bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition! August 11, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 11, 11 10:32 AM
We have a new version of Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition available now. This new version fixes the following issues:

- Chapter 2: After oiling the engine the lever can't be pulled and the oil is gone from your inventory

- Rifle (used to subdue the demon) has wrong name in inventory

- Chapter 3: Sepia Puzzle (portrait): Game will hard lock after trying to play this game

*If these problems persist, you may want to try starting over with a new player profile in order for all changes to take effect.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and thank you for your patience as these issues were being fixed. You can get this version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 1:32:23 PM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition! August 11, 2011.

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Aug 11, 11 11:35 AM
Okay so I had already uninstalled it for the third time and when I reinstalled the game, and didn't change the profile it took me right back to the serpia puzzle and froze again.

I don't think that this game is fixed and I think that BFG is going to lost customers if this sort of thing doesn't stop. We are paying way to much for these games to get this sort of return for our money.

I have uninstalled the game for the fourth time and I will not be reinstalling it. I would prefer a credit for another collector's edition game instead. Maybe you should take this game out of circulation until the bugs are fixed and you can be sure that it plays like it should.

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition! August 11, 2011.

[Post New]by lpydyn on Aug 11, 11 4:59 PM
I also have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, How can I tell if I have the correct version>

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Aug 11, 11 5:24 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled. Game loaded and I started from where I left off.....frozen. Going to have to restart the game from the beginning.

Maybe the fix is only if you install the new version and start the game with a new profile.

Edit: Just replayed up and past that part. Can't actually say it was the new versionor not as a few others have posted that starting with a new profile got them through.

Good luck to you all.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 7:39:15 PM PST

[Post New]by StormingWolf on Aug 12, 11 3:30 PM
Won't let me shoot gun at door lock. Strategy guide says to, hint says to and yet, it won't. Just keeps telling me that 'this won't work', 'try something else', etc. There isn't anything else to try. This is after a redown load of the game today. She did check for updates on this game, and her game manager didn't show one, but having read about it here, we unistalled and redownloaded from her purchase history. She would talk about it herself, but is currently 'incommunicado'. But I am not

[Post New]by geetbaazi on Aug 14, 11 8:18 PM
i played the trial version then liked enough to buy it. It is taking forever to download. It is soooooooooooooooo slow.... is this a problem?
I would love an answer

[Post New]by PRINCESSWIMMER24 on Aug 15, 11 3:09 PM
I uninstalled/reinstalled this game as it was stated to do so. Still stuck in the same place. I will try once again and this time create a new profile. I agree with others though. The game shouldn't be put out if its not ready. This game has become such a hassle that I'm not even sure if I want to play it anymore. But, since I know y'all aren't going to refund my credits, I am going to try once again. Very Frustrated!!!!

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition! August 11, 2011.

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Aug 19, 11 6:52 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition available now. This new version fixes the following issues:

- Chapter 2: After oiling the engine the lever can't be pulled and the oil is gone from your inventory

- Rifle (used to subdue the demon) has wrong name in inventory

- Chapter 3: Sepia Puzzle (portrait): Game will hard lock after trying to play this game

*If these problems persist, you may want to try starting over with a new player profile in order for all changes to take effect.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and thank you for your patience as these issues were being fixed. You can get this version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Aug 19, 11 6:53 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I still cant get it. I already oiled it and I already put the lever in. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Aug 19, 11 6:54 PM
and yes. I already purchased the game. Frustrated

[Post New]by barb026 on Aug 21, 11 3:55 PM
It is now August 21st. I have uninstalled reinstalled and the porrtait is still froze. What now

[Post New]by chloeflirt on Aug 22, 11 10:06 AM
The same happened to me, have restarted 3 times,
They might have fixed the oil, etc but now I am stuck (where I got pass the other 3 times) with the puzzle box that is in the aquarium, it shows that I have 5/3 pieces and will not let me apply the puzzle pieces. I liked the game but now I want a refund. If we have so many problems only in the first 2 chapters imagine the rest.
I diffinetely want a refund.

[Post New]by HanaHeart on Aug 25, 11 9:50 AM
Hi, I downloaded the game few days ago but I after I hit the skeleton bird to get half of the medallion in the church's basement, the game crashes down....Please, help me. I tried to play with New player but still the same.
my laptop is MAC Lion

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Jan 9, 12 10:50 AM
Well, I just purchased this game a few days ago, so I would think it IS the updated version. However, I'm stuck in the basement at the mechanism--lever in and oiled but still getting the message about requiring both oil and lever. Not good. Not good at all.

[Post New]by Tric1a on Jan 24, 12 9:57 AM
I have just purchased this game 22/01/2012 and After oiling the engine the lever can't be pulled and the oil is gone from my inventory

Can you please send the patch or refund

[Post New]by repmut on Apr 29, 13 11:52 PM
bs-don't you people read the forums? I have tried to download the so-called update several times and all that happens is that I wind up in the same place with the same problem. The lever won't move and the oil can is gone.
Every blog I go on it is the same thing. Pat yourself on the back for charging money for nothing but you just lost a customer

Go to: