bfgFlounder
9,709 Posts

Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 13, 11 12:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/14/2012 at 10:42:23 AM PST

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by lucyloket on Aug 13, 11 1:24 AM
The game won't d/l more than 11%. When I stop it and try to exit the gm, the system says 'not responding'.
Might try again later - then again, might not bother

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Aug 13, 11 1:56 AM
lucyloket wrote:The game won't d/l more than 11%. When I stop it and try to exit the gm, the system says 'not responding'.

I had exactly the same problem. Stopped dead at 29.1MB - deleted the game and tried to d/l again but the game would not appear as a download again after 3 tries. The only way I could get it to work was to uninstall and reinstall the G/M which then worked OK

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Aug 13, 11 2:14 AM
Mart1n0940 wrote:
lucyloket wrote:The game won't d/l more than 11%. When I stop it and try to exit the gm, the system says 'not responding'.

I had exactly the same problem. Stopped dead at 29.1MB - deleted the game and tried to d/l again but the game would not appear as a download again after 3 tries. The only way I could get it to work was to uninstall and reinstall the G/M which then worked OK

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that and got to 14% twice before it froze. I cannot be bothered to try any more.

BFG - please sort out this new GM and the d/l issues a lot of people are having. I never had this problem before myself - could this be why there's so few reviews for games just lately???

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 13, 11 2:52 AM
Well this is a first for me. The load time for this game after I bought is crawling! I have a hi speed internet, very strong computer. Right now 211mb out of 472mb so maybe this afternoon it will be loaded.

I also am not a big fan of all the whistles the new GM has seems to be a space/energy hog.

WHY when I click buy the order shows another game with the one I want to purchase.

[Post New]by tilmalene on Aug 13, 11 3:09 AM
I have the same problem. For the fist time ever.

I have reinstalled the game several times, and now I have manage to get to 38%. Unfortunately I bought it straigt away, so I really hope I can get it work.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 13, 11 3:23 AM
well, I am now at 50% and still a very slow download.

Interestingly the GM is still showing that I have less than 1 min to play of the sample version which I deleted when I started the download again. So I wonder what sample it is talking about now.

Edit: Well after it passed the 63% mark it downloaded at my normal fast speed. Very weird!

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 3:49:10 AM PST

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Aug 13, 11 4:24 AM
It downloaded for me! Only problem is, it does the same thing it did as a CE. It goes to black screen (after selecting play) for a split second, then back to game manager. Try to uninstall, and it says the game is running. The only way to stop the game from 'runnung' is to reboot the computer! I have wanted to play this ever since I saw the CE, can't you fix this game? I don't understand why you even posted the SE, if you haven't solved the problems of the CE!

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Aug 13, 11 4:55 AM
I purchased the CE version of this game and the game wouldn't play--it just would open to a black screen and then go to the game manager "play again" screen. BFG couldn't fix the problem that I and others were having, but assured me the developer was generating a fix. I was hoping this version was new and fixed, but it sounds like the game is doing the same thing.

BFG, why would you release this game again until it was repaired by the developer? Many of us are still waiting for the updated download in the CE version.

Zaitai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Zaitai on Aug 13, 11 5:12 AM
Thank you for noting that the new GM does not work. this is the third game I DL'd and the third time I got a mess. BF--please undo that silly GM. The old one was fine.

truddi
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Aug 13, 11 5:14 AM
gma5 wrote:It downloaded for me! Only problem is, it does the same thing it did as a CE. It goes to black screen (after selecting play) for a split second, then back to game manager. Try to uninstall, and it says the game is running. The only way to stop the game from 'runnung' is to reboot the computer! I have wanted to play this ever since I saw the CE, can't you fix this game? I don't understand why you even posted the SE, if you haven't solved th[b][i]e problems of the CE! [/quote)

[b]I have downloaded this game twice and am having the same result as you !!

A quick flash of a black screen, then back to game manager???

Never had this happen before, but was going to buy this game.

Gonna be a long boring weekend now.

ciscaR8
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 13, 11 5:21 AM
the game downloaded at normal speed, when i click on play nothing happens, dont get an error nothing at all, uninstalled it several times, but no luck of playing this game
Cisca

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Aug 13, 11 5:33 AM
Same for me. It downloaded and installed with no problem, but when I go to open it,
it just goes back the game manager.

Tabbitha53
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Aug 13, 11 5:52 AM
Same problems as everyone else here also.VERY slow d/load on a normally fast PC.Cant open game after install just goes back to Game Manager.

Am on my second install now,but not very hopeful after reading others comments

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
739 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 13, 11 6:12 AM
my game downloaded fast but when I click play it won't do anything so I tried to uninstall it and it says stock overlow on line 109

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 6:13:25 AM PST

[Post New]by andromeda4bear on Aug 13, 11 6:41 AM
At least I don't feel alone with the problem of installing the game, hit play and it just show a fast black screen and goes back to GM. I was waiting to play this game in SE. I am not a fan of CE, since I don't really care for the extras. Plus, I don't want pay a lot for a game that most of the time I can play in a about 4 to 5 hours. It's not the first game I am having problems and I am getting tired of downloading games which are not working properly. BF used to be the best and I just had compliments to say about it. Please, fix the problem before posting the game for us to play. Or let me know what to do to have game working properly.

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Aug 13, 11 7:19 AM
wont work for me either,just keeps going back to game manager,re installed and stops at 43%

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Aug 13, 11 7:19 AM
gma5 wrote:It downloaded for me! Only problem is, it does the same thing it did as a CE. It goes to black screen (after selecting play) for a split second, then back to game manager. Try to uninstall, and it says the game is running. The only way to stop the game from 'runnung' is to reboot the computer! I have wanted to play this ever since I saw the CE, can't you fix this game? I don't understand why you even posted the SE, if you haven't solved the problems of the CE!

I am having a similar problem. I click on "play", the game manager flashes a couple of times, then I get popped to the screen that says "play again."

My solution? I'm going to uninstall and I won't buy the game!! I'm not going to screw around with any game that has a technical issue anymore!!! If BFG doesn't have a fix, then too bad for the Dev! Not my problem anymore!!!

[Post New]by ssandygirl on Aug 13, 11 7:22 AM
Same issues as everyone else - I get a flash of black screen and then back to the game manager inviting me to buy it or play it free for an hour.

Fix it!

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Aug 13, 11 7:24 AM
I too am having d/l problems, and I went ahead and bought the game without even trying the trial.
BFG please get the download bugs worked out - don't like the new GM!

Go to: