bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Art Mogul

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 3, 11 12:05 AM
Become an Art Mogul by bidding at exciting auctions, completing lucrative requests, exposing fakes, and much more! Travel to different gorgeous cities as you track down works by Van Gogh, Monet, Klimt, Titian, and Rembrandt! Open your very own art gallery as you earn wealth and fame in this unique Hidden Object game!

Re:Art Mogul

[Post New]by gamineannie on Aug 3, 11 12:28 AM
Well, I've tried 9 minutes, but am too tired for more now. The dev is Funzai (?). Options are minimal: the usual sound, full screen and something called safe mode. HOG scene is not your usual - you must find bits of paintings to receive discounts when buying or a better price when selling. One thing I really did NOT like, was the game took my name from the PC. There was no "enter player name". There is also a new twist on the dreaded STD. In order to identify forgeries a photocopy of the original is overlaid over the painting you are checking and you must try to spot the differences while flipping the overlay back and forth. Not a selling point there. But will check it out some more later...maybe...depending on what others have to say.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 3, 11 12:35 AM
This game is not for me. It's to hard to maneuvar around. Not alot to the game either. I love the art work and I would have loved it had it been a full hog, but it's very different kind of game. I would'nt call it a hog more of a sim game. But like I always say, give the game a try for yourself, you never know what everyone likes. I know I don't care for this one. But if you like it, Enjoy

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 3, 11 4:43 AM
I did try the game, I will pass on this one, even tho it is pretty interesting, Graphics was nice sounds was ok..Thx DEV's and BF..

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 3, 11 5:30 AM
I liked it up to the point I went to the auction and had to find an item FAST. I don't enjoy timed games, I'm afraid it's a no-go for me.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Aug 3, 11 7:50 AM
I couldn't even find what we were supposed to be looking for in the auction. no good telling me to look "for something special" when I don't know what it is

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 3, 11 8:23 AM
AriadneSP wrote:I couldn't even find what we were supposed to be looking for in the auction. no good telling me to look "for something special" when I don't know what it is

I couldn't figure that out at first either but if you look under the painting, you'll see little circles with bits of the painting you need to locate.

[Post New]by eagle1316 on Aug 3, 11 3:06 PM
I didn't even get that far. the game froze on the first screen so I uninstalled it

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on Aug 4, 11 11:30 AM
I liked it enough to buy it after the hour trial (HOG meets Chocolatier?), but it wiped
out all of my progress when it started the registered version.

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on Aug 4, 11 11:33 AM
You can select whatever name you like (though limited to 12 characters as most games do) when you start a new game. Just click on the "If this is not you" dialog in the start screen, and it will let you enter a new name.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 4, 11 2:49 PM
Hey fishies,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this game with us.

I just wanted to let you know that we have an official 'Reviews' thread stickied at the top the Art Mogul Forum page, and ask that you post any reviews for this game in that thread only.

If you are experiencing any technical issues, please be sure to let us know in the 'Tech Issues' thread.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by boringperson on Aug 19, 11 5:49 PM
Cannot find any directions as yet for this game - most frustrating

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on Nov 22, 12 4:53 PM
How do you buy a gallery? I can't keep playing untill somebody will help me. Thanks for your help. sherrylmarshall

P L E A S E H E L P

Edited on 11/27/2012 at 12:15:30 PM PST

Go to: