bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Bus Driver technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 3, 11 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

time4t
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post any Bus Driver technical issues here only

[Post New]by time4t on Aug 3, 11 4:58 AM
Mouse moves so slow have to move it a fraction at a time and then the whole game working slow. When I finally did get into the play mode, nothing happened except the timer ran down. Never found instructions on how to play the game. I am using Vista.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Aug 5, 11 8:53 AM
Only negative for me: Keeps freezing momentarily, and I have a new PC (as my other one died). The PC I'm using is less then a month old, so my drivers, graphic card, etc. are all up to date, and this is an older game & not as graphic intense, as others I've played on it. Using Windows 7. I'm still able to play though, because I've found if I just wait approximately 30 seconds, the game unfreezes itself, and game play resumes without any progress loss. If it starts slowing down, I have to close out the game and open it again, and everything is fine... I have not had to do that too much though. Most likely, I just need more Ram. Oh well, still a fun game.

Edited on 08/05/2011 at 3:56:32 PM PST

[Post New]by icteeth on Aug 5, 11 4:04 PM
It freezes on me as well and my computer is less than a month old. I am able to push all my other games with no problems. It's frustrating especially when I'm trying to make a right turn and the game freezes and I'm not sure what buttons I was pushing until it unfreezes. I took out a light pole that way! Other than that it's a great, fun game.

Nilent
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nilent on Aug 5, 11 8:15 PM
I can't even get the game to start. It installed, and when I click on the button to play, nothing comes up. It is minimized in the taskbar, yet when I click on it and try to maximize it, it says it's not responding.

[Post New]by Myis3300 on Aug 5, 11 8:27 PM
Bought and downloaded game. I start the game and it tells me immediately the screen states that Bus Driver has stopped working. I tried unstall and re install and same thing, Any advise.

[Post New]by JustMeMary on Aug 6, 11 9:54 AM
Game opens, but not on full screen. Can't see left portion of screen. Mouse skips also.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 6, 11 1:58 PM
Hello everyone,

All of the issues posted in this thread might benefit from taking a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Sometimes a quick update to your computer can definitely help with the game's performance. If you're still in need of assistance after these steps, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with the steps you've taken and a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

lucamacho1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lucamacho1 on Aug 9, 11 8:42 AM
The game is great the only problem i had with it was the controls, it would start fine but if you needed to stop quickly it would take a few minutes. In other words the controls were sluggish.

[Post New]by bluegrassgirl on Aug 11, 11 3:18 PM
same thing happened to me. couldn't even play it, as soon as the title comes up, it freezes and goes back to my game manager and says i still have 60 minutes to play, lol. oh and yes, just like every single person stated on this forum, i have all updated drivers and graphics card. it's kind of funny, i can play fear 3, but bus driver doesn't work? lol. i mean, why does it always have to be our computers, the game could actually be the problem. looks like a cool one, hope you guys get the bugs worked out.

[Post New]by Mercy55 on Aug 12, 11 1:37 PM
I cant use my blinkers. I click on the I and the J but nothing happens and then I still
get penalized for crossing lanes. I hope the I and J are the left and right blinkers. The letters are kinda fancy looking.

[Post New]by harleyquinn4 on Aug 21, 11 5:44 PM
Myis3300 wrote:Bought and downloaded game. I start the game and it tells me immediately the screen states that Bus Driver has stopped working. I tried unstall and re install and same thing, Any advise.

[Post New]by TigerChick73 on Sep 10, 11 5:08 AM
I always trial games 1st and luckily I did!! I downloaded the trial for Bus Driver as I had a go at it at my friends house and loved it but it won't load on my computer!! I have windows 7 and I have good enough graphics for big games like Sims 3 so I know that my computer is good enough!! I get an error message up saying something about drawing graphics and I wouldn't have a clue what that means!! Please help as I would love to purchase this game!!

[Post New]by DGUMMOW on Nov 23, 11 4:18 PM
New comp and newer monitor - but it says the mode isn't supported for the monitor and all I get is a blank screen!! My 6 year old is really disappointed!!

[Post New]by daffodil105 on Mar 15, 12 9:30 AM
Just downloaded the game. As soon as you click on it to play game manager closes and then opens back and says thank you for playing Bus Driver. Can not play.

[Post New]by sophwale on Feb 3, 13 12:12 PM
When i try to buy the full game, i put in all my bank details, but when i press the button to buy it, it comes up with a message saying that the order has been canceled!! I am worried it has charged me for a game that i haven't got please reply as this is very annoying and how do you get it to stop saying it has been canceled .

[Post New]by kapu12 on Apr 17, 13 10:08 AM
I am a bus driver. If driving a bus was this difficult, I think, that I have had several passengers dead!!!

[Post New]by Tee_Tessa1 on Dec 18, 13 12:59 PM
Okay so I just downloaded the game, and it has 60 minutes for the free trial. Everytime I click play, it'll load and get ready to open but doesn't. Before this, I used to get the Error 809 message about another game running in the background but now it doesn't do that anymore. Could it be the version I downloaded?

[Post New]by monsiemathieu on Mar 17, 14 12:55 PM
Hi, could anyone get back to me about my Technical Issue? What I've done was download, install and tried to play Bus Driver. What it says Is " Bus Driver is having a problem and is unable to draw graphics on your computer (no valid graphics device was found.).\nSuggested steps;\n\n1. Check that your computer and video card meet the minimum hardware requirements.\n2. Update your computer to the latest version of Microsoft's DirectX.\n3. Download and install the latest graphics drivers for your video card from your vendors' website- your graphics drivers are likely out of date.\n4. Try changing the rendering method of OpenGL to DirectX or vice versa. Change it on Advanced tab of Game Launcher Application.\n5. Delete the game configuration file 'config.cfg' in your 'Documents'- 'Bus Driver' folder. It may have been corrupted.\n This file will be automatically re-create with valid default values on the next game launch. Done this all and your Suggestions also since Others have had problems. Can Anyone help? Love the game.

[Post New]by yoyo23er on Jun 15, 14 9:54 AM
So as I'm driving, the game tells me I'm "Out of Lane" and need to use blinkers, even though I didn't even cross a lane! Can someone please tell me why that happens? Thanks!

Go to: