DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Catch of the Week July 2011 Royal Envoy

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 25, 11 12:44 AM
Hi there,
Well I must admit that this is not my favourite style of game, but I have been in many forums where this game has been mentioned as an excellent example of this type of game and has also attracted others to this genre.
I must also admit that I am tempted to give this a go in light of some of the recommendations of some well-respected fishes in this Pond.
I hope others of you who have "sung its praises" will also venture here to add more evidence of its worthiness to those of us who have not yet purchased it.
Cheers
Edited for correction (thankyou angelfish106 for being the first to notice my error) - COTW not DD (well, nobody's perfect )

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 11:48:47 PM PST

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Daily Deal 25th July - Royal Envoy

[Post New]by lynwil on Jul 25, 11 2:08 AM
Well, I'm going to 'sing it's praises' as I bought it as a SE when it first came out then loved it so much I upgraded to CE.
It's a fabulous game and I recommend everyone who enjoys time management to try it.
DragonLadyOz - it costs nothing to try it and you may just be like me and come to love it, Cheers

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 25, 11 3:41 AM
I'm not a big fan of TM games, but I really love this game very much. I recommend this game anyone who hasn't try this game out yet.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 25, 11 4:15 AM
At this price........grab it quick if you haven't already got it!! The best of it's genre to be released in a long time, Royal Envoy is an absolute joy. The detail put into the graphics is just amazing; run your cursor over the butterflies and watch them flutter, watch the little fish do nose-dives into puddles and ponds, see the tax collectors little dance when you finish a level...the love and care put into creating this game is obvious from the moment you start to play. My favourites are the guards who are meant to be protecting the banks; leave them for a while and they fall asleep!

Gameplay is easy to learn and tasks get more challenging with every island. If you get gold on all levels on an island, you are rewarded with a trophy; your status as a builder is also increased the more points you get. There is a walkthrough available for every level; a question mark top right of screen.

In the CE you can play the whole game again in expert mode; a lot less time to complete levels with gold. I don't know whether this feature is available in the SE . In the CE there are also 30 bonus levels (no walkthrough for these) which are great fun and very challenging.

I'm hopeful that as RE is now on a DD, perhaps RE2 is coming soon?? Can't wait

Edited to say the walkthrough for the levels isn't available in the SE but expert levels are. And apologies; it's the COW, not a DD.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 5:44:03 AM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jul 25, 11 4:33 AM
Ok, this is the "Catch Of The Week" not the DD,I thought something was weird because my DD is Fashion Fits"!

That being said Royal Envoy is a fun game that should at least be tried and it's a great bargain at $2.99. It has elements of Sims/Strategy/Resource Management/Build/Time Management games.

It is timed but you can continue even if the timer runs out, or you may replay that level until you get gold,if you wish.

burkedd
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by burkedd on Jul 25, 11 5:34 AM
I purchased this game on the 4th of July sale and I thought it was a really good bargin after playing the whole game. It is a wonderful steal at this price and it is really a good game.

Lots of fun, was a bit challenging on some levels but playing a level twice got me gold every time.

The graphics are great, the game play is really cute. Just like other TM games, you continue to build new things or items on the different levels.

Have a wonderful day, great game and give it a try, worth a free hour anyway.

Prttyysadms
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Prttyysadms on Jul 25, 11 6:15 AM
This is definitely a steal at 2.99. I had purchased the CE version a few weeks ago and was hooked on this game right from the start along with my family. I am also hoping for RE2 to come out soon. If you like building/tm games also than this is a game for you.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jul 25, 11 8:34 AM
Thank you DragonLadyOz. You saved my fingers a lot of typing! I too have seen this touted a lot in the forums and decided that for $3 I'd give it a try.

I never played the TM games as they look too much like work and responsibility to me, rather than fun and pleasure . But I didn't like sushi till I tried it either. lol

Cyn

PS: I'll post back later tonight my thoughts on the game. Right now it's time for that thing. lol

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 8:38:02 AM PST

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jul 25, 11 8:42 AM
For those that haven't played this game PLEASE give it a chance. I loved this game. I laughed out loud during most of it. At $2.99 it is a steal. Or just try for free for an hour. I had never played this type of game before and I totally loved it.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jul 25, 11 8:44 AM
My favorite thing in RE spoiler is the robbers that dress up like trees so you won't notice them.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 8:46:00 AM PST

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Jul 25, 11 12:25 PM
I played this game all the way thru a while back and loved it! I was not a huge TM fan at the time cuz I always felt so clumsy at them! But Royal Envoy changed that! It is funny and fun at the same time! Of course, there were levels that were more challenging than others but it was all doable. IMO everyone should at least try this game. It will surprise you....I know it surprised me! Happy Gaming to All!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jul 25, 11 2:26 PM
This weeks "Catch of the Week" really is quite a catch.

The typical "Time Management" game didn't appeal to many of us because of the timer and they can sometimes feel too much like real work. But Royal Envoy is a kinder gentler type of TM.

First, I'm not working....my little guys are doing all the running, chopping, building. And they're so cute! They do everything I ask, running their little legs off. And they clap and cheer for me at the end of each level. Of course the catch is I have to assign them the right chores to meet each level's goals, but hey, I'm the Boss!

Second, the timer is only to determine GOLD for trophies...so I can always finish each level. With no timer to cut me off, I can focus on strategy which is what I enjoy.

I came to love TM's like Royal Envoy which offer the freedom to always finish levels when I needed a break from HOGs. If you haven't yet tried RE, perhaps you will this week when it's such a great deal. The little guys may just charm you too.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 26, 11 1:48 AM
giggyann wrote:My favorite thing in RE spoiler is the robbers that dress up like trees so you won't notice them.

That's not in RE; it's in The Timebuilders Pyramid Rising! Another game I love but did the robbers really think that disguise was going to work

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Catch of the Week July 2011 Royal Envoy

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 26, 11 1:54 AM
DLO, actually it was my mistake I was correcting! I put it as a DD but next post said it was the COW so I edited my post accordingly.

I hope you decide to try RE after all the glowing reviews!

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Jul 26, 11 4:14 AM
Hi Fishes

I don't post much but I do visit the pond daily especially for reviews and opinions on games but I do want to give my opinion on today's COW.

I have been a die-hard fan of ****/Adventure games for years but I have become bored of late (even thought of ending my membership with BF) and then I played Royal Envoy and found it a really excellent game.
I had no idea that these types of build/strategy/time management games could be so enjoyable and absorbing. I have demoed the Dash and Turbo type games in the past which definitely offered a challenge but didn't grab me in the way RE has.

RE has opened up a new genre of gaming for me but I think I have played the best first and MKFP and Roads to Rome games are no way as good.So I may have to upgrade my SE to the CE (I have only ever purchased MCF CE's) as I have made gold on all levels and there are 30 more levels on the CE.

If you haven't played this game I highly recommend you give it a try.

Silver

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 26, 11 5:25 AM
I'm also not a huge fan of TM games and/or building games because as mentioned it seems like more work than fun trying to keep up however this Royal Envoy and Roads To Rome are my favorites. I could play either one of these games for hours.

They are just so well done and the workers are just so cute. I also don't feel any pressure to achieve the gold/expert in the levels but at the same time something about the games if I don't get it which has happened a few times, I find the games worthy to keep trying until I've achieved.

If you haven't already done so or anyone else that may read here is having any doubts about the game, at least give it a try cause when I first started this I didn't think I would like it either but hooked and pretty much from the get go.

Edited on 07/26/2011 at 5:26:17 AM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 26, 11 11:41 AM
This is one of my all time favorite TM games. I bought the collector's edition and thoroughly enjoyed it, replayed it, you name it. For the SE to only be $2.99 is a steal and I absolutely encourage you to try the demo.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jul 26, 11 1:09 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
giggyann wrote:My favorite thing in RE spoiler is the robbers that dress up like trees so you won't notice them.

That's not in RE; it's in The Timebuilders Pyramid Rising! Another game I love but did the robbers really think that disguise was going to work

Opps my bad. Your right.

[Post New]by LunarLoon on Jul 30, 11 12:24 AM
I just wanted to add my voice as a confirmed fan of this game! Admittedly I do love my building games (and lots of others too) but this one is in a class of its own. It's amazing value for your fishy dollar as the playability factor is almost endless, and there are lots of levels which really are puzzling and some take serious strategy to resolve.

The other thing is that after playing the SE version to death, I then caved and bought the CE version too - never have before!!! This is just wonderful - beautifully thought out, lovely graphics, no bugs, loads of levels, virtually a perfect game. At least that's how I felt about it.

I hope those of you who haven't tried it will snap up this offer. I'm almost jealous that I have already fallen in love with it and can't discover it for the first time!

And yes, as others have mentioned, all levels of clickability player will enjoy it because you don't need a gold star to get through each level.

Enjoy!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 30, 11 3:18 AM
dokken117 wrote: (Clipped)
Edited once more to say Come on, Dragonlady, I'd like to think we're all "well-respected". lol

Ooh dokken, anyone who can offer intelligent advice and information beyond an icon or single word is "well-respected" LOL
Welcome to the club all.
Cheers

Go to: