bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Review for Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 6, 11 12:27 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Review for Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 6, 11 1:01 AM
I'm on the fence with this game. I like the game play but the objects are so cluttered and almost impossible to see. But I like the mini games,widescreen,and the over all idea of the game. You are a contestent on a game show to win trips to travel around the world. I enjoyed playing alot, but I found the objects so hard to find, you have use the hint button alot. I haven't decided if I'm going to get it yet. I want it, because I like the concept, but I'm not sure I would enjoy struggeling so hard to find the objects.

I'll look forward to seeing what other's think of this game.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 6, 11 6:46 AM
The game would have been nice, but without an option for the mouse (cursor) arrow it's ano buy for me. How are you supposed to compete with others when yu have a floating mouse cursor (arrow) floating around. Hard to maneuver from object to object. Quit and un-installed after only 4 min. of play.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Aug 6, 11 8:44 AM
I liked this game. I think it has a great concept. I made it through an episode and still have 28 mins left on the trial. I also noticed in the options that there is an option for relaxed so if a timed-based game stresses you out, well there you go. The scenes themselves reminded me a lot of the Big City Adventures where anything could be anywhere. I believe there are a total of 7 or 8 locations to play from also. For $2.99, I'm probably going to get it.

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Aug 6, 11 9:00 AM
I read the reviews in this forum and thought I might pass, but then played the demo and the hour flew by. Mumbo Jumbo is the developer. They also do the Midnight Mysteries series which I like a lot.

I think this game is easily worth today's DD price. I agree the hidden objects are a bit challenging to find, but I like the different concept and this appears to be a fairly long game.

Don't just rely on the reviews. Give the demo a try.

Bought it!

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Aug 6, 11 2:17 PM
WOW!! I bought the game and love it! It is fun and so different. I can see it might not appeal to everyone but I quite enjoy it. Thanks Big Fish!!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 6, 11 6:50 PM
At first I was concerned about playing against the computer (other contestants on the game show) and being timed until I realized that they were having just as hard a time as I was finding a lot of the objects. And this is probably the biggest negative of the game. The graphics tend to be either very well defined or blended and blurry. Even though the game favors your player, a lot of the items were frustrating to find. Fortunately, the hint button refills fairly quickly. Other than that the game concept is great. There is a lot of variety and novelty in the mini games and contests and they are pleasantly challenging. As I played, I tended to think that I would not buy the game because of the frequent difficulties in finding objects, then I would progress on to another stage and change my mind. The final decision? I decided to buy it - the price is right, you can always opt out and come back to it without any plot set backs, and I like it enough to really want to master the game play.

Jman8099
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jman8099 on Jun 3, 12 6:10 PM
Amazing. I'm always winning at every round from Spain to Germany to any country.

Keep making more money games.

-Jman8099

P.S. I like your contestants, mini games, awards, and envelopes with stamps.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Sep 4, 13 3:35 PM
What a tedious game! HOGs are cluttered and items are blended into the background. I found myself hitting the Hint button and reading a page or two of my book waiting for it to refill. I'm glad I got this with a PCC. I doubt that I'll ever replay it.

Go to: