Veth28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

General Lava 8

[Post New]by Veth28 on Aug 2, 11 9:35 PM
Can't seem to do this in general mode for the star. Any suggestions?

Re:General Lava 8

[Post New]by TheZaz on Aug 3, 11 10:18 AM
One of the more difficult ones by far.

In general, here's what I did.

* Got the tower next to my house, did NOT upgrade it. Upgraded house to 30/30

* Took two castles - upgraded and staffed

* Then sent everything I had to one of Blue's towers. NOTE: Sometimes you can grab Blue's tower before getting the second castle. This will be a big timesaver if you can.

* Now take all of Blue's houses along the back and his other tower. Upgrade it all to 50. Keep an eye on your two castles and towers. If you loose one you'll have to restart.

* Now it's time to take the houses in the center. Try and do this pretty much all at once. Upgrade each to 50 and KEEP it staffed at 50. This will make Green not hit it. Leave Green one house, like the cavbalry building at 10/10 so Green will go after that. He may still hit some of the other 50/50 and if so reinforce them.

* Once everything is your you send EVERYTHING you have at Green's castle. And I mean everything. The second you get the castle send everything to one of Green's towers. And just keep the troops coming at this point until you've got him.

General Time = 9:00 min

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Aug 7, 11 5:15 AM
Thanks TheZaz for your post, but I'm still in trouble with this. I just made 11 m 06 s in General. I got lucky with Green taking a blue tower so it was at 10 when I attacked. I had upped my start tower to 30 and the two castles to just 20 before attacking. Whatever I do, one blue tower ends up at 50/50 and is too strong to attack, so I deviate from your post and start taking the middle buildings before I take the last blue tower and before I'm fully upgraded. Then I defend desperately whilst upgrading gradually, and when I have all the middle buildings and have defended the latest green attack, I send everything at the blue 50/50 tower and then resume defending. Then I get everything up to 50/50 especially the towers, defending all the time, and send everything at the green castle. This is my problem: the green towers take such a toll I only have about 30 troops in the tower at peak, just enough for one upgrade, and certainly not enough for an attack on a 50/50 tower, at around 7 minutes at best. If I keep sending continuous attacks without a break, they have too few men to get past the towers to reinforce the 20 castle or attack the green tower. So I have to wait for troops to fill up and defend before resuming attack, and can lose the 20 castle a few times. I would like some more detail about these problems or your attacking and defending methods. Also, even if I get the 20 castle upped to 30 so it can't be retaken, those towers are so strong it takes me several minutes to take one. I have experimented with overloading a cavalry building to send big cavalry charges, but find this hard to coordinate in the face of continual green attacks I have to defend.

[Post New]by TheZaz on Aug 7, 11 9:46 PM
If Blue gets his tower to 50 it's not a problem. Just 2 waves from the furtherest castle, wait until the group gets to your house then send 2 waves from the house. Once the big mob gets to your closet castle send 2 waves from it. This way you have one big massive army. You'll easily overrun Blue's tower. (if you're a fast clicker you may want to do 3 waves instead of 2)

Ok, now the 20/20 castle. I use them same method when attacking. I send 2 waves from the furthest center house, then both corner houses. I time the army movement just right so when I send from the central house and the two castles they moving army is a big circl and not a long line. Then I time everything else and send two waves from them. Often I'll end up with 120+ troops in the castle.

Now start the same process and send towards his HOUSE and not the tower. This means he can't reinforce the tower from his house and taking it will be easier. If the caslte gets taken it won't matter since you have a huge army on the way and you'll just end up taking it back.

Repeat the process of making a big mob of an army to send at the tower once the house is taken and do then do the same thing for the other side.

Hope that helps!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Aug 8, 11 8:08 AM
Thanks, that helps. I only managed 9 m 20 s on my first try but it's clearly the way to go. I had used synchronisation of troops on Colonel before but forgot about the tactic on General -- I was so used to just clicking on all buildings and attacking full speed. But here you need the 50/50 buildings and it is a powerful tactic again.

I should use it more often, it's just that on General the AIs are so aggressive and I often end up just reacting with instant clicking. But synchronisation puts you back in control!

Edited on 08/08/2011 at 8:17:03 AM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Aug 22, 11 8:58 AM
Finally! I've been trying for a month and finally got the General star in 7 m 50 s!

I restarted until green attacked the lower blue tower immediately. Got the 10 tower and emptied it, upgrading my house to 30 and letting it fill to 28, then four attacks on the near 10 castle and upgrade it. Wait for 30 total troops and five attacks on the lower 10 castle but don't upgrade, just send everything I've got at the lower tower -- now green and about 15/30. Keep watch on blue and green attacking either of my castles and reinforce when needed, otherwise send everything at the tower, which I upgrade to 30, and then to each of the blue buildings between the towers in turn.

Defend the odd counter and blue is gone but for his 50/50 tower. Now upgrade bit by bit but don't let green take any middle buildings for more than a few seconds. At first, don't upgrade any of the middle buildings since green will attack them. Just be careful not to use more troops than needed to retake any that green has, and bit by bit upgrade, and soon I have more troops than green and when the rightmost three buildings are at 40/40 synchronise attack on the tower whilst still retaking green middles. Choose the right moment when green is weakest to start upgrading and defending one middle building after the other, leaving one stable at 10 as a decoy. Upgrade each middle building to 50 quickly, then take the next. Also gradually fill my three towers to 50/50. I had to do a lot of defending but found at 6 m 30 s that green was weak and not attacking for a second, and my buildings were all more than half full. This is where not using more troops than needed to defend is vital, so I didn't have empty buildings. I let my buildings fill in the little break and then did a synchronised attack with everything on the green castle, ignoring the green attacks, which just take his troops away from defending it. I didn't upgrade, sending on troops when they reached 50 several times to the top tower until I took it. Then it was a mop-up, retaking the middle buildings I lost and sending everything against the bottom tower, after retaking the castle from green, and then to take all the three green houses. Green retook the towers at about 20/20 but I ignored them until I took the producing houses, then finished off.

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 9:04:17 AM PST

[Post New]by cele_1 on Oct 8, 11 5:18 PM
Has anyone else beat this level using a different method than the two posted? I have been trying for days, still no luck. This is the only one I have not received a star on, and I am getting frustrated!!!

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Oct 14, 11 4:09 AM
I wasn't much different - but slightly perhaps. I took the tower in the centre right away and then the bottom castle, but didn't upgrade much (castle to 20 I think). Then took the bottom blue tower and moved from building to building quickly eliminating blue. I upgraded and filled the bottom tower and ignored the top blue tower for now. Then I took the bottom cavalry, upgraded some of the now protected huts on the right. As soon as green started attacking the top castle, I retook it and upgraded the centre tower, the centre hut, and the second castle to protect that section. Then I took the top cavalry, gathered all my forces and sent them against green. It's annoying - green keeps taking the small huts even if you upgrade them (so don't bother upgrading, but take them back so green can't!). Just keep gathering all the forces from the right to the bottom cavalry, move the centre populations up to the top cavalry, and send at least 70 - 80 men at a time. I took out the centre castle, then one of the huts, then one of the towers, then the other hut, and last the other tower. Don't forget to start sending a bunch of troops to that last blue tower just before the green tower falls. My time was 8:43, so I didn't have much to spare. Good luck.

A very tough level, I agree.

Go to: