WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 19, 16 5:19 PM
valsplace wrote:HELP! This is one of my all time favorite game. My PC died and I bought a new one with Windows 10 on it. I can download and play all my games from my Purchase History except for this one. It just will not open. What do I need to do? Is there a CD for it. My heart is broken. I love this game and will come back and play it again after several months.

What do I need to do to get it to play on my PC. It is a Dell XPS with Windows 10.

Mahalo!

Joanne

Hi Joanne!
The game and your computer are no longer compatible. This is a common issue as people upgrade to a new OS. There are several games I can no longer play since upgrading. I play on a Mac and as far as I know no game has been updated to become compatible with a new operating system. Feel free to get in touch with tech support to tell them about your issue or to ask if there's a work around.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on May 1, 16 7:29 AM
I've been a Big Fish Games Club member since 2006 and over the course of the past ten years I have purchased well over five hundred games and if I had to pick just one favorite, it would be this one. Dire Grove™ is in a class by itself; not even 13th Skull and Shadow Lake, good as they both are, can quite equal the level of reality and spookiness of this superb game.

Oh and I love the parallels to the Blair Witch Project. PERFECT.

I could go on but I can't think of enough good things to say about this game; it's tremendous and I have lost count of how many times I have played it simply to immerse myself in the story another time.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on May 1, 16 7:35 AM
The game and your computer are no longer compatible. This is a common issue as people upgrade to a new OS. There are several games I can no longer play since upgrading. I play on a Mac and as far as I know no game has been updated to become compatible with a new operating system. Feel free to get in touch with tech support to tell them about your issue or to ask if there's a work around.

I wouldn't count too much on tech support. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 only to find to my horror that among others Dire Grove™ was incompatible with the new OS and I had to go to another game club's website to get this information since BigFish has yet to admit it; instead if you contact tech support they will try to buy you off with a free game coupon and yammer about checking into the problem.

THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. This game and a good many others are NOT compatible with Windows 10 and there are no plans to MAKE them compatible with Windows 10. And I think the worst of it is that it took one of BFG's competitors to tell the truth about the compatibility issue. BFG is too interested in money.

[Post New]by choccydrops on May 2, 16 7:11 PM
the game is not working ,i think you dont know how to fix it .i paid for these games and still didnt get my money back.To much stress trying to open game ,even telling us what to do to get it up still didnt play .Really?

[Post New]by geelester on Sep 20, 16 11:16 AM
I bought this game and loved it but since I had to get a new laptop which had windows ten I cant get it to work I have tried everything nothing works.i cant afford to buy it again

[Post New]by yashame on Sep 26, 16 6:25 PM
Hi,

Please help, it's been a while that I am asking for help about this particular game Dire Grove. It won't launch! I've download and install this game, but whenever I try to launch the game, it just shows me a Mystery Case file tab and that has no contents at all. I'm totally paid with this game and it is not a trial version.

I've already done basic troubleshooting, like uninstall and reinstall, but still won't work. I'm just wondering if the Windows version might affect, because i'm currently using windows 10, and I'm wondering if it is compatible with it.

Please I need help on this.

[Post New]by yashame on Sep 26, 16 6:31 PM
Hi,

Please help, it's been a while that I am asking for help about this particular game Dire Grove. It won't launch! I've download and install this game, but whenever I try to launch the game, it just shows me a Mystery Case file tab and that has no contents at all. I'm totally paid with this game and it is not a trial version.

I've already done basic troubleshooting, like uninstall and reinstall, but still won't work. I'm just wondering if the Windows version might affect, because i'm currently using windows 10, and I'm wondering if it is compatible with it.

Please I need help on this.

IF THIS ISSUE WILL NOT BE RESOLVED, I WILL TELL TO MY FRIENDS AND TO ALL PEOPLE HOW TERRIBLE YOUR GAME IS.. GRRR, IT SOOO IRRITATING! I PAID FOR THIS APP AND I DIDN'T GOT ANYTHING IN RETURN.

[Post New]by yashame on Sep 26, 16 6:36 PM
At least reply or let me know if there is something I need to do, to fix this game, right??
But why is that no one with your organization didn't sent any on email on how I can resolved this or just a bit information about the system requirements of this GAME. At least let me know, let me know, let me know, let me know, let me know!!! if there is a compatibility issue or what not or anything that I need to do!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 14, 16 7:15 PM
yashame wrote:At least reply or let me know if there is something I need to do, to fix this game, right??
But why is that no one with your organization didn't sent any on email on how I can resolved this or just a bit information about the system requirements of this GAME. At least let me know, let me know, let me know, let me know, let me know!!! if there is a compatibility issue or what not or anything that I need to do!

Hello yashame. Firstly, I'd like to let you know that game forums are composed of other game players like yourself, not Big Fish employees. If you'd like to speak with members of the Big Fish staff you can pm a moderator or contact Customer Support.

Secondly, If you had read the first post on this page or any number of other recent threads in this forum regarding this issue, you would have found, much more quickly, that indeed this game is not compatible with Windows 10 or recent Mac upgrades. It sucks. Nobody is happy about it. Again, feel free to contact Big Fish and ask them to upgrade the game already and give you a coupon for a free game.

Thirdly, you can always find the System Requirements of any game on the download page. For example, this game's pc download page lists the following information (copied directly from the page):

Game System Requirements:

CPU: 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1280 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 605 MB

Clearly you can see Windows10 is not listed.

Lastly, since this game is 7 years old, there are very few people who look at this game forum anymore. Posting 3 times in 11 minutes will not get you a response any faster. It will most likely be weeks before anyone comes along to check on a game that's 7 years old.

I'm sorry you were unable to play Dire Grove, it is a great game.
Otherwise, Happy Gaming to you!

[Post New]by Joycelin621 on Jan 23, 17 3:21 PM
mystery case files: dire grove and haunted halls: green hills sanitarium in collector's edition does not give you bonus contents nor extras to play out these games why on earth not?????????

[Post New]by Joycelin621 on Jan 23, 17 3:26 PM
it is not worth purchasing these games such as mystery case files: dire grove or haunted halls: green hills sanitarium if you're not going to be fair and let the game finish with the bonus contents for dire grove or extra for green hills sanitarium that is money wasted.????????????????

[Post New]by Peet77 on Feb 16, 17 2:01 AM
I play this game on IPad, but I can't find the morphing books in the nautical room where they are supposed to be. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by cschehr on Feb 28, 17 1:34 PM
I'm having a Technical issue with downloading Dire Grove Collector's Edition on Windows 10 getting a error 1403 code. I have submitted a email to Customer Service and Per Leslie there is a issue with This game on Windows 10. I have also checked the help section for this error code 1403 but this code is not listed.
Is anyone else having a error issue for Dire Grove on Window's 10

[Post New]by StephenKing1983 on Mar 3, 17 5:49 AM
i just recently bought the collectors edition but it will not load up. can someone help?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 23, 17 9:59 PM
StephenKing1983 wrote:i just recently bought the collectors edition but it will not load up. can someone help?
Please read the numerous posts on this page (and in this forum) about this issue.

[Post New]by jsjensen999 on Mar 25, 17 3:32 PM
All other games work but this one will not load.

[Post New]by molisa47 on Jun 9, 17 5:55 PM
i just bought it today and it won't play all I get is nothing , on my task bar it shows a document only symbol what do I do ?? I have already removed it and tried reinstalling it still the same thing any idea's

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 10, 17 9:06 AM
Molisa47, this game won't run under Windows 10. There are many threads in this forum about that but nothing has been done to fix it. You'll have to contact customer service to tell them about it but all they'll do is send you a coupon for another game.

[Post New]by Traci555 on Jul 5, 17 9:36 PM
I finished the game twice now just to get a little spoiler, only to find out there's another spoiler, not playing a third time. What I really want to know is where is the list of achievements you can "strive for", as the directions suggest? When you hit the visor it tells you your achievements so far not what achievements exist to achieve. I read somewhere that's how you get another spoiler or egg thingy. Does anyone know the list of achievements to get in this game????? And if there is an Easter egg??

[Post New]by Cthulhu001 on Jul 8, 17 7:23 PM
r19wing511 wrote:We bought the game but can't get it to run................any suggestions, we buy Big Fish Games all the time sith no problem.......HELP!!

I have downloaded and installed the game three times but still cannot get it to go. All I get is a little square on the bottom of the screen which collapses when I click it, and nothing else.
I must say I am extremely disappointed with this, as I have played 13th Skull, Collectors Edition several times, and each time I have found something new in the storyline, and enjoyed it immensely. I have also played Ravenhurst twice, and found it also extremely enjoyable. I was really looking forward to Dire Grove, and to have it freeze up on me like this is very annoying.
Has anyone any idea as to why it is doing this. I am almost ready to take a running jump!

Go to: