bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 4, 11 12:57 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 1:02:00 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 4, 11 1:31 AM
I'm a sucker for a talkie. And this has good talking. I really like this game. Widescreen,good graphics, great controls. Although I will say the hog scenes can be a little difficult to see. There a bit cluttered and the objects are hard to see. But I really like this game. Good detective story and the characters look pretty real. You must give this game a try for sure. I hope everyone doesn't miss out on this little charmer. I know it's CE Thurs, but this is a great soft release. I think they should have released it as TGT. As you can tell from my rave review, this is a buy for me. Be sure to check this game out, it's worth the download! Enjoy

I rate this little charmer: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 1:32:06 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 4, 11 2:13 AM
Terrible game. Bad graphics, except for the cut scenes, and the H0 scenes are terribly cluttered. Objects are rediculously well hidden most of the time, and because the graphics are so bad, I often can`t identify the items I need to find.

Struggled through the first H0 scene just to see if it gets better, but when I was at the next H0 scene, I exited the game and deleted it.

Forgot to mention: I wasn`t even able to set up my own profile. I clicked on the profile section, got to the part where it says: player 1, player 2, etc, but wasn`t able to add my own name.

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 6:22:26 AM PST

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Aug 4, 11 3:12 AM
this is not a new game I played it months ago on another site and yes it is a bad game, dreadful hidden object scenes with things impossible to find and as for the story Im sure you will all have it sussed out easily enough

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 3:13:16 AM PST

[Post New]by jaynewhalen1 on Aug 4, 11 3:18 AM
horrible game didnt like it as soon as the hidden object scene appeared ,thought it was going to be a really good game over clicking makes an annoying voice pop up all the time the hidden objects are really hard to see and the demo only lasted about 20 mins def a no buy for me x

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Aug 4, 11 3:18 AM
Valdy wrote:Terrible game. Bad graphics, except for the cut scenes, and the H0 scenes are terribly cluttered. Objects are rediculously well hidden most of the time, and because the graphics are so bad, I often can`t identify the items I need to find.

Struggled through the first H0 scene just to see if it gets better, but when I was at the next H0 scene, I exit the game and deleted it.

Forgot to mention: I wasn`t even able to set up my own profile. I clicked on the profile section, got to the part where it says: player 1, player 2, etc, but wasn`t able to add my own name.
Exactly!!! Same sentiments.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Aug 4, 11 3:28 AM
I played this game probably about a year ago on another site and I didn't like it. The H0 items were hard to find and the gameplay was just average, nothing special IMO.

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Aug 4, 11 4:03 AM
This game looked interesting so downloaded demo and started playing demo.Oh what a let down.Came to first HOG scene and could not find items due to grainy graphics and over cluttered screen but kept playing as thought game might improve but not to be .Sorry but this is a bad game.A definite NO BUY

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 4, 11 4:05 AM
Oh my... bought and played this game ages ago it seems. I had to write the devs and download and install the game again to make it work and when it did I found out it was terrible. Teeny-tiny objects that sometimes took forever to locate AND click at the right spot. Okay the voice-overs were good and that was just about the only positive thing. Oh, yeah, and the story wasn't too bad. But a waste of money anyway. I played the whole game because I bought it but don't ask me how.

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 4:06:44 AM PST

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 4, 11 4:18 AM
Wow, this is a record for me. I really tried to like this game, but the hidden object scenes, please, what a joke! Really can you make them any darker, smaller or blended? I have never used the hint button as much as I did in these scenes

I only was able to make it 7 mins and finally deleted.

No Buy not even as a DD

I give this 1 out of 5

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 4:20:58 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 4, 11 4:21 AM
This game out on the dev site ages ago but i haven't try it yet so i tried it today! Bad game! Objects are nearly impossible to find, graphics are bad, blur and grainy! Even though it has voice overs and good music and i will skip it even as DD!

Grades:

Graphics: D
Story: C
Music: B
Puzzles: D
HOG Scenes: F
Fun: E
Gameplay: D
Overall: D

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 4, 11 4:32 AM
This is a really bad game. I have played it before a few months on the german bigfishgames sites and found it only horrible. The graphic is really bad, also the gameplay and story. I wouldn`t want it even for free

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 4, 11 4:46 AM
Isn't it great that we all have different taste. And that the games that some don't like other's can enjoy and visa versa. I don't hate any game. I'm not a fan of certain developers, but I'm sure there are many who might like them. But, I like this game o.k. I'm not saying it's the best game ever. I enjoyed it enough to buy with a punch card. I think the qaulity of CE's lately are blowing averagae games away. It would really be a very boring world if we all had the same taste. And for those of us who liked this game enough to buy, it was a good day for us.

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 4:47:34 AM PST

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Aug 4, 11 5:29 AM
Terrible game

Too much conversation
Only shows 6 objects on list, when there are lots more to find
H0 scenes too cluttered, with objects way too small - 6 paper clips?
Not clear on what to do or how to do it, so I ended up overclicking.
But then the overclick penalty was constantly popping up - and it was very annoying
Garbage can scene opened a very small H0 box
Find: ticket, purple ticket, business card, pass - I CAN'T TELL ONE FROM ANOTHER

Deleted game then.

Edited on 08/04/2011 at 5:32:32 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 4, 11 5:40 AM
Couldn't enter my profile so I remained player 1.
H0 scenes very, very cluttered, you can hardly make the difference from one object to the other and they're often same color as the background.
Graphics good otherwise.
A lot of dialogues, voices are OK.
Uninstalled after 20 minutes.

Ge0rgs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Ge0rgs on Aug 4, 11 5:51 AM
Trigger51 wrote:Terrible game

Too much conversation
Only shows 6 objects on list, when there are lots more to find
H0 scenes too cluttered, with objects way too small - 6 paper clips?
Not clear on what to do or how to do it, so I ended up overclicking.
But then the overclick penalty was constantly popping up - and it was very annoying
Garbage can scene opened a very small H0 box
Find: ticket, purple ticket, business card, pass - I CAN'T TELL ONE FROM ANOTHER

Deleted game then.

Agee Deleted as well..I hated the "I really must concentrate"..Hell they hid the HOs so well you have no choice but random clicks..DONT BUY THIS GAME!!!

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Aug 4, 11 7:24 AM
I really tried but I do not like this game. Almost impossible to find hidden objects in some scenes and that 'you need to concentrate' thing got very annoying very fast! I lasted fifteen minutes and then wondered why I was wasting my time and eyesight on this game.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Aug 4, 11 7:38 AM
Ditto, ditto, ditto! The first H0 scene was horrible - couldn't tell what ANYTHING was! Kept going for a bit and the second was no better. Although I like the current crop of IHOGS, & FROGS that have more in them than just H0 scenes, I still enjoy a well-done, clever and challenging H0 scene. This game doesn't have them! I usually play with sound off so I can't comment on music; too much dialog for my taste. And I also found the main character pretty obnoxious in the 15 min. I lasted. And by the way, I don't think I've ever seen Sant' (with an apostrophe) in a town name for Saint. NO BUY!

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Aug 4, 11 7:59 AM
Agree with all the negatives. And don't tell me to concentrate more when the objects are nigh on impossible to find and unrecognisable when you do! Yuck. Lasted 15 mins of demo before I got so annoyed I quit and deleted. Way too much yacking and not enough action.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Aug 4, 11 8:27 AM
I don't normally make negative comments about a game, but this one really made me mad after all the downloading I had to do at the beginning and then the emergency shut down I had to do to get out of this thing!
And ditto to the comments about tiny, unrecognizable objects to find!

Audrey

Go to: