bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any The Lost City: Chapter One technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 27, 11 1:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Post any The Lost City: Chapter One technical issues here only

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 27, 11 2:25 AM
If you do not do as the lady says and if you continue upstairs to fathers room you cannot go back to the office or outside. You are stuck between 2 floors. Had to delete profile and restart game.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 27, 11 3:04 AM
Possible spoiler alert!

I'm in car again at the forest and game has glitched! i can't do anything except restart game in different profile. I'm getting sick of these games that glitch if you don't do something in the right order. It's frustrating and just shouldn't happen. Read the walkthrough over and over. I have the 'instruments', but the hint tells me 'look for the instruments'! If I start over whose to say it won't happen again?
I used the torch, and it was after that I couldn't do anything.
Anyone else got this problem?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 27, 11 3:05 AM
care___916 wrote:If you do not do as the lady says and if you continue upstairs to fathers room you cannot go back to the office or outside. You are stuck between 2 floors. Had to delete profile and restart game.

That happened to me, but if you keep going round in circles and going back over and over eventually you get to the reception!

[Post New]by SerejkaBETS on Jul 27, 11 3:20 AM
belamba wrote:Possible spoiler alert!

I'm in car again at the forest and game has glitched! i can't do anything except restart game in different profile. I'm getting sick of these games that glitch if you don't do something in the right order. It's frustrating and just shouldn't happen. Read the walkthrough over and over. I have the 'instruments', but the hint tells me 'look for the instruments'! If I start over whose to say it won't happen again?
I used the torch, and it was after that I couldn't do anything.
Anyone else got this problem?

You must use the flashlight on the headstone, passed the hidden object scene, took the instruments and use the car wheel.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 27, 11 3:35 AM
You must use the flashlight on the headstone, passed the hidden object scene, took the instruments and use the car wheel.

I did, it opened a headstone HOG scene and I got some instruments! But after that I can't do anything at all! Wheel, window, phone, radio, flashlight. The cursor stays the same, no hand on wheel etc!
I've clicked on every pixel with and without flashlight? Why the hint keep telling me to find instruments when I already have?

Edited to say that I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one stuck at this point. Before contacting CS I'll wait a while to see what other fishies (if any) get stuck.
I think if you make calls in the wrong order it glitches.

Edited on 07/27/2011 at 3:40:29 AM PST

[Post New]by SerejkaBETS on Jul 27, 11 3:41 AM
belamba wrote:You must use the flashlight on the headstone, passed the hidden object scene, took the instruments and use the car wheel.

I did, it opened a headstone HOG scene and I got some instruments! But after that I can't do anything at all! Wheel, window, phone, radio, flashlight. The cursor stays the same, no hand on wheel etc!
I've clicked on every pixel with and without flashlight? Why the hint keep telling me to find instruments when I already have?

Edited to say that I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one stuck at this point. Before contacting CS I'll wait a while to see what other fishies (if any) get stuck.
I think if you make calls in the wrong order it glitches.

Try to call Bercovich by telephone and others, if not i even don't imagine what happends.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 27, 11 3:47 AM

Try to call Bercovich by telephone and others, if not i even don't imagine what happends.

I did all that and nothing on the blue screens now for father and daughter. No way of clicking bell to get any more instructions. I just get same message over and over when I tried calling Bercovich. Now I can't call him any more either :-((

Think I'll give up on this game. I was really enjoying it, but don't want to start again just to hit more glitches!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated! I did follow W/T to the letter and what is supposed to happen according to that just doesn't!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 27, 11 6:37 AM
Devs ... FYI ... When I tried to exit the game I was told ...

The instruction at "0x026fef0" referenced memory at "0x032a1254". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program.
Click on Cancel to debug

I chose to terminate the programme but then clicked on Play again just to see if I could access it again and it took me straight back to where I had left the game so I think it was only a little glitch and not anything more serious.

Cherb

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 27, 11 7:01 AM

Cannot talk to the guard. I get a magnifying glass, but clicking doesn't work. I have already used the key on father's door, found the wrong plant, and now I'm supposed to talk to the guard again. Is this a glitch or did I neglect to do something?

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Jul 27, 11 9:48 AM
Well I'm glad you all got so far!

I got as far as the first screen. Entered my name, pressed options etc. and zilch happened. Playing on nearly new W7. First game I've had a problem with.

Forgot to say uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times.
I don't think I'm interested enough to try anymore.

Edited on 07/27/2011 at 9:50:20 AM PST

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 27, 11 10:43 AM
I keep going around in circles. First I can't get out of the car and everytime I go back in to play I have to start all over again..........it does not save. I need to do the options (screen size) etc.
This game is really not grabbing me. I have the wrench and that is all. I can't find anyway out of that car!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 27, 11 11:03 AM
Game totally froze in the basement scene after I found the ammo. I had to shut off my computer and reboot. Bummer, this is not a game I will play from the beginning to be able to see the end. I did look at my inventory to see if my gun was loaded, then the gun 'stuck on my cursor' and I couldn't do anything. Was it me?

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Jul 27, 11 12:30 PM
This looked like a really fun game to start with, but it is not playing very well on my computer. The screen keeps freezing when I get to the concierge and he tells me about the keys. I have to hit ctrl alt del then exit out of the game and go back in. The lady looking for a flower must be dealt with before you can go anywhere else, but the game freezes as soon as I talk to her.

[Post New]by SerejkaBETS on Jul 27, 11 12:35 PM
CiChDa wrote:Game totally froze in the basement scene after I found the ammo. I had to shut off my computer and reboot. Bummer, this is not a game I will play from the beginning to be able to see the end. I did look at my inventory to see if my gun was loaded, then the gun 'stuck on my cursor' and I couldn't do anything. Was it me?

Just put back into inventory your gun. To put the gun into inventory you must to "use" it on the bag and it will put back auto.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jul 27, 11 3:44 PM
I can not get past sign in page. No game at all.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jul 27, 11 4:25 PM
I have gone as far as I can.....I have got as far as the homeless man in the basement.....and when I pick up the piece of metal and stick it into my inventory it will not set up in the vase....and when I go back out and see the metal piece again in the same spot and it's still in my inventory......I cannot progress any further.....the walkthrough I have followed.....still no go....I deleted and restarted....still the same spot and same conundrum.....( I did not start over...nor will I ......the game is VERY time consuming and sadly...I have hit the end of the road on this game with only a couple more scenes left to go......very disheartened.......game was very buggy but up until now I could play it.....

I will return it tomorrow......*sniff*

I REALLY wanted to see the end......and i was just minutes away from it.......

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on Jul 27, 11 5:19 PM
Opened the key box in the apartment building and the game got stuck. Had a key in my "hand" but couldn't do anything. Had to ctrl-alt-del and abort.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 27, 11 5:23 PM
I am at the spot where you have to read a green book then close it. It will not close. What Now

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on Jul 27, 11 5:25 PM
Opened the key box in the apartment building and the game got stuck. Had a key in my "hand" but couldn't do anything. Had to ctrl-alt-del and abort.

Go to: