bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 14, 11 2:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 14, 11 2:51 AM
I'm sure I will enjoy it but when I clicked on the Widescreen option in the trial version, all I got was a 2" wide strip of the opening screen on the left hand side. I decided to buy the game without a trial and so I uninstalled the trial version using the uninstaller in the game manage. So I uninstalled again. using a "deep cleaner" uninstall program and am just downloading it again in the hope it will be OK this time.

Anyone else had this problem with the widescreen option?

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 14, 11 3:33 AM
I've done another download and still only got the 2" strip on the left hand side. So, I did a system restore to take my computer back to last night - still just the strip of screen down the left hand side of my laptop's screen.

Not sure what else I can do to be able to play this game..

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Aug 14, 11 3:47 AM
cannot download ANY games everythin working but when its installed it says trial expired!!!!!!!!! help

smudger29
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by smudger29 on Aug 14, 11 4:34 AM
Very slow loading once I had put in my name - 6 mins! Enough time to boil the kettle and make the coffee.

Also quite jerky in the few scenes I've managed to get into within 37 mins. I had the same problem with slow reactions with Sacra Terra last week.

Is it just me??

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Aug 14, 11 5:27 AM
Having the same problem as "janspack".
Clicked on widescreen and now all I have is 2" strip of game on left of screen!
I also uninstalled and tried again with same results.
Otherwise it is a great game!

spagbol
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spagbol on Aug 14, 11 5:46 AM
Very disappointed - I've been looking forward to this games for nearly 2 years - and it sis freezing all thetime so not enjoyable to play. The game looks great but runs slow and freezes - I can play all the other BF games fine.
I'll try again, hope its not new computer time??

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 14, 11 6:05 AM
rolltide01 wrote:
grammyapples wrote:Having the same problem as "janspack".
Clicked on widescreen and now all I have is 2" strip of game on left of screen!
I also uninstalled and tried again with same results.
Otherwise it is a great game!

Having same problem, except computer crashed 3 times, would not let me uninstall, several other issues, after about 2 hrs. and 2 System Restore, I am back to normal (I hope). Very stressful, thot I was gonna need a tech to fix my computer, don't want that to happen again or to anyone else!

Glad I'm not the only one! I'm have a last attempt to get the game to work. I've gone back to an earlier system restore date, uninstalled and reinstalled Game Manager. I'm now downloading the game again but don't have a lot of hope.

I have sent a help request to Customer Support so maybe I'll get some help from them in a day or two. Meanwhile, I'm feeling really frustrated that I can't play this game.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Aug 14, 11 6:34 AM
The game loaded fine in a timely manner. But, the game freezes, slow response to clicking on next or clicking on **** scene items. The music sticks like a record gets stuck and repeats the same sound over and over. I like to have never been able to exit the game. Soooooo sad! I really wanted this game today but will have to wait and see if it will get fixed.

Deb

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Aug 14, 11 6:55 AM
I don't know if this will help or not to all those getting the black strip. Some time back after reading a post from another fishie about another game I did this. I right clicked on my desktop and about two thirds of the way of the down I highlighted "Graphics Options" The Another menu opens up. Click/highlight "Panel Fit" and from there "Scale Full Screen". Since I've done that more games including ones that hadn't before fill my widescreen monitor. When I started this game it also filled my widescreen. Oddly enough, if a game has a widescreen option, it has to be off as it was in this game. Hope this helps.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Aug 14, 11 7:01 AM
Problem same as Janspack. Sorry, no widescreen, no buy. May seem like a minor discomfort but makes a big difference for old eyes.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Aug 14, 11 8:01 AM
suze14 wrote:cannot download ANY games everythin working but when its installed it says trial expired!!!!!!!!! help

This happens to me everytime[b] I down load. I go back to web page and ask to install without deleting the downloaded version when I go back to Games Manager I find it is ready to play. This has only happened since I had the new Games Manager.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 14, 11 8:07 AM
probably best to go back to full screen. try that and see if it works.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 14, 11 8:48 AM
Debnfla wrote:The music sticks like a record gets stuck and repeats the same sound over and over.
When I played the demo, I thought the game had locked-up because it kept repeating the same bar of music over and over. I found out later that this was actually the way it was composed. Went quickly to the "Options" to slide the music all the way down, whereupon the demo crashed.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 8:48:57 AM PST

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Aug 14, 11 8:52 AM
The music was sticking when you would click on an item in the **** scenes, it would keep clicking for several seconds and then act as it should. My hubby said perhaps it is just the demo having so many problems and not the game itself after it is loaded up all the way. I just sat here and stared at him.....thinking.....what if it ISN'T the just the demo....and if I use my 2 game credits it still acts up! Leave it to him to make me want to go ahead and buy the game just to see if it is "just the demo". I think it is just wishful thinking on my part!!!

Deb

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Aug 14, 11 8:53 AM
Thanks satexasgirl, I tried your suggestion but it did not help. But was worth a try.
Crazy8club, there is no way to get any options to click full screen because there is only a 2" strip of picture. can not see anything else.
I should be glad my computer did not crash. Sorry for you guys that happened to.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Aug 14, 11 8:54 AM
Thanks satexasgirl, I tried your suggestion but it did not help. But was worth a try.
Crazy8club, there is no way to get any options to click full screen because there is only a 2" strip of picture. can not see anything else.
I should be glad my computer did not crash. Sorry for you guys that happened to.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 14, 11 9:03 AM
cursor was slow at times. too many pop ups for conversations.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Aug 14, 11 9:06 AM
Well, ive tried everything else. So today I downloaded IE9 to see what happens. All add-ons have been updated. Got a survey from Big Fish about response from Nightmare at Sea. Unable to do survey, would not let me enter the IP address of the Big Fish, so could go no further. Once again I am going to try to download Nightmare at Sea and see what happens. I will let you know later.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Aug 14, 11 9:37 AM
Never had this happen before - As soon as I downloaded the game and it appeared in my Game Manager it said "Trial Expired"! I never even got to try the game. I think I'll try uninstall and reinstall and see if this helps. At this point it only gives me the option to "Buy". Has this happened to anyone else?

Go to: