linnovak
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Any Hints?

[Post New]by linnovak on Aug 5, 11 3:02 PM
I'm finding it hard to make money. Anybody have any hints to help?

perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Any Hints?

[Post New]by perrik on Aug 5, 11 6:32 PM
When selling paintings at the galleries, the number of hidden objects on a painting is related to the price you'll receive. If there's only one hidden object, the maximum offer is just one "jump" over the original offer. This gallery or another gallery may make you a better offer in a future visit, so if you don't need the room in your portfolio, don't sell yet.

You'll get a better offer if there are two hidden objects to find on the painting. For maximum profit, only sell when you've been tasked to find three hidden objects in the painting.

Visit the auction house whenever you switch cities and pick up the requests whenever offered. You'll make a better profit from fulfilling the request than by selling that particular art at a gallery.

I've yet to dabble in the counterfeit world, so I can't offer any hints there!

Edited on 08/05/2011 at 6:35:50 PM PST

linnovak
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by linnovak on Aug 5, 11 11:41 PM
If they show an item as "wanted" by an auction house, does that mean it is definitely in a painting that exists at one of the galleries?

[Post New]by Tyger_74_NC on Feb 19, 13 4:32 PM
As for counterfeit dealings, of course you want to make sure you have successfully find all of the flaws in the painting. When you have decided to take the painting, sell it to another cafe customer in another city. Here is an example:

Let's say you're in S.F. and you have narrowed down a counterfeit painting and for the sake of argument, the price has come down to $200. You buy that panting. Now, if you have progressed far enough, go to someplace like London and go to a cafe. Don't even bother going a gallery to try to sell it, unless you want more stars for having the dealer destroy the painting. Now, once you're in the cafe and if you have a customer, you will have choices as to how you want to sell it for; don't get too greedy. Go for the next highest price after you paid for the fake work. If you ask for too little, you will lose out on the deal. No one wants to lose money! Then once you have asked for an appropriate price, say $400, then proceed. There will be 3 kinds of circles that your marker needle will land on:. 1.) Gold [the deal is accepted]; 2.) gray/silver [no go]; 3.) Glowing red devil/demon [not only is the deal, but you have been exposed; lose some stars]. You can do pretty well with selling fake art as long as you move around frequently and have plenty of fakes and/or real art that is out of style. And not being too greedy can be helpful, as I said, the more you ask for a fake art piece, the more likely it will get turned down or exposed. Experiment as results are usually pretty random.

Go to: