laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Ghost bride by chapel? Broken window?

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 1, 11 3:11 AM
I absolutely adore both Dark Parables games, and I can't wait for the third! But this game leaves some plot threads hanging and I don't understand why.

1. When approaching the chapel, for the first time and occasionally later times as well, a ghostly bride (at least, I get the impression that's what it's supposed to be, on account of the veil) is seen walking briefly on the path. Who is this? Why was it never explained?

2. When you enter the royal bedroom, you can see that the window is broken. If you click on it, the narration notes that someone broke it in. This is never explained or even mentioned again, so what was the point?

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

Re:Ghost bride by chapel? Broken window?

[Post New]by Chaorite on Aug 15, 11 8:23 PM
The bride would be the ghost of Briar Rose walking the grounds.

The window in the bedroom is just extra comment. You don't need anything from the King & Queen's bedroom but the torch.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 28, 11 1:28 PM
I was wondering if those were expanded on in the Collector's edition...

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by Chaorite on Aug 28, 11 4:46 PM
No, not mentioned. There's an additional game and artwork etc. No mention of either of these elements though. You haven't missed a thing.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 28, 11 10:30 PM
Okay, the bride being Briar Rose I can sort of understand, except that since she's not dead I don't know why she would be a ghost (other than the scene where she addresses the detective). But since the broken window in the royal bedroom has no point to it whatsoever, I can't understand why it's mentioned at all. I mean, the game draws your attention to it, but why? It makes no sense. Thank you, though, for letting me know it's not clarified in the extra content.

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Dec 15, 12 6:16 PM
Also the hallway covered in vines where you get the shield (behind the bookcase in the throne room). You get a knife to cut the shield free, but never get anything that lets you cut away the vines from the doorway. What's behind the door? Why is it even there if you never get to enter the room?

Go to: