DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Daily Deal 23rd July 2011: The Fifth Gate

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 23, 11 12:19 AM
Hi there,
Well, this game has a real "fanclub" so to speak (I was going to say cult following but that might be misconstrued) and great reviews on sites other than this one.
I must admit that I trialled this when it first arrived, but just couldn't "get into it". Maybe I just wasn't "in the mood" or an "old fogie", but it wasn't a buy for me.
I am hoping that those of you who have played and liked this game will respond favourably to enable those considering purchasing this as a DD.
Of, course I always recommend that you try before you buy. (And you already have an established forum to check for assistance if you are "stuck".)
Cheers.

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 12:21:20 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Daily Deal 23rd July 2011: The Fifth Gate

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 23, 11 1:06 AM
I love this game, purchased it last year. Truly amazing, one of my all-time fav TM!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 23, 11 1:27 AM
I would describe it as Magic Farm without the dragon pet, but with prettier flowers. I'm glad I own it because there aren't very many of this sort of game - the only other one I'm aware of is Dragon Keepers. My favorite of the 3 is Magic Farm.

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 1:29:22 AM PST

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jul 23, 11 3:43 AM
I also bought this game when it came out and have played it a few times now .good replay game and great value as a D D .

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jul 23, 11 4:01 AM
This game has great graphics and is overall pleasant, but killing the bugs was stressing me... and it didn't quite grab me. I don't have any particular complaints about this game, I just don't see myself playing it for something more than completion's sake.

Roshaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Roshaa on Jul 23, 11 4:08 AM
I really loved this game. It was totally addictive, very pretty, nice story...I couldn't stop playing it. It's indeed a lot like Magic Farm which I also liked very much.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jul 23, 11 4:32 AM

A Must for all TM-lovers!
Do not hesitate for $3,- if you didn't buy it yet.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jul 23, 11 4:46 AM
I remember playing the trial of this game on my old computer and enjoying it but for some reason I didn't buy it. When I bought my laptop I dl'd it again but still didn't buy. Now it's the DD at a great price and I'm racking my brain wondering should I buy since I can't remember why I didn't buy? This will teach me to keep notes I do remember it had beautiful scenery though

Happy Gaming Fellow Fishies

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Daily Deal 23rd July 2011: The Fifth Gate

[Post New]by ajuma on Jul 23, 11 4:54 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Well, this game has a real "fanclub" so to speak (I was going to say cult following but that might be misconstrued) and great reviews on sites other than this one.
I must admit that I trialled this when it first arrived, but just couldn't "get into it". Maybe I just wasn't "in the mood" or an "old fogie", but it wasn't a buy for me.
I am hoping that those of you who have played and liked this game will respond favourably to enable those considering purchasing this as a DD.
Of, course I always recommend that you try before you buy. (And you already have an established forum to check for assistance if you are "stuck".)
Cheers.

I agree!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Magic Farm...I've played both the original and Ultimate Flower countless times but for some reason, I just couldn't get into this game either. I bought it during a sale a couple of years ago because of the great recommendations but I just couldn't seem to "get it".

A lot of people love the game though! Try it...you might like it too!

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jul 23, 11 5:20 AM
Really love this game but never finished it for some reason. Very similar to Magic Farm, so if you liked that game, this one is almost as good with better graphics.

Grow flowers, make potions, appease a wicked witch - what's not to love? Good value as a DD.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jul 23, 11 5:39 AM
When I first saw this game today I was sure that I already owned it. But I own Magic Farm which looks a lot like this one. I really don't need another of that type game but I really enjoyed it.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jul 23, 11 7:09 AM
I bought this game when it was first offered. I really like it. I have played it a few times, then forgot about it until today. Maybe I will haul it out, dust it off and play again. I love TM games, and this one is different, not so dash-like. The graphics are pretty. The bugs are annoying, but I enjoyed zapping them, as I detest bugs in my garden. Worth the DD price. Enjoy

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Jul 23, 11 7:46 AM
Loved this game - but hate all of the bug killing! Advice to the folks with mobility issues, get the power-ups ASAP that helps limit the bug clicking - then it is really a fun game, and beautiful,

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 7:46:57 AM PST

Ourself94
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Ourself94 on Jul 23, 11 8:12 AM
Anyone thinking about buying this game, buy it! 2.99 is a great deal for this. I loved this game. Had lots of fun hours playing this.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jul 23, 11 8:13 AM
I bought this game when it first came out, and I have played it more than once. In the beginning, it is very click heavy--killing bugs, watering plants, harvesting flowers. You need to use strategy to get power-ups that reduce clicking. One strategy I employed was not to give the witch what she wanted, if I still had more days left for expert. That was so I could make more potions and make more money for those power-ups. Yes you have to click a lot, but if that is not a problem, this is a really good game for the price.

Willamaya
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Willamaya on Jul 23, 11 11:05 AM
Absolutely love this game, hated that I finished it but I picked myself up & started all over again. Your three dollars will bring you many great hours of fun.....go for it !!

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jul 23, 11 7:38 PM
Thanks for the reviews, this is definitely not for me. I hate TM games, but there are so many cute ones I get very tempted. But just reading the reviews lets me know it's not for me, sigh. Better for the budget, as I've already bought so many games this month it's sort of a relief when they run something I can't play. But after these reviews, I'm going to have to check out Magic Farm, LOL

Go to: