bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 4, 11 12:05 AM
Jade only wanted to gain some distance from the events of her recent past by accepting a placement in a small Italian mountain village. But even before she arrives she gets pitched in the midst of an incredible case of intrigues, secrets and betrayals. What is really going on at the abbey of Sant’ Antonio? Find out in Jade Rousseau - The Secret Revelations: The Fall of Sant' Antonio, a fun Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio

[Post New]by jenkast on Aug 4, 11 12:14 AM
I purchased this game a while back and thought that it was very good!

But I want to warn everyone that it is on the short side and many HOG scene items are tiny. There are also a few 'spot the difference' scenes, some like those while others don't.

Other than that I really liked it. I look forward to the next in the series.

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 12:16:50 AM PST

[Post New]by Karabilou on Aug 4, 11 12:35 AM
I demo'd this game and only played for a few minutes. The first HOG scene really annoyed me. I couldn't find some of the objects. I was clicking on, what I thought looked like, the digital camera only to have Jade say she really needed to start concentrating. After the fourth time of her saying she needed to concentrate I gave up. This will be a no buy from me. Shame, it looked like quite a good game otherwise.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 4, 11 12:45 AM

I bought this one last year...there was supposed to be a sequel but it never materialized.

I thought it had alot going for it with good voices, great story line plus the initial animation and the graphics are really good.

Unfortunately, the hidden objects are pixel sized and Jade has annoying dialogue that chastizes the player for not concentrating. After you hear that criticism for the 3rd or 4th time you'll likely want to reach thru your computer screen to throttle her.

I know I certainly did want to ...

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 12:46:13 AM PST

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Aug 4, 11 1:04 AM
I think I'll give it a try. Need to to do something with my punch card rewards.

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Aug 4, 11 1:15 AM
I just played the demo. Did not enjoy it, but thought it might improve. It did not!!
When the demo ended, I could not get out of the game. Had to manually shut off and restart my computer.
Definite NO BUY for me.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 4, 11 1:18 AM
grannyq wrote:I think I'll give it a try. Need to to do something with my punch card rewards.
I was thinking the same. I have 5 cards. But the Hog's are terrible. Tiny objects hard to see. When I quit the game it froze. I don't think I buy this one.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 4, 11 1:47 AM
I haven't played yet but did DL it. You should know that it comes with "extras": Direct X, Visual C and Creative labs OpenAL32.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 4, 11 1:50 AM
bribling wrote:I haven't played yet but did DL it. You should know that it comes with "extras": Direct X, Visual C and Creative labs OpenAL32.

How many "extras" does this game have for us to install? I clicked "cancel" to each one of them. I am very suspicious when things like these are "extras" instead being incorporated into the game, and never install them.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Aug 4, 11 3:23 AM
grannyq wrote:I think I'll give it a try. Need to to do something with my punch card rewards.
I tried it and it is definately a no buy for me. First H O scene took me 4 hints to get out of. When the second scene appeared I coukd tell it would be the same way. This could have been a good game.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 4, 11 4:04 AM
I also purchased this about a year ago from another site. I wished I hadn't. Tasks are counter-intuitive--one that I remember involved clicking on about 8 different areas in the scene to "get out of town," or something like that.

Most of the hidden-object scenes require close-up pixel hunting--misclicks (and there will be plenty, I guarantee!) result in Jade repeatedly chastising about "concentrating." After about a half-dozen of those annoying reminders in five minutes, off went the speakers. And it was not too long after that, that the game found itself at the bottom of the recycle bin!

As a DD, maybe; as a full-priced soft release, nope. If you do opt for this one, be sure you've got a magnifying glass and earplugs handy!

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Aug 4, 11 11:58 AM
I wish I had read this thread before wasting a credit on the game. I so nearly went for 'Try' rather than 'Buy' but then I thought what the heck, I've got a credit to use...... More fool me!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 4, 11 2:53 PM
Hey fishies,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this game with us.

I just wanted to let you know that we have an official 'Reviews' thread stickied at the top this game's forum page, and ask that you post any reviews for this game in that thread only.

If you are experiencing any technical issues, please be sure to let us know in the 'Tech Issues' thread and/or contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 2:53:28 PM PST

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Aug 4, 11 6:08 PM
I gave up during the demo.......hog scenes just about impossible. Pity could have been an interesting game.

greyratt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by greyratt on Aug 5, 11 6:55 PM
I was happy to read all the bad reviews, seeing how I downloaded the demo and it said my trial had expired. Seems my future self had already played it. I'm sure she hated it as much as everyone else.
This is the first time this has happened to me, but I've seen several people post this about games lately. Well, ever since the new game manager was introduced, come to think of it....Man, I hate that thing.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 6, 11 8:07 PM
I just can't give this game a good review at all. It is obvious that the English is not American or British. I must admit that I never listen to music or voices. I like to play the games w/out those; reading the speaking lines was terrible. They need help. They show up in 2 different ways. And I agree w/all. Finding the **** is almost impossible w/out hints.

Also there was not real tutorial or help. I never did find out how one gets a new hint. Sad to say, and I hate to criticize games, but this one is definitely not for me. Also, I had 22 minutes left during tutorial. Usually I mind; in this case I was actually glad. Good Luck to the game designers in hope that they upgrade the game. I'd always give it another chance.

OnWI

Go to: