bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Aug 11, 11 7:02 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 11:44:27 AM PST

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Aug 11, 11 9:20 PM
If I uninstall the game to get the updated version cause the SG crashes when I attempt to look at it in chapter 3 will I lose all my game and have to start over?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 12, 11 2:47 AM
I played the trial version for half an hour, and then bought the full version. While installing, I got an unexpected shutdown (blue screen horror), and when my computer had recovered, and I still had the trial version on my Game Manager and uninstalled it, I was told that THIS GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT !

I own a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop and NEVER before had any problems with any of the ERS games. So now I have to contact CS and ask for my money back. I just can`t believe this, especially since the trial version worked.

ETA: I would like to make a suggestion: Is it possible to add at the main page of each game where we can find the system requirements, whether a game is actually compatible with 64-bit? Because it seems that there is quite a difference between Win7, 32-bit and Win7, 64-bit. And this is now the second game in a short space of time which gave me a blue screen and told me the game was incomplatible with 64-bit.
So instead of getting a near heart attack, I`d rather know beforehand whether I can or cannot install the game.

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 4:17:47 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 12, 11 2:52 AM
rugrats299 wrote:If I uninstall the game to get the updated version cause the SG crashes when I attempt to look at it in chapter 3 will I lose all my game and have to start over?

Hi there rugrats,
Usually your game status (profile) is OK with an update and you should be able to continue on from whence you left off.
Cheers.
PS I hope you don't strike the same problem as Valdy did. I won't be updating myself at this stage as the only problem I have had was when I tested the SG to see if the problems would be the same for me as others had experienced.

Edited on 08/12/2011 at 2:53:08 AM PST

[Post New]by clbtc27 on Aug 12, 11 9:19 AM
Ok i bought and installed the game, however i canot seem to open it and play, each time i try to i get an error message saying it is not compatible with windows and it has shut down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didnt work. other games are working fine. I am currently trying the uninstall again. any suggestions?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 12, 11 9:37 AM
clbtc27 wrote:Ok i bought and installed the game, however i canot seem to open it and play, each time i try to i get an error message saying it is not compatible with windows and it has shut down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didnt work. other games are working fine. I am currently trying the uninstall again. any suggestions?

Hi there...

Did you read my post? I got a blue screen horror coming up and an unexpected shutdown, and when I deleted the trial that was still on my Game Manager after buying the game, I got a message saying: incompatible with 64-bit.
I have a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Linochka on Aug 12, 11 9:43 AM
Valdy wrote:
clbtc27 wrote:Ok i bought and installed the game, however i canot seem to open it and play, each time i try to i get an error message saying it is not compatible with windows and it has shut down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didnt work. other games are working fine. I am currently trying the uninstall again. any suggestions?

Hi there...

Did you read my post? I got a blue screen horror coming up and an unexpected shutdown, and when I deleted the trial that was still on my Game Manager after buying the game, I got a message saying: incompatible with 64-bit.
I have a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop.

Strange.I am using Window7 64 bits desktop and game is working perfectly.
are you sure it's a game and not computer?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 12, 11 12:29 PM
rolltide01 wrote:Am I the only one who is having a lag time between scenes?

Nope, same here. VERY noticeable pauses until we finally change scenes!

And the SG doesn't open up where one left it. Definite glitch IMO also, esp. when it just was repaired.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 12, 11 12:45 PM
Hey clbtc27, you might want to write in to Tech Support with a screenshot of the error message you're receiving. As you're waiting for a response, feel free to take a look at the suggested steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those of you experiencing a lag in the game, you might also want to take a look at the help article above, or you can see if uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Aug 12, 11 1:01 PM
rolltide01 wrote:Am I the only one who is having a lag time between scenes? I have never had this problem before.

ERS games are notorious for this problem. Check the technical thread for almost any of their other games and you will find plenty of users who have the cursor lag, really slow screen load/switch times, etc.

This is something ERS has repeatedly IGNORED. I have written directly to ERS twice, and gotten complete silence. (not even a "form email"). Almost every game they put out causes this problem with many, many users, but since not ALL users have the problem (a good majority probably do not), obviously ERS seems to think they can just ignore it.

Since I can't play any of their newer games w/out having these lag issues, lately I haven't even been trying the demo's. I certainly don't buy the games.

But what do they care? Plenty of people still do; so why fix a problem.

Sorry for the rant but it really annoys me that every single game they put out continues to have this problem.

And no it's not my computer because other games (even more "sophisticated' than theirs) work fine.

P.S. Oh, and don't bother expecting BF to fix this lag problem. They can't.

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Aug 12, 11 2:47 PM
Um- still waiting to hear a fix for the incorrect download problem. At least one other Fish reported this as well as me. BFG incorrectly downloaded the first Redemption Cemetery Game instead of the one I actually purchased. And 36 hours later Im still waiting for a first response....

given
Herring
Herring
369 Posts

[Post New]by given on Aug 12, 11 2:53 PM
Got the same lag problem and it's a no buy because the lag drives me crazy! To bad, I did want it.

No buy for me.....

[Post New]by ImASweetP on Aug 12, 11 3:31 PM
I had to download twice for it to accept my name. Then there are lags between moves to other areas and then it locks up and I have to reboot to start all over. I am disappointed as I like the story, but won't pay the price for CE till it gets fixes repaired. Too bad!

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Aug 12, 11 4:58 PM
Valdy wrote:I played the trial version for half an hour, and then bought the full version. While installing, I got an unexpected shutdown (blue screen horror), and when my computer had recovered, and I still had the trial version on my Game Manager and uninstalled it, I was told that THIS GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT !

I own a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop and NEVER before had any problems with any of the ERS games. So now I have to contact CS and ask for my money back. I just can`t believe this, especially since the trial version worked.

ETA: I would like to make a suggestion: Is it possible to add at the main page of each game where we can find the system requirements, whether a game is actually compatible with 64-bit? Because it seems that there is quite a difference between Win7, 32-bit and Win7, 64-bit. And this is now the second game in a short space of time which gave me a blue screen and told me the game was incomplatible with 64-bit.
So instead of getting a near heart attack, I`d rather know beforehand whether I can or cannot install the game.

I have Vista 32-bit and played the trial version for 17 minutes and got the "blue screen of death" and mandatory unexpected shutdown as well. Am now going to uninstall and not buy, pity really...I too have played other ERS games without this type of trouble. Not worth downloading...

Great idea Valdy about the system requirements, hope BFG listens. Happy Gaming all! Enjoy the game, looked to be a good one.

lakegurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lakegurl on Aug 12, 11 10:09 PM
Every problem I have ever had with a game has been an ERS game. This one is no exception. Will not run on my computer- at all. It is beyond frustrating, and quite unfortunate, because I am more than certain I would have purchased every single one of their Collector's Editions were they not fraught with problems.

No, it's not my computer, and yes, I have a ridiculous number of games, all working fine, thank you very much.

Sigh....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 13, 11 12:03 AM
jpflier wrote:
Valdy wrote:I played the trial version for half an hour, and then bought the full version. While installing, I got an unexpected shutdown (blue screen horror), and when my computer had recovered, and I still had the trial version on my Game Manager and uninstalled it, I was told that THIS GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT !

I have Vista 32-bit and played the trial version for 17 minutes and got the "blue screen of death" and mandatory unexpected shutdown as well. Am now going to uninstall and not buy, pity really...I too have played other ERS games without this type of trouble. Not worth downloading...

Great idea Valdy about the system requirements, hope BFG listens. Happy Gaming all! Enjoy the game, looked to be a good one.

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you experienced this as well. It`s something that gives me a near heart attack when it happens. And I am so surprised this happened to one of ERS` games, because I own all of their games and never had this problem. I have a feeling that this game was perhaps made in too much haste? Otherwise I can`t imagine why this particular ERS game seems to have quite a lot of problems in it.

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by jpflier on Aug 13, 11 7:17 AM
I too own most of ERS games (can't say all as I am not sure...) but i own a lot of BFG, and have been a very good customer of them. I have noticed a lack of quality over time and have to say I am very disappointed, I guess the only thing to do is vote with my pocketbook. I hope they get it together as I miss the old . Valdy, hope all is well with your computer and that it has many "years" of life left, it is very discouraging to see that blasted blue screen!

Valdy wrote:
jpflier wrote:

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you experienced this as well. It`s something that gives me a near heart attack when it happens. And I am so surprised this happened to one of ERS` games, because I own all of their games and never had this problem. I have a feeling that this game was perhaps made in too much haste? Otherwise I can`t imagine why this particular ERS game seems to have quite a lot of problems in it.

[Post New]by wildjo on Aug 13, 11 10:19 AM
Does anyone know why I keep getting "Game file corrupted" and what I can do to fix it?

naranda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by naranda on Aug 13, 11 2:07 PM
challis3 wrote:Um- still waiting to hear a fix for the incorrect download problem. At least one other Fish reported this as well as me. BFG incorrectly downloaded the first Redemption Cemetery Game instead of the one I actually purchased. And 36 hours later Im still waiting for a first response....

This happened to me too! I've now paid for the 1st Redemption Cemetery two times - both are listed in my account history. Will be trying chat on monday to try and get this straightened out.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 13, 11 2:16 PM
jpflier wrote:I too own most of ERS games (can't say all as I am not sure...) but i own a lot of BFG, and have been a very good customer of them. I have noticed a lack of quality over time and have to say I am very disappointed, I guess the only thing to do is vote with my pocketbook. I hope they get it together as I miss the old . Valdy, hope all is well with your computer and that it has many "years" of life left, it is very discouraging to see that blasted blue screen!

Yes, thank you, jpflier. My computer has recovered from its shock (good girl), and it is only 9 months old, but I haven`t quite recovered yet. LOL Because each time I now install a game, I cringe with anticipation - once burnt, twice shy, as the saying goes.

ETA: After the disaster I had with this game, and while I was able to uninstall the trial version (the full version never installed), I have decided to give this game a wide berth, and will not even attempt to download the trial version of the SE when it`s out. I contacted CS and got a refund. I would have preferred to play the game (was really looking forward to it), but if a game gives me that kind of trouble once, I am not going to chance it a second time.

And I guess that in future, I better be more alert where ERS games are concerned as well. If it happens once, it can happen again.

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 2:27:46 PM PST

Go to: