TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 11, 11 12:57 AM
Finally, the game that i'm waiting for - i love the first one and i also love this one (even more than the first one). Same as other ERS games, it's dark and eerie with some spooky atmosphere in the game, story is great, music are also great. Graphics are awesome, maybe the best graphics for this Cemetery type of game? Puzzles are interesting enough, HOG scenes are also very good.... Bought it with no doubt, definitely worth the price

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A
Music: A
Puzzles: A*
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 3:55:55 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nomatt on Aug 11, 11 1:12 AM
Another gem from ERS, and that's beginning to loose it's edge. Problem is that within a few minutes of playing it was obviously that, another ERS game. Yes they are very well made, excellent graphics and all the other things people rightly praise them for. Trouble is it's exactly the same as all their other games, the same game mechanics make it feel like just another chapter in a long book. I'm not knocking it but something a little different would be nice.

ps, Although it downloaded quite quickly for a change, I have to uninstall it, I DON'T WANT MY GAMES ON C!!!!! sigh.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 11, 11 1:16 AM
Well this is a dark and eerie game, no surprises considering the title! Once I got past the 'I've seen this before, yawn, yawn', it does look like a good offering into this type of game.
There is a lot of puzzles, some different.
There is a casual mode (sparkles) and an advanced mode (no sparkles). The hidden object scenes some were nicely done (not really junk pile), and the usual interactive, which by now is coming standard for hidden object scenes.

The story isn't grabbing at all (yawn), but that doesn't really bother me. There is voice overs (but nitpicking here, the young voice doesn't match the older face.)

But what really got me, is when you click on 'extras', they won't tell you what they are!! So they want you to buy the game, not knowing how long the bonus game is (the strategy guide only gives the first 3 chapters) and not knowing what or if is there any extra content, bar art!

So this is a good game, and I look forward to when the SE version comes out and I will buy it. But not telling you what you are buying in extra content, and lately being disappointed in the CE content - I have no problem waiting a month and enjoying a good game.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 11, 11 1:21 AM
This series is Awsome! And of course this edition is absolutely amazing. The graphics are the best of the best. So crisp and clear, you'll feel like your there. The story is intrigueing and interesting. The animations are the best you'll ever see in any game. All the options that you could want are here in this game.

When you think about the kind of work that went into a game like this, you say to yourself, it's worth the money. Of course this is a must have game. Even if you have to save up to get it. When you get this kind of quality in a game, it holds your interest so long,you don't want the game to end. If only all games could be this good. This is a buy for me and should be for many others. Don't pass on this kind of quality and gameplay. It's a must have.

Note to developers: Great Job, absolutely amazing. Standing Ovation to you!

Of course it gets my best rating: "FINE SWINE" and now your mine. lol

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 11, 11 1:52 AM
nomatt wrote:
ps, Although it downloaded quite quickly for a change, I have to uninstall it, I DON'T WANT MY GAMES ON C!!!!! sigh.
You can choose for anorther driver.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 11, 11 2:00 AM
nomatt wrote:Another gem from ERS, and that's beginning to loose it's edge. Problem is that within a few minutes of playing it was obviously that, another ERS game. Yes they are very well made, excellent graphics and all the other things people rightly praise them for. Trouble is it's exactly the same as all their other games, the same game mechanics make it feel like just another chapter in a long book. I'm not knocking it but something a little different would be nice.

I have seen this gripe by other players as well... The problem may be that there are still a lot of us who really enjoy their games, don't think they are the "same old, same old" when we play them and I imagine that as long as there are players out there (me included) who still love their product, they will keep producing it. I am loving the game so far and have had a couple of good dialog chuckles (yep, typical ERS ) and one classic game playing moment already (yep, typical ERS ). The graphics are awesome, the game play is fun, the story is interesting - it's a great game me thinks! Yep, all typical ERS!! So, keep 'em coming ERS... I am still a HUGE fan!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Aug 11, 11 2:05 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
nomatt wrote:

And I do, when I remember, D'oh!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 11, 11 2:37 AM
nomatt wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
nomatt wrote:

lol nomatt Same here. I have one I downloaded the other day and forgot to change the settings and have it go to my "F" drive so now I'll have to move it. I started installing this game and forgot to change to chage it to the F drive and stopped the installation and trashed it and then change the drive letter. I hope they fix this soon.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 11, 11 2:49 AM
I like this game so far. The hour seemed to go by fast. I was still in the first "chapter" I haven't gone into the Cathedral yet. It has great graphics and the eerie music is fitting since it's it an eerie game. I am thinking about getting it. I am going to read some more reviews first.

I think people tend to forget that not all of the graphics in a game are going to be bright and shiny. They need to be fitting for the game. If you're in a cemetery for example, then the graphics need to give it that look and feel. Cemeteries in games are usually dark and eerie so the graphics need to be a little dark and eerie as well. It makes it look more realistic.

I am playing the advanced mode. There are no sparkles where there might be a hidden objects scene or a direction you need to go in. I find the game more enjoyable that way. It makes it more challenging, which is what I want in a game...challenges.

Have a great CE Thursday everyone!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 11, 11 3:37 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
nomatt wrote:

When I download on Internet Explorer, I can run and not save/install. IE is giving me fits about some things, and I now have Firefox, but to download games, I'm still using IE.

The game looks like a good one. I love ERS and hope this is as enjoyable as the first Redemption Cemetery.

swtndsr2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by swtndsr2 on Aug 11, 11 3:44 AM
Wonderful game !!! Keep them coming ERS !!!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 11, 11 3:44 AM
After I was stuck like most of us at 17% of the trial, I decided that I won't waste my time on trials (336 Mega), but will jump into the cold water, and buy the game.

For my surprise, till 700 Mega, the download was fast, without any problem. But for the rest 58 Mega, I had to wait an hour... At least I already have the game, I won't pass any ERS game, even if you hang me on a tall tree...

I agree with TeamSD, shadowfax, and our "Fine Swine" fishie (each time I laugh, Miss Lisa! ).

Wonderful game, great graphics, and fast change of the hints. ERS!

But, very uncomfortable Strategy Guide!!! - half point minus, TeamSD...A instead of A*... It doesn't leave you on the place you have been, and each time I have to scroll and search the place I was. I hope that ERS will fix this - really annoying...at least for me, because I always use the SG

10 chapters, and a bonus chapter - seems to be quite long game.

Thanks ERS, Thanks BF!

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Aug 11, 11 3:53 AM
nomatt wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
nomatt wrote:

Why are you complaining when the problem is with you and not the game?

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 11, 11 3:55 AM
Hey fishies,

Thanks for opening the thread, I've just gone ahead to sticky it.

What do you think of Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 11, 11 3:57 AM
I agree with TeamSD, shadowfax, and our "Fine Swine" fishie (each time I laugh, Miss Lisa! ).

Thanks Rebeca_Lily,
This was my intentions when I came up with my terms. I'm so glad to see so many loving this game, like myself. It's awsome.

Happy Gaming Fishies!

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Aug 11, 11 3:58 AM
Yes there was a long download but, I end up playing another game and at a critical point GM cuts in the allow permission the DL game.
Other than that I have feeling this will be a good one, Graphics are clean and the game play is not too easy on regular mode.
I had to use my brain. 45 mins for trial. A dilemma has arisen as I have just bought another CE. Oh woe is me what shall I do.
Housework or game what shall it be!!!

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 3:59:23 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Aug 11, 11 4:15 AM
glb613 wrote:Why are you complaining when the problem is with you and not the game?

I wasn't complaining, and yes, the 'fault' is mine. I was just pointing out that the GM still hasn't been fixed.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Aug 11, 11 4:49 AM
10 chapters and a bonus chapter - hmm, I am suffering the dilemma too, lol.

I like the game, but was a bit miffed at not being able to see what the extras were without buying first - very naughty, ERS

My other gripe, as someone already mentioned the-not-so-integrated Strategy Guide! I am one who often needs to use it, and to have to start from the very beginning - every single time - is very annoying

Now I have to decide if I get the CE or just wait for the SE and the Walkthrough - which of course, would be much less stressful, lol.

Jen

KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KelLew34 on Aug 11, 11 4:58 AM

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 11, 11 5:30 AM
I absolutely loved this demo! The Hidden Object scenes are excellent as are the mini games. Hints and skips are all available and fill relatively quick. The graphics are great and the voice overs well done.

For me there was a definite twist after the first chapter. Really liked that!
Speaking of chapters . It's a good thing that I read the reviews because I thought there were only 3. That's all you can see in the strategy guide during the demo. From the reviews I take it there are 10. I wasn't going to buy for that reason but now I will.
The strategy guide leaves a bit to be desired. You have to click through to find your place each time you use it. Bad ERS!

I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about this so far. Strategy guide aside. Some may say that it's an overused story line but I have never much cared what the story is as long as the play is good. And it is!

I would definitely recommend advanced mode unless you want to fly through it but you better be on your toes. Casual gives you the(to some) dreaded sparkles to lead your way.

I really think this is a must have for any Adventure/ Hidden Object addict.

Go to: