bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 28, 11 12:27 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Jul 28, 11 1:05 AM
I have been d/l for over an hr now and it just crashed and I have had to re-start PLUS it auto d/l a new bfg game sub which I neither needed or wanted.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by Angel369 on Jul 28, 11 1:09 AM
crawle1960 wrote:I have been d/l for over an hr now and it just crashed and I have had to re-start PLUS it auto d/l a new bfg game sub which I neither needed or wanted.

Oh I know how you feel...the same thing's happened to me in the process of downloadin for second time...n it's soooooooo slow
Still fingers crossed it's worth the wait

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 28, 11 1:10 AM
I had no trouble with the trial download, but now I have purchased it is stuck at 13%. I've tried all the usual 'slow download' tricks, closed game manager and re-opened, paused and un-paused. I know that the long downloads were a problem before the new Game Manager but I somehow hoped this would solve it.

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Jul 28, 11 1:12 AM
1 hr 10 mins and at 36% Still I have got most the housework done so wont feel so guilty about my daily bfg fix ! lol

dreampop
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dreampop on Jul 28, 11 1:14 AM
This game is so so slow downloading it's been 1 hour now

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by playfulruth on Jul 28, 11 1:14 AM
BIG troubles with the trial download: I am downloading for one and a half hours now and just 35 % are done... I don't know if it has to do with this monster of a new game manager but it's more than annoying. Tried all the tricks mentioned before, nothing works. Anyone who can help?

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 1:17:24 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 28, 11 1:24 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I had no trouble with the trial download, but now I have purchased it is stuck at 13%. I've tried all the usual 'slow download' tricks, closed game manager and re-opened, paused and un-paused. I know that the long downloads were a problem before the new Game Manager but I somehow hoped this would solve it.

Ooooh goody, 16% (that's 3% in 14 minutes!) now but I have to go out - great!

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 1:24:58 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 28, 11 1:30 AM
My download was stuck on 93%. Usually if a dl gets stuck, and that is rare, I just hit 'pause' and then hit it again and it continues quickly. But not this morning...I put my tin foil hat on before I started posting about the new gm...have the feeling it didn't work...and I am not LOLling over this one. Bad, bad feelings about this whole scenario. Mudrock is a robot, Picman is lost in outer space, and the mods have turned into hall monitors with an attitude.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jul 28, 11 1:31 AM
My downloading is exactly the same as everyone else on here, the trial downloaded fast and perfect, I've bought the full game and it's stuck on 13%, then I uninstall it and usually get another 1% out of the download, at the moment I've given up.

afkathy
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Download ok - When I try to play -

[Post New]by afkathy on Jul 28, 11 1:40 AM
the new Games Manager comes up and a pretty message: Hope you enjoyed your trial and want to buy the full version. This without even entering my name.
What's up?

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Jul 28, 11 1:45 AM
I want to play this beautiful game but what is wrong with the download? so slow.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jul 28, 11 1:45 AM
I have done everything that the technical help page recommends and still nothing, am I sick of BFG

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jul 28, 11 1:50 AM
Trial D/L stuck at 21%. I paused and restarted but no movement so cancelled the D/L. Will try again later - maybe.

Must say. I HATE that new game manager. AWFUL. TOO BIG. Why inflict it on me, the other one worked perfectly well and was just a nice size. BFG - take the damn thing back and give me my old one. QUIETLY FUMING HERE.

Second attempt and it D/L okay, no problem. Played some of the trial, seems very dark to me so far. Will persevere as it looks a good game.

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 4:35:24 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 28, 11 1:59 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:
Must say. I HATE that new game manager. AWFUL. TOO BIG. Why inflict it on me, the other one worked perfectly well and was just a nice size. BFG - take the damn thing back and give me my old one. QUIETLY FUMING HERE.

Bought the game and ditto - I want my previous BF Manager...

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 28, 11 2:10 AM
I want the old one back too. This huge INYOURFACE one just doesn't cut it with me. Strange, but of all the complaints lately, I can't recall any about the GM. So what the heck is going on? Some new kid on the block who thinks that all of us grannies need bigger? Well it sure isn't better. I cannot even begin to count the number of games that I have bought here,...more than any other portal, for sure. but I can tell you I don't like what is going on here, and I am over my hog addiction. I still like to play, yeah, but I would rather give my dollars to the devs than to a company that doesn't appear to give a flip anymore. I am going to play the trial, if it ever finishes downloading...but think I will hang on to my bucks. BF has gone too far with this change, and I just don't think I can live with it...oh, I could, but I don't want to, and it is my choice, isn't it.

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 2:53:16 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 28, 11 2:11 AM
nelliegemini wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:I had no trouble with the trial download, but now I have purchased it is stuck at 13%. I've tried all the usual 'slow download' tricks, closed game manager and re-opened, paused and un-paused. I know that the long downloads were a problem before the new Game Manager but I somehow hoped this would solve it.

Ooooh goody, 16% (that's 3% in 14 minutes!) now but I have to go out - great!

Been out, come back and it's at 30% ( that's 14% in 47 minutes).

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 2:12:43 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Download ok - When I try to play -

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 28, 11 2:17 AM
afkathy wrote:the new Games Manager comes up and a pretty message: Hope you enjoyed your trial and want to buy the full version. This without even entering my name.
What's up?

I got that too but managed to play the game. I think I went to another screen. How helpful is that? Sorry!!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 28, 11 2:19 AM
I've been waitng for TWO hours and stuck at 62%! This seems to be an ongoing problem of late. Games used to whizz in, but now I expect it to take til the next millennium. And when they are slow to D/L they usually don't run properly.
Not sure I like the huge new hub, but hoped it would improve D/L speeds. If anything even slower now :-(( And no longer can see at what speed the kbs are coming in, or if it's just stuck.
With all the game glitches and slow D/L speeds my usual quick hour trial whilst drinking morning coffee is a thing of the past. Gaming should be fun, but lately it's become stressful.
I'm thinking of giving it up as it's anything but enjoyable lately!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 28, 11 2:24 AM
Hey Belamba...I have a bunch of new books that I have finished reading...think we should start a book exchange? I am over my hog addiction, too. Still like to play, but I am not anyone's yo yo.

Go to: