New Game

[Post New]by fevis1 on Aug 7, 11 7:42 AM
How can I start a new game? I finished the old one and I chose the option to continue. Now I am bored and I want to start over with a new profile but I don't see how.

Re:New Game

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Aug 7, 11 10:33 AM

I ran into the same problem. Seems to be an oversight by the developers. All you can do is start a new game with a new profile. On the main menu under the title "Art Mogul" you'll see "Welcome, username (if this is not you, click here)", which is where you can set up a new profile.

The problem with the profiles is that you can't entirely delete them like you can in other games. If you choose to delete a profile, it only deletes the username, but the save game file associated with that username remains intact. So if you start a game under "John Doe" and you decide to delete the profile and start over with the same username, you'll notice that you'll be starting at the same point you were in the game prior to deleting the profile.

The problem with this is that you may want to start over if you run into a glitch with the current profile, or if you like to replay the game a lot, which I usually do. If you do replay the game several times, you're going to have forty different usernames to keep track of, all of which can never be deleted. Only the profile name will be deleted, but the game save will remain, and forever be linked to that username. Hope the developer can fix this problem.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 7, 11 11:22 AM
You can always delete the saved games. The saved games are under Documents and Settings/ Whatever your user name is/Application Data/Funzai (the developer)/Art Mogul. Then you should see saved games and a profile data file. Zap those and you should be able to start over completely. It's a do-it-yourself solution but should work. If you are worried about it, just cut and paste those files somewhere else. You can always move them back if you want.

[Post New]by fevis1 on Aug 7, 11 1:43 PM
Ok.. I did that and the game started over. Thank you soooooo much Bartsister!!!!!!!!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 7, 11 5:31 PM
You are very welcome! Glad it worked out for you!

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Aug 7, 11 8:36 PM

Bartsister, what operating system are you using? I'm using Vista and believe me, I deleted the game, looked through Documents and scanned the folders for Program Files, Program Data, Windows and a couple of others on the C: drive and came up empty. I then found and deleted all of the registry entries associated with Art Mogul, although Funzai came up dry. I reloaded the game and the save files were still there. I suppose I could have scanned the entire C: drive, but that would have taken all night. However, your post got me looking one more time, but again, there was nothing associated with Funzai in Documents. I assumed at that point that you were using a different operating system (XP?), so I continued to dig. Guess what? I found them here of all places:

Desktop > Username > Roaming > Funzai! > Art Mogul

Anyway, thanks for the tip. You encouraged me to keep looking and now we're back in business. Funzai really needs to fix the delete profile option so that it deletes not only the profile name, but the save file associated with that profile name.

Edited on 08/07/2011 at 8:40:12 PM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 8, 11 6:03 AM
Ouch! I'm sorry that your search for the saved files was such an ordeal. I am running Windows XP and should have said that in my post. But I guess on the bright side, you know where saved games files are hiding on Vista? It is good to know. There are a lot of games that you uninstall and these files get missed and pile up. Also, you never know when you might just need to find them. Like now for instance... Anyway, glad you found them and I'm sorry again that I didn't clarify on my OS.

Go to: