bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE! July 23, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 23, 11 8:00 AM
We have a new version of Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game updates the following issues:

- Black screen upon load.
- Game manager says that another game is running; when resolved via task manager, the game launches correctly.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and appreciate your patience as we worked on build. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE! July 23, 2011.

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 23, 11 10:19 AM
The new version didn't work for me. I still get this error message:

errno 13 The logfile C:\Program Files\Unsolved Mystery Club - Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition\UMC_AncientAstronautsCE.exe.log could not be opened. Permission denied.

The page then goes to the 'Play Again' page in my games manager.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE! July 23, 2011.

[Post New]by carnick on Jul 23, 11 11:06 AM
Hi, I just downloaded the game again and it still don't want to install the game. The update did not fix the problem. Now I just want to have my 2 game credits back so I can try to download a game without problems,

[Post New]by justme51 on Jul 23, 11 1:54 PM
This did not work for me either. Looks like another game I am going to delete. This is getting tiresome. I have gotten so many games from BF and don't understand what the problem seems to be all of a sudden. This is the 2nd game in 2 weeks that seems to have problems. What gives?

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Jul 23, 11 3:20 PM
What about the issue where the game randomly quits on you in the Antarctic level?

Nizzy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Nizzy1 on Jul 23, 11 6:23 PM
What about the items that don't work and prevent forward progress, such as the weak section of wall that refuses to be destroyed by the bludgeon?

I have even tried to contact Freeze Tag games and instead of the e-mail going to Customer Support, it is sent to me! I used the Customer Support screen for reporting problems, not just a regular e-mail, so it should have gone to the support team. Do you know what gives?

Through BFG, I have purchased several Freeze Tag games and like them, as I do this one, so I don't understand the hardship in getting the problems solved. Do you?

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jul 24, 11 10:45 AM
I got this new version to work by deleting the old frozen tag data folder for this game from the roaming folder. I deleted it before I even tried to start the new version. Some of the puzzles are fixed also. So far I see a couple of changes to the guide.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 24, 11 1:29 PM
Hey fishies!

If you continue having troubles with this game after updating to the newest version, please contact Tech Support so that one of our reps can take a closer look at things and provide you with some one-on-one assistance.

You can contact them 24/7 by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click on the Check for Answers button to bring up some related help articles. If you still can't find the answer that you're looking for, go ahead and click on the Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat from your My Game Club page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

-bfgHondo

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 24, 11 4:45 PM
pecabo1338,
I bow at your feet! I did what you suggested, and the game started for me!! I've been trying for a week doing all the things suggested.
It started me from the beginning, but I don't care, I can play it now. Hopefully it will work all the way through.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Jul 25, 11 11:43 AM
This still does not solve my problem. As with many others, I cannot get the keys in Antartica and the game dumps me completely out of BFG and offline completely.

[Post New]by screamsnpopcorn on Jul 25, 11 10:21 PM
For the fourth (4th) time, I have installed and uninstalled the game "Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts;" Big Fish Game Manager; and YET, nothing works.

I notice that Big Fish Games no longer offers nor advertises "A New Game Daily."

I don't know what changes have occurred at Big Fish, but someone there is asleep at the wheel, and customer support/tech support is slow to respond to issues.

I have been a member of Big Fish Games since 2007 and spent a lot of hard-earned money purchasing games. However, I am now cancelling my membership and will not return.

There are many, many game sites on the Internet that offer less hassles than what I and others have put up with (re: problems with aforementioned game and the "fixes" by Big Fish that were not infact fixed at all; and said sites have better customer service/tech support.

This is the end of the trail for me. I would recommend for a successful future that Big Fish Games go back to the previous operational protocols that offered outstanding and excellent service. "New" does not always mean "improved."

Best wishes, fishes.

[Post New]by ohpeachyone35 on Jul 27, 11 1:17 PM
Umm, yeah, No~ still does not work.. Anyone know of any websites that offer games like these and will maintain their website.. I'm fed up.. I have been a memebr since 2007~ I'm so over this!

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Aug 18, 11 5:00 AM
I installed the update of this game and it has not solved the problem. Game won't open, there is a black flash and then nothing. When you click to open again it says there is a game currently running with an error code.

[Post New]by duaneb69 on Aug 30, 11 2:44 PM
I have downloaded and actually got the game started... was a little tired so I saved the game and went out the correct way, but the game decided I didn't need to play anymore and now when I try to play, it appears to load.. flashes black, flashes the game manager screen... flashes black again, and then pops into the end game scene with you own this game play as much as you like... what a laff... The game is supposed to be fixed... if nuetered is fixed that may be true... because it certainly isn't working like it is intended. What should I do... I have downloaded, erased, clean download... it just doesn't work correctly... it seems to be a fairly nice game... no troubles other than it won't run....

[Post New]by huskytwo on Sep 21, 11 1:19 PM
Okay you solved one problem, now can you please fix the problem with the astronauts in the tubes. When I click on the third one, the game stops and goes to game manager. I'd really like to finish this game.

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE! July 23, 201

[Post New]by TheGRIP on Oct 8, 11 1:50 PM
I agree and I have the same problem as Huskytwo .I go to the tubes and im thrown out of the game . It is a good game I would like to finsih it .Whats the odds of you fixing this in my life time?

Edited on 10/08/2011 at 1:53:26 PM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 10, 13 12:20 PM
Does this mean that when I download the game from my purchase history again, it will work and that I get passed the Bludgeon bit, it's a pain, I'm totally cheesed off with it, I hope I get a reply asap, j62janet

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 10, 13 1:04 PM
j62janet wrote:Does this mean that when I download the game from my purchase history again, it will work and that I get passed the Bludgeon bit, it's a pain, I'm totally cheesed off with it, I hope I get a reply asap, j62janet
No. The bug is a microsoft Windows Update.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 11, 13 4:02 AM
I've reinstalled the game from my purchase history, it doesn't work, I've looked in the forums to find a link to solve this, but when I go to 'I still need to contact Customer service' it tells me to go to 'technical issues' again.
The problem we are all having, is it in the other version, as I've got the collectors edition, so if it plays in the other one, I may try that, also why can't the people who made this game, re do it, and release the new one, this has been going on long enough, and it's not on, progress please, and fast, I'm pretty sure other members feel the same as me, j62janet

Where do we get the updated version

Edited on 08/11/2013 at 4:03:29 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 20, 13 3:37 AM
I've checked my Windows Updates, and I don't have that update, yet the game still won't work, so what's going on, it's gone very silent on this problem, j62janet

Go to: