DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Redemption Cemetary: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 11, 11 12:30 AM
Hi there,

Before the nitpicking starts regarding the name of the game released here and the name on the dev's site (Forgotten Ancestry), lets's hope "A Game by Any Other Name Will Smell As Sweet". Apologies to William S for the paraphrasing!!

If this game is a worthy follow-up to the delightful, albeit concerning for some regarding the premise of the first story, it should contain a number of stories about persons buried in the cementary that you need to assist.

I have only minimal prior information about this game at this time - most sites I trust have been tight-lipped so to speak - but I am sure there are either people who have beta tested or played this game elsewhere who I hope will give us an insight as to its merits. However, as with all of ERS games, I would assume that the graphics etc are of the finest quality - my personal major beef with their games of late have been with the CE extras. Usually there is no need for a Stratagy Guide and the extra game play has been somewhat on the brief side of late. I hope this is not the case with this game. I thought the first game was great.

(I myself would have preffered that ERS released the sequl to Haunted Halls first - I really want to rescue Tim!!)

Cheers

Edited to add: For those of us who save our games on a drive other than C: please remember to start up the GM before you dl and change your drive as this has not yet been fixed.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 12:33:35 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Redemption Cemetary: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 11, 11 1:44 AM
Hi there,
I posted this elsewhere in this forum, but thought it might also be pertinent to repeat it here.

Have those of you who have experienced a loss of service so to speak since the new GM was installed filled out the survey?
As far as I am concerned, the more people who reply in an "official" manner, the better and maybe the problems can be identified. The URL for the survey is listed below.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/173294.page

Hey, the more input BFG receive, the more knowledge they have regarding our different beefs/problems. Please make sure that you at least list all of your problems/comments in the comments box (page 3 I think) - it is expandable!! LOL

Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 11, 11 1:52 AM
Nitpicking?? Not from me... with any luck, it is two games! Too optimistic?
Ah... I have been waiting for this one, the wait is over and it is great so far... I am happy. A few good dialog chuckles and one classic game moment already... it's looking good. On that note... tally-h0... it's back to the game.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Aug 11, 11 2:40 AM
What does it mean when it says windows shut down and are looking for a fix? Anyone tell me? Or what I can do about it?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 11, 11 5:03 AM
I was very happy to see this game and eager to play and even considered buying the CE because I didn't want to wait for the SE. Then....then I tried to use the SG. Frankly, it stinks. There's no way I'm going to pay a CE price for a strategy guide that is almost completely unhelpful. I admit it freely. I do often use the SG in games. That would be the main reason for me to buy a CE. Not this one. I will just have to impatiently wait until the SE is released and I am not happy.

Game so far:
Guide so far:

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 11, 11 5:28 AM
And here I thought it was a surprise game...lol. Was just on ERS's game site yesterday and didn't see this game listed. Now you've clarified that for me. Looking forward to playing this one!

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Aug 11, 11 6:33 AM
Hi DLO.
This is off topic so firstly, for 'Big Brother'-BF' I've DLd trial and about to play when I've answered all the e-mails from CS. about the new GM and a game prob from months ago. I'm on my 3rd person! It's being passed up the ladder! My complaint re. new GM was passed to GM team and CS is working with them. They are working on all our complaints and working for a fix ASAP. They really do seem to be listening to us and trying to please us all which will be quite a feat. The CS team are top class and a pleasure to deal with. I also have to do the feed back request they sent me. That should be fun
Have to decide...Play trial...answer e-mails...play trial....answer.......................

Ellie

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Aug 11, 11 6:43 AM
After downloading for 5 1/2 hours (darn the new GM!!), I can finally play it. I hope it's as good as the previous one for that log download!

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Aug 11, 11 8:31 AM
I agree with jennsmom. I buy the CE's for the guide also, and this guide is worthless for me.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Aug 11, 11 8:33 AM
Im a big ERS fan but I am passing this one up, I think. First of all it is not wide screen and that is very important to me for finding the objects. I cant convert my monitor to some of those suggested settings to get wide screen. Have 1600 by 900 for Widescreen. Other Redemption Cemeteries were wide screen and worked with that. The Cursor is sticky and having problems picking up some objects. The transition arrows are also sluggish from location to location. The SG doesnt move along with the game. Always takes me back to the beginning and start flipping pages again. No logic to the first 2 two puzzles and that is as far as I have gotten. It is definitely my type of game but not worth the hassle. However I will continue to read the reviews and if it seems to get better I will give it another chance. I hate to pass this one up. Like everyone else my problems started with the new game manager whether that is the problem or not. Still cant get Nightmare as Sea to work so I wont be buying for a while, no explanation, no refund.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 11, 11 8:33 AM
jennsmom wrote:I was very happy to see this game and eager to play and even considered buying the CE because I didn't want to wait for the SE. Then....then I tried to use the SG. Frankly, it stinks. There's no way I'm going to pay a CE price for a strategy guide that is almost completely unhelpful. I admit it freely. I do often use the SG in games. That would be the main reason for me to buy a CE. Not this one. I will just have to impatiently wait until the SE is released and I am not happy.

Game so far:
Guide so far:

I can't blame you for that. I want to know why the ones that have finished the game don't do a walkthrough. Sometimes the walkthroughs are better than the SG's.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 11, 11 8:36 AM
puzzle_player wrote:I agree with jennsmom. I buy the CE's for the guide also, and this guide is worthless for me.

Me too. I just can't figure out why there is no walkthrough for the game yet. They by far outshine the SG's everytime, but also depends on what web site you obtain them.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Aug 11, 11 9:18 AM
I like the game so far and will probably buy it. The only complaint I have so far is the guide. It does not go back to the page you used last. It goes back to the home page and I have to click click to get to where I left off. Also, why a CE game each week? Wow!

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Aug 11, 11 9:34 AM
crazy8club wrote:
puzzle_player wrote:I agree with jennsmom. I buy the CE's for the guide also, and this guide is worthless for me.

Me too. I just can't figure out why there is no walkthrough for the game yet. They by far outshine the SG's everytime, but also depends on what web site you obtain them.

While I try to NOT use them, and didn't buy my few CEs for them, I don't think this one is worthless. Is there some brick wall you hit that you can not get past? I can see if it doesn't help one progress through the game at all it might be called worthless.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Aug 11, 11 9:48 AM
Okay, here's my personal beef with this developer; for those of us who like/need the strategy guides, its a bit of a pain in the neck to have to find the page you left off at every time. With all the other developers you can be back at the page you were last. Its like they don't know what a bookmark is.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Aug 11, 11 10:16 AM
jerseyd1 wrote:Okay, here's my personal beef with this developer; for those of us who like/need the strategy guides, its a bit of a pain in the neck to have to find the page you left off at every time. With all the other developers you can be back at the page you were last. Its like they don't know what a bookmark is.

Have to agree that no bookmark could be a PITA. I have seen some that don't even have a chapter or some other index so if you used page 3 and want to use it 4 hours later you have no choice but to turn over all the pages between then and now.

Still am not sure if that is why someone says the SG is worthless though.

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Aug 11, 11 11:05 AM
I beta'd 'Forgotten Ancestry' here at BFG and this is the same game now with a new name here. Regardless, I really enjoyed the beta and am off to download now.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 11, 11 11:36 AM
does anyone have any lehgth estimates yet?

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 11, 11 12:12 PM
i played the demo and did not have any problems with the SG,nor any porblems with the new GM, with that said try to hang in there they will have a fix the game is worth waiting on the fix..
LOved everything about the game

[Post New]by dmc5808 on Aug 11, 11 12:17 PM
I am having the same problem as greeneyes 488. Game keeps shutting down with the same message.

Go to: