bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jessica Secret of the Caribbean

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 10, 11 12:05 AM
Jessica and Tony are off on a romantic honeymoon to the Caribbean! Their plans change, however, after Tony is kidnapped! Now Jessica is off on an exciting adventure and must find a famous pirate's hidden treasure. Dive into this amazing Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game and get Tony out of harm's way as soon as you can! Solve tricky puzzles and challenging minigames in Jessica: Secret of the Caribbean!

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 9:28:13 AM PST

Re:Jessica Secret of the Caribbean

[Post New]by gamineannie on Aug 10, 11 12:19 AM
Well, I lasted an entire 6 minutes. The graphics are amateurish at best. The intro is down comic-strip style. Jessica's husband has been kidnapped and she has been sent to her hotel. The first HOG scene is too easy - just click on every item of clothing you see and it's on the list. Same room - now find objects by their outline. Same room - spot the difference. Not the least bit interesting in the first 6 minutes. Perhaps some hardier soul will venture further into this and let us know if it ever improves. The game cursor is some unwieldy red arrow, on the large side, like all things BFG of late.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Aug 10, 11 12:25 AM
And I lasted 20 minutes as I thought the game might improve, it didn't.

This game would have been o.k. in 2006 maybe but not on BFG that have moved on somewhat. ah well - there's always tomorrow.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Aug 10, 11 12:29 AM
COMMENT:

This is an old game, first mention in these forums Apr 2009

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/31274.page

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 10, 11 12:32 AM
Why is this game TGT when there are post from April 2009 about this game and what players thought. It is an old game tillybaby. Check it out for yourself @
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/31274.page

Happy Gaming - with another game
Honey

Hey Kel - guess you and I were typing at the same time. I discovered the old thread in CCC and posted in it.

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 12:36:23 AM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 10, 11 12:34 AM
I only lasted through 5 mins. This is definitely a no buy for me.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Aug 10, 11 12:35 AM
I lasted 12 minutes hoping it would get better - it didn't. The first **** is find 27 items (basically everything in the room). Then you get the same room, different junk and find-by-silhouette. Then a STD, same room. Finally a different room - same type of scenario. Find the junk, find-by-silhouette, and a concentration mini-game (find pairs of cards).

I have games from 10 years ago that are better put-together than this. Many items are very small, but there are no dark corners (so far). Music is 1980's arcade quality.

I am deleting this turkey.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 10, 11 12:37 AM
Thank you very much Gamineannie your comments have saved me from sitting through a now long slow frustrating download time. I was just sitting here wondering if it was going to be worth it as I am not keen on the style of graphics either but to know that you start off with a hidden object scene, followed by a silhouette scene, followed by a spot the difference scene which are all the same room makes me give it a sight unseen.

Sorry devs that is a big turn off for me and makes me think you are struggling to flesh out a very short game and haven't enough ideas for new locations, apart from which I do not like spot the differences and that is an understatement .

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Aug 10, 11 12:39 AM
Hi BF, are you kidding? Tried to play the whole hour. No chance! This game is ridiculous and a bore.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Aug 10, 11 12:40 AM
I am confused, it is reading July 2010 to me and it is called Jessica Mysterious Journey, according to the link that Kelv has put in. Guess I am having a DUH day! LOL!
From the comment so far it does not look too god anyway

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 10, 11 12:43 AM
LOL, Kel and Honey, just knew I had already seen this "TGT" before !

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 10, 11 12:45 AM
That is a different game Ann. It must be (as unbelievable as it seems...) a series of games. They are OLD games too... the current TGT is 2009 and the one you are referring to is from 2010. I was pretty sure that I was not interested and, having read the reviews so far, I KNOW that I am not interested... All I can say is Where is the Sonya game???

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Aug 10, 11 12:47 AM
peglegann wrote:I am confused, it is reading July 2010 to me and it is called Jessica Mysterious Journey, according to the link that Kelv has put in. Guess I am having a DUH day! LOL!
From the comment so far it does not look too god anyway

The link I put in is showing this game was mentioned in these forums in Apr 2009

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Aug 10, 11 12:51 AM
A 2 yr. old TGT and still no DD for today? Down the drain a bit more every day. It's the 10th and I've bought one game this month.

Guess I'll go check out the other sites again.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 10, 11 12:58 AM
This game is a dinosaur. The cartoon graphics and poor quality are so out dated. I'm a fan of hogs and I'm pretty easy sometimes when it comes to games. But this game is just boring and slow and doesn't offer alot in story or game play.

I know some older games that are fantastic. So, rather this game came out years ago or now, it's still the same. It wouldn't have been good even years ago. The quality is just not good or worth buying. I don't need bells and whistles everytime, I just need a good game. Simple games can be great, but this is missing everything.

But like I always say, give the game a try for yourself. It's just not for me, even at DD or COTW. But if you like this game, then this is your day and enjoy. But this isn't my day for a game.

I rate this game: "TROTTER"

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with this pigs foot. lol lol
‘ ‘
(o)

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Aug 10, 11 1:01 AM
1. "Tomorrow's Game Today" is over 2 years old with very bad reviews.
2. Game Manger is very badly fouled up
3. "Upgrade" to the game screens are very SLOPPILY implemented
4. Front Page of website is a lot more sluggosh (starteing to be overloaded) than it used to be.

Geeez BFG - what's going on? Doesn't matter which way we turn the quality we are used to has taken a turn for the worse.

The url posted got me to exactly to todays "TGT" not another game or version of it. WIth dates of April 2009 as mentioned earlier.

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 1:06:10 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 10, 11 1:07 AM
This game was released two and a half years ago on April 24th, 2009.
Shouldn't this game have been their Daily Deal?

I just checked the "site that will not be named" and their new game is "Restaurant Empire". That one was released on March 17, 2003, over eight years ago.

Must be a new trend to cart out old games. I better get my DOS emulator ready.

Well, hopefully Murdrock's crystal ball is correct and the new Redemption Cemetery will resurrect tomorrow.

Time will tell...

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 1:51:31 AM PST

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Aug 10, 11 1:08 AM
, Well I gave this a try like some of the others of late and I concur , My purchases are getting to be less and less, Sad Fishie indeed

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Aug 10, 11 1:24 AM
I also searched on (Removed by moderator), I found the game, but I could not find a date, but there was no contributions by anybody, no forums, no reviews or even user reviews, however there was a link to another site, that is offering this game now for 2.49 the original price was 9.99.... it is one of the sites that specializes in older games and sells them at huge discounts.....

Maybe everyone's speculation is correct, and this was suppose to be the daily deal- I was actually expecting FACES to come out tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 1:34:15 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 10, 11 1:24 AM
MarkAlan wrote:Yep, I just checked. This game was released two and a half years ago on April 24th, 2009.
Shouldn't this game have been their Daily Deal?

I just checked the "site that will not be named" and their new game is "Restaurant Empire". That one was released on March 17, 2003, over eight years ago.

Must be a new trend to cart out old games. I better get my DOS Box emulator ready.

Well, hopefully Murdrock's crystal ball is correct and the new Redemption Cemetery will appear tomorrow.

Time will tell...

You know, maybe that's why cll1950 mentioned that there was no DD posted yet for today - may this is a mistake? Can we get our hopes up again??

Go to: