bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 23, 11 8:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 8:01:48 AM PST

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 23, 11 10:22 AM
Oops! I should have posted here, not in the new build thread.

The new version didn't work for me. I still get this error message:

errno 13 The logfile C:\Program Files\Unsolved Mystery Club - Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition\UMC_AncientAstronautsCE.exe.log could not be opened. Permission denied.

The page then goes to the 'Play Again' page in my games manager.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by carnick on Jul 23, 11 11:28 AM
Hi, I bought this game yesterday using 2 game credits and all I got was (Installation failed) and I lost my shortcut to my bigfish games and my 2 game credits. I reported it to the help center and I am waiting for a reply. But I saw a update today and downloaded the game again from my purchase list, since it is in my list and I got the same message and lost my shortcut to bigfish again, but I had the shortcut on my usb key this time. So I guess the update does't work for me.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jul 23, 11 3:10 PM
HI,

A few of us had asked in the original thread about the Antartica issue. We were being kicked out of the game when we tried to click on the tanks to get the keys.

It did not seem to be an isolated issue and the new version does not appear to address a reason or fix.

Has anyone found a way to avoid being sent to the game mananger and out of the game in this chapter?

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Jul 23, 11 4:55 PM
Boomer47 wrote:HI,

A few of us had asked in the original thread about the Antartica issue. We were being kicked out of the game when we tried to click on the tanks to get the keys.

It did not seem to be an isolated issue and the new version does not appear to address a reason or fix.

Has anyone found a way to avoid being sent to the game mananger and out of the game in this chapter?

+1

Edit: After downloading and running the new version, the game still quits without warning in the Antarctic chapter, so the new version does NOT fix this particular problem. *grumbles*

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 7:45:11 PM PST

[Post New]by a15jac on Jul 23, 11 11:57 PM
When downloading the full game, installation fails and all the files disappear. It gives me "permission denied", with error code 769 - 1001 (guess 1001 is the exit code).

Have tried to do as sugggested in the Help pages, but it doesn't fix the problem.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jul 24, 11 11:38 AM
All I can say is enough BF with the staggering number of "Collector's" issue games. I think they are being pushed out as quickly as possible to make as much money as possible and we the customers are getting the shaft. Please slow down and resolve the issues before the game comes out!!!!!!!!!!

Applebay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Applebay on Jul 24, 11 12:04 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the updated version and still not able to get the game to open. It still goes back to the play again screen. Downloaded to my laptop and that won't open either.

rosapre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rosapre on Jul 24, 11 2:49 PM
I keep losing the game whenever I try and grab the whip and note on the branches in Mexico. I really don't want to download again....it took SO long the first time. So annoying!!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jul 24, 11 11:39 PM
After reading the technical issues section when this game came out, I waited patiently for it to be fixed before I downloaded. What a complete waste of download time. I open the game, the screen goes black and goes back to the "you have 60 min left" etc. If I try it again it tells me the game is running already.

Good to see all the previous issues have been fixed.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Jul 25, 11 11:45 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled the new version. This still does not solve my problem. As with many others, I cannot get the keys in Antartica and the game dumps me out of BFG and offline completely.

[Post New]by seekseek on Jul 25, 11 2:45 PM
I'm stuck with the maya's in Mexico. I put the spigot in the tree but i can't take the bowl. It keeps saying that it's hoping not to take much time. I've started over but got the same problem.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 26, 11 2:04 AM
am always interested in 'aliens' and 'ghosts' games...but not the dark, eerie, dead people, aslym games...so i was excited to give this a spin...well 'spin' it did not...now am reading posts that still problem with the 'updated' version...am tired of giving my puter the 'little tune ups' again and again...so will wait...maybe needs some advice on where the 'glitch' really is?...lol

[Post New]by Makena1705 on Jul 26, 11 12:53 PM
I am having the same problem as Seekseek. My bowl doesn't fill up with the sap when I put the spigot in. It's so frustrating to get so far in a game and then you come to a screaming halt.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Jul 26, 11 10:36 PM
Am waiting for a reply from Customer Support on the Antarctica crash problem. They must be swamped right now because they usually reply so quickly. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, and updated all my system stuff according to BFG instructions on the customer support pages. Still at a complete halt when I try to get the keys - C A AAAA RASH!!!

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jul 27, 11 4:40 PM
bjmusic wrote:Am waiting for a reply from Customer Support on the Antarctica crash problem. They must be swamped right now because they usually reply so quickly. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, and updated all my system stuff according to BFG instructions on the customer support pages. Still at a complete halt when I try to get the keys - C A AAAA RASH!!!

Hi bjmusic,

If you receive a response please post it to the forum. I have been holding off on opening a ticket until I see if a fix is published.

Thanks

jabwm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jabwm on Jul 29, 11 5:07 AM
the game will not open to play can you help me with this problem. thank youjamie

[Post New]by alarsen01 on Jul 29, 11 3:52 PM
I am very frustrated with this game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it three times now and it hasn't made one bit of difference. The trial version worked fine, once I purchased it is when the problem occurred.

When I try to start it, nothing happens, it just goes back to the Game manager showing the game as if I played it.

When will you get a fix for this? I don't have problems with any other games, everything else is working fine. Obviously your update didn't work since myself and many others with me have the same problem. So at least respond and let us know when we can expect a new update that will take care of the issue.

Edited on 07/30/2011 at 11:22:46 AM PST

[Post New]by miavie on Jul 30, 11 11:40 AM
KayleighJ wrote:
Boomer47 wrote:HI,

+1

Edit: After downloading and running the new version, the game still quits without warning in the Antarctic chapter, so the new version does NOT fix this particular problem. *grumbles*

same here

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Jul 30, 11 9:21 PM
I am at the well and have removed all of the bugs. The bucket won't fill - message says "Can't use this here". Any suggestions?

Go to: