Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Avoid if you like a story (spoilers)

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Aug 5, 11 5:10 AM
I bought this game and played it all the way through and when I got to the end it didnt seem like I had achieved anything really.The main problem (for me) was the lack of story,you are just told to buy/sell paintings,make money,buy art galleries and fill them with a certain type of painting.Once you have done all that theres no fanfare or well done,it just tells you you can either start back at the beginning or carry on making money,so it seemed kind of pointless to me.But if you like hidden object games in themselves with no time limit,no need to play a little longer to see what happens next then you might like this one.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Avoid if you like a story (spoilers)

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 7, 11 8:18 PM
Dan2678 wrote:I bought this game and played it all the way through and when I got to the end it didnt seem like I had achieved anything really.The main problem (for me) was the lack of story,you are just told to buy/sell paintings,make money,buy art galleries and fill them with a certain type of painting.Once you have done all that theres no fanfare or well done,it just tells you you can either start back at the beginning or carry on making money,so it seemed kind of pointless to me.But if you like hidden object games in themselves with no time limit,no need to play a little longer to see what happens next then you might like this one.

Thanks for the warning! I got that same empty "so what" feeling from playing "Path to Success" through to the end.

KHalleron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Avoid if you like a story (spoilers)

[Post New]by KHalleron on Aug 14, 11 7:34 AM
Yes, I would have liked more story, but -

I normally HATE hidden object games. Hate, hate, hate, and yet, I LOVE this game. Why? It's the art itself. You have a whole game devoted to beauty - that is extremely rare.

Art for Art's Sake - just like the game says (that's what that banner says in Latin).

So I would actually recommend this game for art lovers.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Avoid if you like a story (spoilers)

[Post New]by kathy909 on Aug 15, 11 2:17 PM
i agree the ending was a let down but really enjoyed the game.

Go to: