CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

About the Ending **** SPOILER ALERT ****

[Post New]by CplDave on Jul 25, 11 2:34 PM
Don't read this if you have not finished the game!!!

I'm not sure if I actually got to the end of the game. I escaped the cave but there were tasks left to be done and items in my inventory that I never used. For example:

1. There was a machine missing a "safety fuse" that I never found
2. I had gathered some colored cards with numbers that I never used (in fact there was one that I didn't find yet)
3. It said the computer in the last room needed power but I never got it working or had a need to use it.
4. I never did anything about the pillar in the "green room"

I flipped 3 switches that I thought might power the computer. Instead, a machine came out of the floor that contained the last part of the necklace. After an ancient cut scene, a set of doors opened and I went thru. I escaped from the bad people and suddenly I was at a scene in a house ... and apparently the game ended there. Is that all there is? Is this how yours ended? It seemed like a very awkward and unsatisfying ending to me.......

I should say I thoroughly enjoyed the game up to that point and kudos to the developers!!

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 2:41:04 PM PST

Re:About the Ending **** SPOILER ALERT ****

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Jul 25, 11 5:22 PM
I finished game, but I used the colored cards on the computer. Found the fuse to start the computer, all that stuff before getting the safe open that had the necklace in it. But you're right the ending VERY abrupt. It had me confused for minute because I wasn't sure if that was the end or not because there wasn't any rolling credits.

I hate cliffhanger endings and apparently this one is a cliffhanger. I thoroughly enjoyed the game though. It's one of the better ones I've played in the past month. I hope there is a sequel to this game. I would like to know why Kate looks like her friend's dead wife. Great game, but it did have an unsatisfying ending because it was so abrupt and it was a cliffhanger.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 5:24:58 PM PST

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on Jul 26, 11 7:01 AM
I checked the walkthru and figured out what happened and I think it is a bug. When I clicked on the computer it said it needs power, so I looked around and saw the switches on the wall. Without knowing it was actually a puzzle, I flipped the first 3 just to see what would happen. It did not tell me I did anything wrong and the safe came up from the floor. This is the bug - it accepted an incorrect combination of switch settings. I completed the puzzle to open the safe, got the necklace piece, and finished the level, which bypassed a lot of the gameplay that was intended for that chapter.

I am posting this in the bugs thread.

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Jul 26, 11 6:21 PM
I believe the combination of switch settings is different for each user, so you probably just "lucked" into the right combination for your game and you were able to finish without doing the other tasks. I tried various combos before I went back and got the colored cards, and never hit the right one.

Not sure that it was a glitch, just "dumb" luck...not saying you are dumb, but just lucky!

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on Jul 27, 11 6:14 AM
@wunder, that's strange, usually I'm accused of being dumb and unlucky

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jul 29, 11 11:22 AM
I was surprised by the ending too. After checking the walkthrough, it appears that once you have the necklace and exit the building you are at the ending cut scene. The ending was abrupt, but I still enjoyed the game.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Dec 20, 11 10:18 PM
I had to check the walkthrough as I was not sure what I was supposed to be looking for in the periodic table. It was a lot simpler than I thought with the code coming from the columns.

The ending is definitely a cliff hanger with the black car driving up the driveway.

If you hit play again at the end of that scene, the game starts over.

[Post New]by nana141 on Dec 21, 12 7:47 AM
I like the game but then after playing it one day, the next day it would not let me in it. I tried uninstalling then it wouldn't let me install it again. I contacted BF and they gave me some ideas to try. Finally got it to install. i finished the gane but hated the ending. Is the next game "emerald" supposed to continue from this one? If anyone knows let me know. I am not getting it if it doesn't. Some of the scenes were almost too small to see what you were supposed to be getting. There were a couple HOB games that you could hardly see the stuff.
I was really disappointed with the ending. I wouldn't have gotten it if I knew it left you hanging like that.

Go to: