djeddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Getting out of Reverse

[Post New]by djeddy on Aug 3, 11 12:52 PM
Hello, I am using my Logitech Joystick and am having trouble getting out of Reverse. Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Ed

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Getting out of Reverse

[Post New]by Alrydian on Aug 3, 11 4:35 PM
I use the Attack3 Joystick, and I've got the throttle mapped as the accelerator. I tried to map the brake on the joystick, but because the accelerator and brake work closley together in this game I found it too difficult. So I've disabled the brake axis and mapped the brake to the spacebar on the keyboard. I guess if you had a seperate brake pedal that would work. I've found with similar sims the accelerator and brake don't work well together on the joystick.

So to answer your question, the accelerator works like a brake when your going in reverse. Just apply some gentle accelerator until you come to a complete stop, then take your finger off the accelerator until you hear a noise ( I think the noise indicates that you are in neutral), then if you re-apply some accelerator you should be in 1st gear and going forward.

Sorry if my reply is a bit long winded, but I hope this helps.

Al

djeddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by djeddy on Aug 3, 11 4:50 PM
Thanks Alrydan!!!
Please do not apologize. Thank you kindly for your help as it is deeply appreciated!!

Ed

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Aug 3, 11 8:31 PM
I am using the keyboard buttons. But you have to be awful careful.

Go to: