it did stop bothering me as I concentrated more on what I was doing.

The voice acting is very good and really adds to the game and the custom cursor is behaving beautifully. There was one other option that I didn't try and it was called "Location Labels", I think selecting this might be very useful for those who don't like wearing too many sneakers out .

I know this is more of a comment post than a review one but that thread isn't available yet so apologies for it being here as I am too impatient to wait as I have a game to buy and playing to do .

Happy gaming adventure players.

Cherb

ETA ...

Came up for air and to eat ... one thing I forgot to mention was that I do like the stationary exit arrows because they stop you exiting the scene before you are ready to unlike some of the other games where I have tried to click on an object about 2 - 3" from the bottom of the screen and suddenly found I am in the previous scene. Thanks devs.

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 6:57:23 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 23, 11 2:00 AM
I agree with you team sd: Beautiful to look at but I tired of it really quickly.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Jul 23, 11 2:08 AM
It was a buy for me. I like the graphics and the voice overs. The gameplay is easy enough and the story line is good. Everything is quite clear. Interesting game.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 23, 11 2:16 AM
dogma45 wrote:It was a buy for me. I like the graphics and the voice overs. The gameplay is easy enough and the story line is good. Everything is quite clear. Interesting game.
Did you play the first one. That is also very good!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 23, 11 3:03 AM
For those of you who hate walking around check out the map. There is a map that will move you to the areas that need completed or back to where you want. I have never had a map that moves you to an area you have not been in yet.

I also like the first game and even with the ease it is still a long game from the looks of the map.

I give this a 4 out of 5

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 23, 11 3:19 AM
This game had me from the very beginning I was so engrossed in the game that the demo timed out on me before I even thought about checking the clock. The graphics are great and the voiceovers really add to the overall ambiance of the game. I didn't take notes either (too busy playing lol), but there is casual and expert modes (with or without sparkles etc.) choice of custom or system cursor, sfx and a couple I don't remember. Sorry! I had absolutely no Tech prolems either with the game or the d/l. The custom cursor may be a tad big for some but it behaves beautifully. I heartily recommend trying it and it is a definite buy for me. I apologize that this is more comment than review but I am not very good at reviews , I just know what I like or don't like!
Thanks and Devs for this will be a great Saturday for me!
Happy Gaming Fishies

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 23, 11 4:04 AM
I was looking forward to an adventure (with H/O scenes) game and I enjoyed the voices, liked the graphics, and thought the background sounds were appropriate. I quit very early at the camera puzzle. I will see how the reviews go, but if that puzzle is an indication of puzzles to come, I'll pass on this game.

Edit after looking at walkthrough: Apparently there's something amiss with my download, because I was doing the camera picture taking puzzle correctly, but it's not working. I guess I will try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that helps.

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 10:32:57 AM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jul 23, 11 4:13 AM
No thanks. Not widescreen on my computer. Dont like navigation with stationary arrows. Dont like predeterminded items that you see you need but cant use until you find them. I dont remember the last Milennium Secrets being like this. No buy for me today. For those of you who enjoy. Have a nice day.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 23, 11 5:24 AM
FINALLY!!! A game I really like that isn't a CE.
The story and graphics were great as well as the voice overs. It's also nice to play in an environment that is current date. Not 18th century. I like them too. It's just a nice change.
I played in advanced mode and found it just the right level of difficulty. I do think it would be to easy on casual.
Everything about this is very interactive. You have to make sure you scour every room very thoroughly or you miss objects to help you along the way.
I like the the way they listed this as a Hidden Object, Puzzle, Adventure game. That's exactly what it is. There are not to many hidden object scenes but the ones you do play are well done. It has the movement and atmosphere of a good adventure game.
The mini games or puzzles are not to difficult, fun and can be skipped.
I really liked the layout of the journal. You are supplied with a map that lets you know what areas need attention and which are done or still locked. You can click on the area you wish to investigate and automatically go there. There is a task list that I really never had to use and notes that you will need to look back on from time to time.

This game moves along very quickly and keeps your interest in both the storyline and game play.

I would have bought this immediately if there would have been a walk through. I won't buy if I can't check the length against what I have played in the demo.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jul 23, 11 6:31 AM
This looks like a very good game. I have the first Millennium Secrets and I enjoyed that one too. The game play in this one is much like the first one. Good graphics, the music was annoying me so I turned it off, and the voice acting was good and an added plus. I had trouble with the camera mini game, so that is when I quit. It just seemed like it wasn't working right. I will wait for the walk through and see how long the game is, and to see if anyone else had trouble with the camera mini game. Happy gaming to all!!!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 23, 11 6:37 AM
Having played the hour demo this is a definite buy for me; thank you to Jet Dog Studios for an excellent game.

The graphics are clear, bright & very reminiscent of the large file games I play, in fact this is more like an LFA with hidden objects thrown in. The voiceovers are well done & fit the characters, the music is lovely & the few background sounds are enjoyable. The only noises I did not like was the one made when a hidden object is found.

There are no misclick penalties and the hint button recharges in 20 seconds, splendid . My one observation to the developers would be.....can you make the hint a little less helpful in the main scenes. When you click it you are taken straight to where you should be to pick up an object, go through a door, etc. I would prefer something a little more subtle; perhaps a picture of where I need to go next rather than actually taking me there.

There are interactive items within the H0 scenes as well as in the main game screens & so far no magnifying glass or flashlight to find any objects is needed. Some items are hidden in a clever way

The mini games are not too hard; you just have to put a little thought into some of them.

There is a journal containing a map that shows areas with open or completed tasks & any important notes are kept here along with a list of tasks still in progress. Like bratgram says check everything as you never know where you will find something you need.

Brilliant game, I am not waiting for a walkthrough as even if this is a short game it will be well worth $6.99

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 6:38:06 AM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 23, 11 6:45 AM
Love, love, loved this game. The camera puzzle wasn't a problem for me. You just have to focus the lens AND alter the colour. You get a green light when you can take a picture. Did have to skip on a later puzzle though, as I didn't want to waste Demo time struggling, or look for a walkthrough for help. The play in the casual mode may be too easy for some, a lot of hand-holding to say what to do next. Great graphics, lovely and clear. The hidden objects easy to see, but hard to find (as they should be), and you can fast forward the dialogue. Don't you just hate that arrogant Boss lady? I'm off to buy.

Go to: