Reviews for Smiling Pasta

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Reviews for Smiling Pasta

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 1, 11 10:05 AM
Hey fishies!

What do you think of Smiling Pasta? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 08/01/2011 at 10:05:26 AM PST

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Reviews for Smiling Pasta

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Aug 15, 11 5:27 AM
This really isn't a time management game. In my opinion, this should be in the match 3 category. Too bad, I was looking forward to a new TM game.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Aug 15, 11 7:07 AM
I too got all excited when they said Time Management and it's a match three. So okay. I went and tried it anyway. The game play reminds me of the first Coffee Rush. In the options there's a setting for normal and easy. On normal they still give you hints after a few seconds. I personally don't like that. Do that on easy. At the end of the levels you get to buy more recipes or goodies to keep the customers happy. Nice graphics and the musics okay. All in all it's a cute game. You should try it at least. You never know!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 15, 11 7:24 AM
This is a very nice match 3 game, maybe a little bit slow for someone. I hadn`t technical problems within my trialtime. You need to make the match 3 on the right site and after that you need to click on the food on the left site (under the customer). Happy gaming everyone and have a nice week

[Post New]by kittenmm on Aug 15, 11 10:27 AM
Beautiful screen
I love this type of match 3 game
Unfortunately, the cursor problem caused me unwilling to buy this game
(At least let me fimish the trial But so bad, it can't!)

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Aug 15, 11 11:52 AM
Is there any way to make the "Game board"bigger? It is hard to play as it is much smaller than usual.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Aug 15, 11 5:58 PM
I rather like this game, and I am neither a fan of time management nor match-3 games! You have to do the match 3 to gain enough ingredients to make certain plates of food then click on the diners' plates to feed them. It is time management in the sense that they get unhappy if you do not feed them quickly enough. As it progresses, it gets more difficult, and you have to add drinks or side dishes. You can only obtain these by doing enough matches. You can buy additional recipes and you can make angry folks happy with coffee or sweets.

The game did have some "lag" time when I was playing. Maybe that was my computer, but hard to believe.

I would totally buy this game . . . if it were the Deal of the Day! Even though it is kinda fun, it is just not worth $6.99.

swmetz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by swmetz on Aug 15, 11 6:01 PM
Didn't like how small the matching board was - they could have made it bigger over the background--also got hard to find matches for the items it needed for a long time-frustrated that I couldn't serve w/o juice or pizza ready...I like the other games that let you serve the ice tea or soup as an extra so you can serve right away. Oversized on background and the people but tiny board - not for me I guess.

krisamata
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by krisamata on Aug 15, 11 10:00 PM
totally didn't like this one, it messed up me once, and the board wouldn't let me move, so i had to re-do the tutorial again. the cursor and movement of the pieces is very awkward, the music is highly irritating. there's no challenge to it really, and it's easy enough to wait until 5 plates are ready so you can get enough coins to buy the next recipe.

not worth the buy for me, really disappointed in this one. It reminds of that pizza one where you have separate mini games to fit as many pizzas onto one space, and where you have great upgrades

this one was just borrring, i'm 10 minutes into this one, and I'm going to uninstall it right after I finish writing this!!

Happy Monday!

[Post New]by bouncyhouse on Aug 16, 11 1:56 AM
I'm a big fan of a good match three. Thing is, it didn't even pass spell check. "Comming soon". Honestly. And sure enough, it didn't. The gameboard is small, and it's still got bugs. Somewhere on the 8th or so board, it just stopped making matches, and it wouldn't play anymore. It's a bad copy of Pizza Chef and Coffee Rush. Clearly, this game was put out while still in Beta.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 16, 11 2:13 AM
Don't know why but this is six hours after the game release and nobody post the reviews and there're very few comments! The graphics are bad, not awful just bad, music are really annoying! The game is a mix of Match3 and TM like Coffee Rush and Restaurant Rush, Burger Rush abut those games are much better. Story is just normal boring TM style story and the game is not fun! Skip this one, will not buy it even as DD

Grades:

Graphics: D
Story: D
Music: E
Features: C
Fun: E
Gameplay: D
Overall: D

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

[Post New]by kittenmm on Aug 16, 11 5:52 AM
Besides fixing the cursor problem, please allow to skip tutorial & story.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Aug 16, 11 7:41 AM
I wrote a comment yesterday after trying this game for about 30 min. but somehow I got sent into the void. So, here goes again. The cursor was very awkward for me. I usually like TM games, and M3 not so much. This tries to be both, like Restaurant Rush, but not as much fun IMO. This pasta did not smile on me, I am afraid. More like Lame Noodle.

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Aug 17, 11 1:58 AM
I tried it for a few minutes and definitely was about to yell at the computer.

I like both time management and match 3 games, and enjoyed similar games (but A LOT BETTER gammes) such as Restaurant Rush.

Regarding this one:

- There's a match 3 board on one side, terribly small compared to the rest of the game area. (I've got a 24" panoramic screen but this huge area is useless for this game).

- Cursor gets blocked by a silly cursor that tries to show you 3 matches. This is really annoying. Game runs fine until it decides to show you what you should do. And, by the way, it does not always show a best match at all.

- Dialog boxes mix up with the background and there's no visible way to get out of game to the menu while playig.

- Sound does not seem to work too well, either: it's really loud when you start the game. Then I reduced the volume and never heared it back again.

- Characters are not really appealinig. Nothing to keep you too interested either.

A real and annoying waste of time, with a final comment: DID ANYONE TEST THIS GAME BEFORE RELEASE? SERIOUSLY??

Result of trial: Uninstalled after a few minutes.

mM!

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 2:00:48 AM PST

[Post New]by Jesethea on Aug 19, 11 6:20 PM
This game is a very odd combination. It's a match-3/time management game. It also combines models with photo-realistic food images with cartoonish match pieces.

The game play is pretty decent... or it would be if the game was responsive. I found myself more and more annoyed as the game progressed.

Last note: Google translate is not a replacement for localization.

Overall: SKIP IT!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 19, 11 6:54 PM
well, i was excited to see this one come up, but just now had a chance to sit down with it... boy, wasn't missing much!

the M3 part of the game is very small and the pieces are bland and fairly indistinguishable... the graphics in the rest of the game appear similar to many 3D rendered adventure games, but it just doesn't pull off easily in this genre...

i've played 'restaurant rush' and the 'pizza chef' games which both merge [quite successfully] TM and M3 and know that this can work... maybe if they had gone bigger with the important stuff, 'smiling pasta' could've been a winner, too...

MelStacey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MelStacey on Aug 22, 11 7:23 AM
I agree with those who have said the playing board is too small. I really liked Restaurant and Burger Rush- this one is very similar but the layout of it is not great at all.

g_abriele
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by g_abriele on Aug 22, 11 10:26 AM
I'm not too much into that kind of games - but I liked it and because it ran okay the first minutes, I used a game club credit - but the very next time I played longer than 5 minutes I froze ... and even with the update it doesn't work any better :-((

[Post New]by SassyTeffie on Aug 25, 11 5:19 PM
I love TM games, but I hate M3 games. That being said, I gave this one a shot since it was billed as TM. I thought maybe it had some M3 elements and some TM, but it was really mostly about the M3. I uninstalled it after getting through the tutorial level.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Sep 2, 11 8:35 PM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy - I was able to get expert in all levels easily in the hour I played.

Playability: Poor. The game was very sluggish, esp. the drag & drop treats.

Likes: I thought this would be fun - I love Coffee House Rush and having to fulfill recipes makes a match 3 game a little more interesting. You can choose which upgrades to buy, and there are plenty.

Dislikes: Besides the very sluggish play, it was taking a long time to earn enough for the upgrades. The rechargeable bonuses took too long to recharge sometimes, even when purchasing upgrades. Of course, when you do that, you can't afford new recipes . One one level, I could not serve a customer a dish - it just wasn't registering any of the matches I was making.

Recommendations: Keep customers happy with coffee and treats so you can chain deliver dishes. This will help you reach expert quickly. Don't let a customer go away angry - it seems to take away your expert achievement.

Will I buy it? Not unless they fix all the glitches.

Go to: