Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:lions heads

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 10, 11 1:44 PM
Hey newbe5,

Welcome to the pond! According to the walkthrough:

# Look close at the bench on the left.

# Using the code from the arched wall (I), turn the first set of three heads (J).

# Solution; turn the heads so that the A shape on the top of the lion heads match the direction of the A in the code. See screenshot for our random solution.

I also grabbed the screenshot to help you along. Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by nanabette225 on Aug 10, 11 5:06 PM
I followed the directions from the walkthru and it is not working what is going wrong. Also the walkthru shows an outline for the ring over the sarcoficus but the walkthru says place the ring on the lions head. neither works. whats up

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 10, 11 10:01 PM
SPOILERS ALERT:

There are six lions' heads which must be adjusted, in order for the solo lion (sitting alone between the two shadows on the wall where the small sarcophagi go), to open its mouth, to accept the ring that is found at the bottom of the water fountain. Three of the lions' heads are on the left side of the staircase (next to the bench), while the other three lions' heads are on the very far right of the staircase (past the single lion's head wall), next to the mailbox.

On the wall with the single lion's head, there are six symbols to be found on the lower left corner of the wall. These six symbols represent the positions the six lions' heads should be turn into, in order for the single lion to open his mouth. The first 3 symbols represent the placements that the lions' heads on the left side of the staircase must be put into, while the remaining 3 symbols indicate how the lions' heads on the very far right of the scene (by the mailbox), must be positioned.

Where everyone tends to get confused (including myself), is deciding which part of the "V" shape represents which part of any lion's head. I ASSUMED that the TWO ENDS represented the lions' ears or eyes and that the one point on the "V" shape, represented the lions' chin. However, when I followed this ASSUMPTION, it didn't get the solo lion to open his mouth. Thus, it dawned on me that the OPPOSITE of my first ASSUMPTION was probably correct.

When I tested it out (the single point on the "V" shape representing the TOP of the lion's head, with the two points representing his jaw points), it worked just fine. The solo lion opened his mouth, I inserted the ring I found in the bottom of the water fountain, and the door to the hidden archive library was opened up (after I placed both of the sarcophagi into their "shadow" spots, that is).

This was the strategy that worked for me. Hopefully, it will help all of you frustrated gamers, as well. I wasn't aware that a Walkthrough existed, so I haven't looked at it yet, to see how it was displaying the lions' heads. Best wishes to all of you! This is a VERY long game, so you'll need all of the patience you can get!

Rainbow

[Post New]by tonnyput on Aug 15, 11 9:34 AM
even with this beautifull explanation I cannot get pass the heads. tried every combination. started all over again, but no results.
frustrating, how do I get on in this game?

tonny

[Post New]by pattya58 on Aug 20, 11 8:30 AM
Oh my gosh! what is the dang blasted secret to get past those lions heads..I have tried so many combinations that I am bout to pull my hair out..LOL does anyone have the secret to heads...I dont know what else to do...HELP!!! LOL I sure aint gonna start over again..what is the darn solution LOL

Patty

embersob
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by embersob on Aug 21, 11 8:03 AM
I followed Rainbows suggestion, no result. I've tried every combination available but no go. I've spent 2 days on this and am now stopping as I did on the bento boxes in a nancy drew game. Both are impossible on my computer. $$$$refund?

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Aug 22, 11 5:10 PM
I too am so frustrated - I have followed every instruction posted and still cannot get it to work.

Please, please someone help me out here!

Many thanks.

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Aug 29, 11 7:32 PM
Please please help me - I cannot move on from the lion heads - followed all instructions given and read and reread walkthrough. I even unistalled and reinstalled!!

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED!

[Post New]by Lady_Shooter on Sep 5, 11 12:35 PM
I had so much trouble but after reading some of these infos...I figured it out !
when looking at the letter A...figure the ring part as the top (point) of A...and also, dont try to do 3 heads alone...you have to do 3 then the other 3 (alltogether..) that is the big HIC...hope it helps you...I was getting soooooooooo frustrated !!!

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Sep 7, 11 8:55 PM
Lady Shooter - Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Go to: