QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

folded paper rubbings

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Aug 12, 11 6:11 PM
is anyone else having trouble getting the folded paper off the door to take it to the dogman. i have rubbed it until it will rub no more and my wrist hurts and i tried leaving the coal on it and it will not come off into inventory. the game is stopped here as i can not get to the fire pit without the rubbings. anyone know about this?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:folded paper rubbings

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 14, 11 10:30 AM
I didn't have any trouble at all. I did have a little trouble getting all of the symbols to appear on the paper, though.

folded paper rubbings

[Post New]by Frogee14 on Aug 14, 11 5:25 PM
QUZEMOTO wrote:is anyone else having trouble getting the folded paper off the door to take it to the dogman. i have rubbed it until it will rub no more and my wrist hurts and i tried leaving the coal on it and it will not come off into inventory. the game is stopped here as i can not get to the fire pit without the rubbings. anyone know about this?

I certainly am stuck at the same spot. The game-play seems to be more tricky than common-sense or logical. The Hints are not really hints but just more cryptic-gobbly-****. Somehow, this game will be my last from this company...sorry, I just don't enjoy 'goofy solutions' and silly gameplay.
Please post / IM me if you ever get the solution. Thanks

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 5:28:40 PM PST

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Aug 15, 11 7:22 PM
At the risk of sounding "too IT", "have you tried turning it off and on again?" I had problems with the program freezing every time I tried to change the options (i.e. full screen off), and I literally had to turn my PC off and then on again to continue the game.

tomboy4
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomboy4 on Sep 1, 11 9:19 PM
I can't get the paper off of the door either....guess I'll have to call customer service tomorrow..although I doubt they can help with this problem.

Any ideas anyone? Bummer!

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Sep 25, 11 1:50 PM
I have the CE for Mac edition - and I too cannot remove the coal rubbing paper from the door to proceed.

Somebody please help with this issue!! Thanks!

[Post New]by silo_whett on Oct 26, 11 8:36 PM
Ok i have just downloaded this game and was having the same problem getting to the fire pit because I couldnt take the rubbing off the door. It also was an incomplete rubbing on the lower right. So what I did was move mu cursor over the rubbing quite wildly all over the bottom part of the paper and finally it became a true rubbing. Hopefully ill get to the firepit now.

Go to: