MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

Did I mess up?

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Aug 8, 11 4:33 PM
I acquired my first gallery and several of the needed paintings. There were a couple more that I needed, however I could not afford them. By the time I could, they had been moved out of rotation at the other galleries. I have now earned nearly $100,000, but I have not seen the paintings since. Now the only paintings available to me are expensive ones and I worry I won't see the ones I need again and I won't be able to ever make any progress in my game. And yes, I search every available venue. I go in a little circle, SF, NY, London, Paris, repeat, and I search the gallery, cafe, and auction house. Am I going to have to start over???

Edited on 08/08/2011 at 4:36:16 PM PST

jodama
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

Re:Did I mess up?

[Post New]by jodama on Aug 12, 11 1:47 AM
I think you'll find that you haven't messed up. The cheaper ones do come around again. I found I had made about a quarter of a million before they started coming around again.

I also made a quarter of a million before my game kept crashing, now I barely get through a week before it drops out (grrr).

Good luck with your problem!

KHalleron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KHalleron on Aug 13, 11 11:49 AM
I sold a painting before I realized I needed it for my gallery, and was worried I'd ruined the game, but it came round again after I'd bought all the other.

Be sure to check the auctions - most of the paintings I needed showed up there.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Aug 26, 11 12:53 AM
I have exactly the same problem. I could not afford the painting with one of the items in the beginning. I still need two more items (oriental). I have now almost half a million dollars and the painting has NOT come back. Some of the other paintings have come back twice but not the one i need. I am also in the loop of New York, London, Paris. I really liked the game and i was often very succesful in Bidding and also getting many Requests. Now it gets monotonous going to the same places again. I may get a NEW profile and getting Animals to collect.

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Sep 5, 11 3:34 PM
Wish I had good news for you jeannemaria, but the day after I bought the game, we had a huge power surge and lost a bunch electronic equipment, including the monitor to the computer I had the game on so I haven't played since. But it sounds like we're in luck

Thanks for letting me know you guys! Linear games give me a headache!

Edited on 09/05/2011 at 3:34:53 PM PST

Go to: