TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Virtual Farm 2

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 26, 11 1:39 AM
Such a cute and lovely game! Great graphics, bright and colorful, good gameplay, enjoyable! The interface is a bit different from other farming games but still fun and easy to play! I quite like this game but not that much that i would spend 6.99 on the game maybe wait for the 4.99 discount or will purchase it when i have nothing to play.....

Grades:

Graphics: A
Music: B
Story: Nothing Much????
Features: B
Fun: B
Gameplay: A
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 07/26/2011 at 8:42:28 AM PST

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Reviews for Virtual Farm 2

[Post New]by exdir on Jul 26, 11 6:07 AM
The hour demo went by very quickly. At first it was hard to figure out what I was supposed to do. But it was kinda fun. I am considering buying it with a credit.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 26, 11 8:42 AM
Swimming by to sticky this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy posting!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 26, 11 9:44 AM
Played the demo and bought it with a punch card credit.

It's just what I'm needing right now - I played the Glitch beta for the first time last week and got hooked on it, but being in beta, it's down again now, and I'm itchy...

I tried playing The Sims 3 again, since they are adding Pets soon, but after messing with it all day yesterday, all it did was crash and reboot my computer every time, so there's no way I'm spending any more money on that one (Pets). I still have Spore to try playing again... haven't played that one much...

Update: I've been playing this since I bought it - so *several* hours now - and I haven't hit the end of it yet. My favorite thing (hope I don't jinx it) is that it plays very solidly - no crashes or freezes or lags or wonky patches in the graphics).

I haven't had any more problems with instructions after the first hour or less - it's just getting the basic stuff figured out at the beginning that's tough with not enough instruction.

Edited on 07/26/2011 at 3:24:22 PM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 26, 11 10:44 AM
Well I made it through 15 minutes of the demo. I loved the first Virtual Farm but became quite frustrated with this one. They want you to grow beets but then do not let you sell them at the market? My storehouse is full and there's nothing I can do about it. Whatever. I don't even want to figure it out. I can always create a new profile on the old game and play that again. 5 big thumb downs from me.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Jul 26, 11 11:35 AM
Very nice game, the demo hour went by surprisingly quickly. Some things are not explained so well, for example:
1. you get the task to fulfill a direct order, but you aren't told that this means going to the market and looking for people standing around with a thought bubble over their head. I thought they would come to the farm, so I wasted some time on that.
2. I didn't understand that one had to wait before buying an update at the market. I wanted to sell two different products and it took me a while to understand that in the beginning just one product can be could.

Anyway, gradually I got to understand the dynamics better. What I like about this game: one is always busy. At first there is just the farm with its typical watering, planting, harvesting. But then you have to check the situation at the market, take orders and refill your stall there. Then you get to process your goods. As you can chain commands, I sometimes gave the farmer order to harvest and harvest and harvest, and while he did that, I took care of processing and the market. Much nicer than just sitting around watching him harvest. So having different scenes to take care of is a nice idea.

I also like that products don't have to be carried to the processing plants, they just need to be in stock and then a click suffices for the plant to produce (at first just 2 units, then 4 units after the first upgrade and so on).

One gets tasks. There is no time limit, which is a bit disappointing, but it's not a major issue. I don't yet know whether I'll spend a credit on this game or wait until it's reduced in price, because I'm missing a bit of a challenge (due to there being no time limit), but it's definitely a nice game.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 26, 11 1:45 PM
Thanks for the reviews and special thanks to GloomySunday for the explanations! With this, I was able to discover the fun in this game and then didn't want to stop (bought it elsewhere). I personally like it untimed; there's really enough to do w/o that, for my TM skill level, lol.
BTW, there is an ingame Help, but it only shows up via the Menu button in the game (and, albeit with pictures, is not as good as GloomySunday's ).

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jul 26, 11 1:51 PM
Thank you gloomysunday for your explanation.

I played 35 minutes and I am a great fan of TM type games but this one annoyed me just a bit too much. The lack of instruction to play this game is just nonsense. I'm a pretty smart cookie and I struggled to figure things out.

I don't mind working hard to complete a goal but I just don't want to meander around blindly to figure out how to play the game. Sorry - I was hopeful.

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Jul 26, 11 2:14 PM
well.. I played out the demo of this game, thinking the entire time "I've played this before" I have never played the first one of this game, so I have no idea if it's the same..

basically there's three screens (so far), the farm, the market and the cow shed/refinery
you switch between the three screens depending on your level goals, and don't forget to stock things in the market you can only sell one item at a time at first, and I assume that increases to more than two over the course of the game, in order to change items you have to unstock the first product and then restock with the next one, time consuming and inefficient if you ask me, and I couldn't figure out that in order to fulfill thought bubble orders you needed that item OFF the shelf..

all in all I don't think the game was terrible, but I'm not panting to run out and buy it.. maybe as a COTW or DD

[Post New]by wumbi1 on Jul 27, 11 12:06 AM
Progress is lost each time I finish playing the game. Very frustrating.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jul 27, 11 12:31 AM
I lasted about 15 minutes before the poor tutorial put me off so a no buy from me.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jul 27, 11 12:52 PM
Cute, but a little boring too. Not really sure about this one... hope it gets better, because I used a game credit out of sheer boredom

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 28, 11 1:56 AM
For me, progress was only lost right after purchasing (demo progress).

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Jul 28, 11 1:18 PM
This game is super cute but would be more fun if it wasn't SO limiting. I hate that they are SO restrictive on the upgrades. Wish I could upgrade the farm plot size, the tools and the speed the character works faster than was allowed in the demo. Purchasing the upgrades is what makes these casual games fun. When you don't allow upgrades it takes all of the fun away and makes the game very repetitive and boring. Too bad. I would have purchased it if I could just do the upgrades when I had the money, until waiting on whatever level the game is waiting for to give me the access. Too limiting. No purchase from me.

[Post New]by bujay00 on Jul 30, 11 9:01 AM
I did not like this game at all. Too "clunky" to play.. and the tutorial was not clear. I uninstalled the trial after only 5 min.'s.

kladoink
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by kladoink on Aug 1, 11 1:24 PM
This game just didn't grab me at all and I usually am a sucker for farm type TM games. I just found this unintuitive, and very clunky as has been said. I found it tiresome to be flicking around so much and to be so limited in what I could do early on. No buy for me.

[Post New]by DizzyWiccan on Aug 4, 11 11:46 PM
I am a huge fan of TM games and farming games in general. Unfortunately I did the one t thing I knew not to do but did anyways. I purchased the game without trying the 1 hr gameplay. HUGE BIG MISTAKE.
I would never have bought it if I had played the free trial first. I cannot believe I did it. I keep trying to play it but cannot get into it. No story line, no time limits, just basic and boring for me.
OH well next time I will definitely remember... try the trial first.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 12, 11 7:48 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 2.5 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.5 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Oct 21, 11 7:27 AM
I thought perhaps this might be a bit like Virtual Villagers and carry on even while you are not playing, but not so. Not sure why they use the name "virtual farm" - anybody know? Anyhow, I had no trouble figuring out how to play, it was very simple. At the market, if you just look at the picture, you quickly see there is only one bin at first, so obviously you can only sell one item. I just sold whatever I had the most of, then when that was gone, switched to another product. I wish I had room for more crops, it is rather limiting at first. It is no Ranch Rush, that's for sure! I have plenty of money and wanted to get another cow shed, but it wouldn't let me do that. I'm probably not at a high enough level. No time limit, so it is very relaxing. Crops are kind of boring. I've only gotten up to wheat, beets, rye and milk, so they may get better, and as you can upgrade the market, you can sell more products at once. I got to 3 bins pretty quickly. Not an exciting game. The market sells your products for you, you don't have to do anything but adjust the price now and then and keep the bins full. I will keep playing, because I want to see what other production items will come up! I see all the empty spaces!

Go to: