honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

This Game is From 2009

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 10, 11 1:45 AM
Why is this game TGT when there are post from April 2009 about it and what players thought. It is an old game. Check it out for yourself @
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/31274.page

Even if it wasn't released on this site I think it's just awful - literally and figuratively - that the game should be released as a TGT. At this point it shouldn't be anything but a DD or free

Happy Gaming All
Honey

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:This Game is From 2009

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Aug 10, 11 2:01 AM
It is new to BFG.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 10, 11 2:03 AM
It's not a new game and in BFG it was talked about in 2009. I guess what you consider new and what many of us consider new is totally different.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Aug 10, 11 2:06 AM
But it is new to BFG.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Aug 10, 11 2:20 AM
I just want to add we didn't have this outcry when Syberia was released a full 6 YEARS after it first came out. Nor Scratches, released here last year, first out in 2006.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 10, 11 2:35 AM
Well sweetie...there's an "outcry" as you call it, now. When I joined BFG I did so because it promised A New Game Everyday! I have no control over why people did or didn't speak up when other "old" games were released but I am speaking up now. The premise we should be able to expect is a "new" game - not one that is a few or several years old. Games that have been out for a few years should be put in soft release while reserving the TGT space for "New" games. And really, it's getting old when people say, it's a new game to BFG. That is a poor excuse to release any old game and classify it as TGT.
Happy Gaming

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 10, 11 2:46 AM
honeyg412 wrote:Well sweetie...there's an "outcry" as you call it, now. When I joined BFG I did so because it promised A New Game Everyday! I have no control over why people did or didn't speak up when other "old" games were released but I am speaking up now. The premise we should be able to expect is a "new" game - not one that is a few or several years old. Games that have been out for a few years should be put in soft release while reserving the TGT space for "New" games. And really, it's getting old when people say, it's a new game to BFG. That is a poor excuse to release any old game and classify it as TGT.
Happy Gaming

I wholeheartedly agree! This practice of foisting older games as new is not truth in advertising. Please discontinue this practice.
"Is new to BFG" doesn't cut the mustard. The fans deserve better.

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 2:47:34 AM PST

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 10, 11 2:53 AM
aalaurie wrote:
honeyg412 wrote:Well sweetie...there's an "outcry" as you call it, now. When I joined BFG I did so because it promised A New Game Everyday! I have no control over why people did or didn't speak up when other "old" games were released but I am speaking up now. The premise we should be able to expect is a "new" game - not one that is a few or several years old. Games that have been out for a few years should be put in soft release while reserving the TGT space for "New" games. And really, it's getting old when people say, it's a new game to BFG. That is a poor excuse to release any old game and classify it as TGT.
Happy Gaming

I wholeheartedly agree! This practice of foisting older games as new is not truth in advertising. Please discontinue this practice.
"Is new to BFG" doesn't cut the mustard. The fans deserve better.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 10, 11 4:24 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:I just want to add we didn't have this outcry when Syberia was released a full 6 YEARS after it first came out. Nor Scratches, released here last year, first out in 2006.

Good point, Purplerabbit... I agree!

I'm pleased BFG offers those games along with many other great ones previously released elsewhere.
E.g., Nancy Drews, Clockwork Man, ALAWAR's games, AWEM's games, the Sherlock Holmes LFGs, etc.

So, I've no issue myself with the "new to BFG."
Besides, BFG does get a lot of exclusives & if it got one daily, no doubt majority would be Collector's Editions, which is something that I'd have to support an "outcry" over!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 10, 11 5:36 AM
this is my second post, same as the first....i got the 'giggles' ...i did the demo and realized from the first screenshot to the 'collect these items' it surely was not a currently produced game ...have been member for only 18 mo., never been to any other game sites, never will cuz is best....and...my only thoughts at the moment was a good beginner game for a kid...no buy and no rating...its just 'cute'

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 10, 11 6:24 AM
Regardless of when the game was originally released, it's new to me. I don't trawl other game sites; my Game Club membership keeps me with BFG. So it's an old game; so what? Get over it. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully something brand new that will please those complaining about today's game.

To release a completely new game every day would be almost impossible, I would think. If it's new to BFG, then it's not wrong to advertise it as such. And it's a game, not that important in the scheme of things.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Aug 10, 11 6:31 AM
Just because it was released in 2009 doesn't mean it was available to BF at that time. Developers have the right to list a game with whatever group they want. It just might be that this game was not made available to BF until now. So in that case it would be new to BF. Just saying!!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 10, 11 7:20 AM
I'm fine with the policy of a "new" game everyday meaning
new to this site. While this one might not be to my liking,
I was thrilled to get "Clockwork Man" the other day.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Aug 10, 11 8:16 AM
This new old, old new game didnot interest me, waiting for tomorrow CE.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Aug 10, 11 8:18 AM
joyce2121 wrote:I'm fine with the policy of a "new" game everyday meaning
new to this site. While this one might not be to my liking,
I was thrilled to get "Clockwork Man" the other day.

I love, love, The Clockwork Man, too. And if you're thrilled with it, wait 'til you play the second one in the series, which has been out for some time now.

I've played some terrific, cutting-edge new games that aren't available at BFG, and may never be. Or, as it appears now, if they are someday, it'll be quite awhile later.

Everyone's free to make their own choices, but I've never seen the value of shopping at only one store for anything. Not when there are other stores that have great stuff and are easy and safe to shop in. I've never limited my clothing, shoe, nor even food selections to just one store. But that's just my personal choice.

However, when a tired old game like this clunker is released in the featured TGT slot at BFG, I kinda think it says a lot about what's going on at this store. I suspect that BFG had to do a lot of negotiating to get a premiere game like Clockwork Man--some developers, and rightfully so, can be very selective about where their hard work is presented.

It's kinda like going to the grocery store and finding floppy, wilted, cram-produced old lettuce pushed as the fresh produce from an organic farm. I'm just going to go ah-huh and go get lettuce somewhere else.

I come here for *my* benefit--to find and buy the best games at the best prices or promotional offers that I can. It's the same reason I shop elsewhere. I'm not going steady with any game store, don't feel emotionally attached to any game store. When I find that I can buy full games, on the discs with packaging, for less than $6.99, of course I'll buy them. When I find game collections, or new, wonderful games at good prices, I'll buy 'em where I find 'em.

In short--I'm looking for profit, both in fun from quality games and saving money--for *me*, not some corporate entity. I don't regard BFG as some charity that "deserves" to be paid extra for anything--the'yre a multi-billion-dollar entity. I save my "charity" money for charities.

It's interesting that recently, BFG has had a string of older games as their "new" game in the TGT slot. What's brought this under fishie scrutiny is the really old, not very good game offered today. My ? is--is BFG being left behind in today's market?

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 8:46:11 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 10, 11 9:23 AM
Hey folks!

If you're looking to chat with other fishies about this game, please swim on over to the thread titled 'Jessica Secret of the Caribbean ' and join in on the conversation already in progress.

If you're interested in posting a review for this game, please do so in the official 'Reviews' thread stickied at the top the Jessica Secret of the Caribbean Forum page.

To keep things tidy in here, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to re-post your thoughts in one of the above threads.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: