bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 28, 11 12:05 AM
Explore the Nightingale Theater, which was ravaged by a devastating fire 40 years ago, and uncover a dark mystery! After receiving a letter and a golden ticket in the mail from your grandfather you are off to see an amazing ballet performance. With fantastic graphics and an incredibly mystery, Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale will draw you in to a beautiful world. Explore Hidden Object scenes and more!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 28, 11 12:20 AM
Just started the game and i know straight away that this is a MUST HAVE!!!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 28, 11 12:29 AM
I replied to someone but they deleted the post, so I'll just edit this one and say I'm SO EXCITED! LoL. The screenshots look awesome.

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 12:30:43 AM PST

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Jul 28, 11 12:30 AM
I'm waiting for mine to finish DL'ing... normally I'd wait until tomorrow, but this one is by Blue Tea Games (Enlightenus, Dark Parables) and those are some of my favorite games to play over and over... so I'm very excited to try this one! Thank goodness my kids don't have school tomorrow... LOL

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 28, 11 12:31 AM
New game manager from BF. Not sure if I like it better but it is different. Here are the facts as I have been able to assess.

Game is about a girl who is in quest of finding what happened to an opera house somewhere in Europe. For those of you who do not like ghost, ghoulies and creepy environments, this is NOT for you. However, if you do like the above, this is an absolutely fabulous game. I have already bought it and I haven't bought a CE in awhile. Worth the price.

Size: 485,000 mb. Large game.
Graphics: Clear and easy to find items Beautiful graphics.
HOGS: You need to find parts of items to combine in this puzzle.
Voice and Music. There is voice and the music isn't annoying for a change.
Puzzles: Haven't encountered any as yet, but you do have to use inventory.

Made by Blue Tea Games. Not familiar with them, but this seems like an excellent one. Grade: A+

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 28, 11 12:33 AM
Sunnyglow -- Blue Tea Games made the Dark Parables games and the Enlightenus games. I love them!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 28, 11 12:35 AM
Hi all,
Just a reminder the the trial for this game is actually a Sample Version and might be shorter than the expected hour if you reach the end of the sample in "quick time".
Cheers

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jul 28, 11 12:37 AM
Oooh, so tempted.... still downloading, but I know I'm going to love this one! Already filled two punchcards this month, plus one DD, so if I buy this maybe I can find two more games to buy before the end of the month... two great DDs Friday and Saturday please and make me a happy minnow!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 28, 11 12:38 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Explore the Nightingale Theater, which was ravaged by a devastating fire 40 years ago, and uncover a dark mystery! After receiving a letter and a golden ticket in the mail from your grandfather you are off to see an amazing ballet performance. With fantastic graphics and an incredibly mystery, Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale will draw you in to a beautiful world. Explore Hidden Object scenes and more!
This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes.....?????
LOL

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 12:39:02 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 28, 11 12:44 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
The Collector's Edition includes.....?????
LOL

Bonus gameplay
Wonderful wallpapers
Stunning soundtrack
Extra puzzles

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Jul 28, 11 12:46 AM
Hi all, Blue Tea also made 'Forgotten Lands: First Colony' which is a fabulous TM game. Still waiting for the sequel to that one......hint,hint.....

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 28, 11 12:49 AM
Did anyone look at the screenshots of the game. Now instead of having to click on each one and then close it and click on the next one and close it. All 3 are on the same window and while you look at one the other two are under it. You don't have to close each one any more. I have been hoping they would do that. The screenshots of the game are beautiful, and if the game is anything like them, the graphics will be beautiful.

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Jul 28, 11 12:52 AM
I've never written anything in the "review" threads, so I guess I should say this might have spoilers... just don't know for sure...

I played for 15 minutes, and have stopped to buy it. Graphics are very good, even with the deterioration of the theater, you can still see the beauty that it once was. It seems to be a mix (so far) of FROG scenes (fragmented hidden object) and a sort of atypical type of hidden object scenes (not junkpile, YAY!). It is kind of spooky, so for those who don't care for those sort of games you might be cautious. But I highly recommend at least trying the demo. Another excellent game by one of my favorite devs, Blue Tea Games (Enlightenus, Dark Parables)

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 28, 11 1:00 AM
Looks like Blue Tea has brewed us another winner! The screenshots are awesome, as is the video. (Did you notice, though, in the video, that one of the captions misspells "Nightingale" ("Nightengale")?

I've already got the "Sacra Terra" CE (from the developer's site), so I think I know where my 2 GC credits will be headed now--right into a of Blue Tea!

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 1:01:29 AM PST

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Jul 28, 11 1:05 AM
Boo-Hoooooooo - wanna buy but gotta hold on, salivating, till the 1st!! Then i'll get the CE for sure!!

WILL POWER? Erm...erm...erm...no, it's nowhere to be seen - ANOTHER PUNCH for July!!

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 1:13:28 AM PST

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Jul 28, 11 1:13 AM
Funs story and great graphics, but I really just don't like FrOGs, so I'm passing on this one.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 28, 11 1:17 AM
did anyone see a choice of difficulty or did I just miss it? I want this game so bad but I need a choice of difficulty to have a replay value especially on a CE. I cant go back in because I used all my time...

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 28, 11 1:23 AM
Oooohh, I love this game! But I have to wait til next payday Ah well, at least it is something to look forward too, lol.

Did anyone else have a giggle at the ballerina's name? Rose Tyler - I started looking for the Doctor and Micky Smith, lol. I also had to laugh when I got back to the young girl in distress, and she waved at me - too funny

Did Blue Tea also make the Briar Rose games? The game play is very very similar if they didn't - as are the music and morphing objects

Jen

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Jul 28, 11 1:42 AM
bought the game this morning. have played a demo months ago. beautiful game. but the download is so slow. normally it's only 5 minutes but now I'm waiting and waiting.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jul 28, 11 2:05 AM
Oh, it's a beauty! Both Dark Parable games are in my forever favorites, so this one is destined to head there too! I forgot myself and got kicked out of the demo and my download is taking forever now.

Curses ! I had one regular game to go to fill my 3rd pc, now I'm starting a 4th???

Go to: