[Post New]by dianehope on Jan 3, 09 8:13 AM
Great Game. My only complaint is that it was not long enough

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jan 3, 09 8:19 AM
How many chapters in it? How long did it take you to finish? Obviously not very long! LOL

Lee

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 3, 09 8:25 AM
Somebody posted in another thread that it only took him/her 2 hours. I haven't been counting the number of scenes, and there aren't numbered chapters. There's no timer, so if you are stubborn and don't use your 5 hints per scene when you get down to the last 5 items, it can take a while. I'm still working on it, taking my time, and taking breaks to do other things as well.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 3, 09 8:27 AM
It would be great if Big Fish would start telling us how many levels a game has or an estimate at the amount of time it takes to play a game. That would save us from buying a game we've played for an hour and then beating it 30 minutes later.

I'm downloading HH2 now, but I doubt I'll buy it since it seems to be a very short game - which I HATE.

Happy New Year everyone!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 3, 09 10:28 AM
Particularly in untimed HO games, there's really no way to estimate how long it will take players to finish. Some people spot the items very very quickly, others take a very long time, right?

There's always waiting until the game has been out a few days, and then reading all the threads about it to see how many people complained about it being too short. I'm impatient; if I really enjoy the first 15 minutes then I usually buy it right then, the first day it's out.

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Jan 3, 09 1:09 PM
Im with Diane. Great game, just way too short. Much better than the first one, I thought.

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Jan 3, 09 7:27 PM
I hate to say it, but this is the first time I've bought a BigFish game and was ready to ask for my money back. It was incredibly short and a huge disappointment.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 3, 09 7:49 PM
Hello Hollyodie and Welcome to Pond. I agree with you. Luckily I was having some trouble with my computer last night so did download HH2 until today. Loved the graphic, but I read about how short the game was and decided not to buy it. I also demo a game before I buy it, so it would have been over much sooner than I would want. Glad I didn't buy it...

[Post New]by crhudy on Jan 3, 09 8:00 PM
I must say this is my first post, as I have been with BFG for a long time. I am a HO fanatic, and I must say that HH2 was a big disappointment. The graphics were great, however, the story line left a lot to be desired. The game was very short, taking only 1 1/2 hours to finish. Unfortunately, I purchased the game.

Anyway, been watching the forums---guess I am taking the plunge to post. Happy New Year to all!!

[Post New]by CRAFTYLADY98 on Jan 3, 09 8:52 PM
i think this game should be half-priced since it seemed to be half as long as usual games. i finished it in no time and that is strange for me. wish i hadn't wasted my money.
sorry crhurdy. didn't see your post when i started venting.

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 8:54:23 PM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 4, 09 4:43 AM
Completely agree with the above posts - I played the demo yesterday and decided to buy it, including the demo time I finished in under 2 hours, very disappointed.

Graphics are good, but objects easy to find and puzzles were easy too.

I, too, wish I hadn`t used my last credit on this.

[Post New]by deirob on Jan 11, 09 7:04 AM
does anyone know where I can find the puzzle piece?

mims7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mims7 on Jan 11, 09 7:14 AM
puzzle piece is bottom middle of screen on white piece of paper. How about paper clip in garage anyone know where that is? Of course hints not working in that scene. Thanks

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Jan 11, 09 7:50 AM
Way too short. "Boom" all of a sudden it was over. Don't waste your money.

Skeets

[Post New]by wildfrank on Jan 15, 09 4:10 PM
I feel really disappointed with this one, took no time at all to finish, what a waste of a credit! and that 'to be continued...' it won't make me get the next one. What a fiddle Big Fish!

[Post New]by sunnydog on Jan 18, 09 5:31 PM
not the best game I've downloaded
in the security office the hint says the hook is by the tie & scissors I can't find it
think the games has crockroaches

[Post New]by bigfishgames976 on Jan 18, 09 7:01 PM
I love this game! Even it's a Hidden Object game and I'm not good at that game kind. But I still love it.

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Jan 21, 09 7:40 AM
I was looking for something to play so decided to download the trial of HH2, I've been playing for 33 minutes of my hours trial and it crashed with an access violation error.

I didn't like the game that much but thought I'd check here in case anyone else go any error messages.

Having read the posts above I'm so glad I didn't buy the game, there are too many short games around at the moment which are a waste of money. I'm waiting for some decent games and will be reading the forums before I buy any more from Big Fish.

To all those who feel robbed having paid for the game and completed it in such a short time I'd suggest you contact Big Fish, you never know they might give you a refund

[Post New]by kos_malakhov on Jan 21, 09 8:00 AM
BlackKnight_UK wrote:I was looking for something to play so decided to download the trial of HH2, I've been playing for 33 minutes of my hours trial and it crashed with an access violation error.

I didn't like the game that much but thought I'd check here in case anyone else go any error messages.

Having read the posts above I'm so glad I didn't buy the game, there are too many short games around at the moment which are a waste of money. I'm waiting for some decent games and will be reading the forums before I buy any more from Big Fish.

To all those who feel robbed having paid for the game and completed it in such a short time I'd suggest you contact Big Fish, you never know they might give you a refund

Very nice advice thanks. I'll use next time in cinema. If I wont like the movie, I will watch until the end anyway,then I will ask my money back because I didn't like it. Also I will write on some forums that people should ask for refund if they don't like it. Doesn't matter that I spent 2 hours in cinema.
Really nice advice,best I ever heard

Edited on 01/21/2009 at 8:01:28 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 21, 09 8:14 AM
170MBs. You'd think it was a decent sized game & would last a day or so. Nope. Video must've been 4/5 of all those MBs. Why waste our time on videos? We want gaming, not videos.

Go to: