bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Mac version of Jack of All Tribes is here!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 14, 11 2:52 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jack of All Tribes players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgFlounder

LadyGlove
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Jack of All Tribes is here!

[Post New]by LadyGlove on Aug 14, 11 7:34 AM
I can't even get mine to open for the trial time. It just instantly goes to the "Play Again" page like I had played the game. I've lost no time but I would like to try the darn game.

acyy415
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by acyy415 on Aug 14, 11 9:38 AM
Same here!

Really wanted to try it too......
Not the first that won't open, probably not the last. *sigh*
Maggie

[Post New]by puerc13 on Aug 14, 11 11:29 AM
I am having the same problem. I have tried updating my software and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing seems to work.

Bummed out.

3pointers
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by 3pointers on Aug 14, 11 10:08 PM
Ditto.

Mac OSX 10.5.8

Well, nevermind. Just noticed the system requirements are 10.6.

Sorry, not all of us can update our software, because if we do, then we have to put out more money to update other application software that becomes incompatible with the newer OS.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 10:21:17 PM PST

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Aug 15, 11 2:19 AM
Running OS.X 6.8
Game info Min specs are OS X.6

Running fine and very enjoyable.
Sorry for those not yet OS X.6

[Post New]by bern48 on Aug 17, 11 8:55 PM
LadyGlove wrote:I can't even get mine to open for the trial time. It just instantly goes to the "Play Again" page like I had played the game. I've lost no time but I would like to try the darn game.
I am having the same issue. Can anyone help?

1524Cats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 1524Cats on Aug 21, 11 3:04 AM
I had the same issue and i have the os x.6. I've actually had this same issue with more than one game lately and it's very frustrating. i waited a couple of days and was finally able to open the game.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 25, 11 1:13 PM
You guys have no idea how lucky you are that you cant get it to install. Unfortunately it took me until after the trial when I decided to purchase the game to find out that it was awful. This is the worst game I've ever bought for PC/Mac. Truly.
And this is the genre I most often play. If I hadnt gone through Royal Envoy & all of the similar ones so many times I'd just go back to playng them but I think they need a couple of months break. So I know $7 or $8 isnt all that much but it irks me to no end how much substance this game ended up NOT having. It took me 2 stints of playing to finish the whole thing.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 25, 11 2:14 PM
3pointers wrote:Ditto.

Mac OSX 10.5.8

Well, nevermind. Just noticed the system requirements are 10.6.

Sorry, not all of us can update our software, because if we do, then we have to put out more money to update other application software that becomes incompatible with the newer OS.

Hi 3pointers,

If you've purchased this game but your system does not meet the minimum requirements, please contact Customer Support, and one of our reps would be happy to replace this game for you one that will run properly on your system.

To avoid running into this in the future, please don't forget to play the free trial versions of our games prior to purchasing to make sure that everything runs as it's supposed to -- and to make sure that you like the game enough to purchase it!

-bfgHondo

KarenS
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by KarenS on Sep 2, 11 10:07 AM
Oh boy, I wish I'd looked here before I bought the game this morning!

I've been restarting my computer over and over, uninstalling and reinstalling without any luck, force quitting everything, etc. I had no idea it could be that I don't have OS X.6. I'm also running 5.8! Now I'm annoyed. I really wouldn't have spent the money and I have no plans to upgrade my MAC right now. Maybe Customer service will give me a credit.

I played the game online and thought it was cute.

[Post New]by alpacafarmette on May 18, 14 5:28 PM
Fine, but I sure am getting tired of you developers who can't make the mac games without bugs!!!!

Go to: